The greatest disaster album...EVER

Towserhead

... Also madison, its a magazine article why would he feel it necessary to reference everything? I mean its not an academic journal, no bibliography is required.

Hon, if somebody copies another person's work in a publication (whether it's a newspaper, wire or magazine), it must be credited. Otherwise, it's called "plagiarism." Any reputable journalist knows this. This is why you'll see a newspaper article say "Axl told RollingStone last Fall ....." .... And Mick is a reputable and credible writer, which is why it surprised me that he didn't source it. :question:

If he was writing an "editorial" - where he was just giving his opinion on something - then that would be different. But when he's writing an article and presenting the statements as facts (not opinion), then they need to be sourced. .... Or so I've heard. :book:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good article.

I don't know about some of the Sharon Maynard stuff. I've only seen her mentioned, ever, in one other article, and here, Mick seems to be quoting from it, from what I can remember. Is this Beta? How come he calls her Axl's housekeeper? I always assumed she was different from Beta, and had read she lived out in the desert somewhere.

Also, didn't this:

Following his visits to Maynard, Rose also underwent counselling from a past-life regression therapist named Suzzy London. She is said to have helped Rose ‘recover’ memories of childhood sexual abuse by his biological father William Rose, whom he didn’t know about until he was a teenager.

Happen way back when he was still with the original guys? He mentions in some interviews how he has been able to recall things that happened to him as a child he had forgotten.

I dunno, the whole thing seems kind of screwy. I think Mick makes some great points, but he arranges the information in ways to manipulate the public's mind. The whole cache of automatic weapons thing happened way back when the band was first hitting the bigtime, i believe. Mick Wall does his best to seem that Axl is still as crazy and as young and reckless as he was back in the 80s. I think Axl has deafinately matured since then, and don't you think some of us fans, like those who have met Axl, or have been to all the backstage shit, would have seen this Sharon Maynard character if she is really traveling with him? Beta is like axl's mom, not his "spiritual advisor," so where is this Maynard character?

Also:

1. The huge house he lives in now was bought the following year when Rose was dating supermodel Stephanie Seymour. - I always assumed that this house, the Estranged house, was the one in the 91 loader interview, where he had just been married to Erin. Has he had two houses since he hit it big?

2. Even discounting Rose and his manager’s various promised deadlines, on November 8 this year a black-and-white video for There Was A Time appeared on the recently reactivated official Guns N’ Roses website. - WHAT THE FUCK?

Edited by jah772

Very interesting read

All employees also had to submit a photograph of themselves, which Rose would then offer to guru Sharon Maynard for her ‘psychic inspection’ in order to reveal their true motives. Maynard even demanded pictures of potential employees’ children in order to read their spiritual auras more accurately.

...what the hell? :huh:

I don´t understand why some people consider this article as a very interesting read. This dude´s article is very very biased and it has a total lack of an objective point of view, as a good journalist would do.

A lot of the stuff in the article isn´t even his, he´s just copied and pasted it.And I better not mention the fact that he even mistakes Beta with Sharon Maynard,that he mixes stuff, echoes internet rumours and manipulates some things like the infamous Saint Louis incident...just as an exemple.

This journalist doesn´t obviously like Axl and as I have said in another post, we can never expect him to write anything positive about Axl.

The story of the black and white TWAT video isn´t even true ( most of us have visited the official site daily and it´s never been there), and the last paragraph is very confusing since he´s talking about something Axl said long ago at the old official site (gnronline.com) and not the current one like he´s insinuating.

What a " great" journalist this dude is :rolleyes:

This journalist doesn´t obviously like Axl and as I have said in another post, we can never expect him to write anything positive about Axl.

Why should he write "positive" things about Axl ? :question:

He's not Del James, he's not on Axl's pay roll....

He will never write anything good about Axl because of their quarrels ( Get in the ring...etc). You don´t have to be Del James to write good things about the band :rolleyes: . Even if CD had been released and it was the best record of the year, Mick Wall would find an excuse to talk shit about Axl :no:

Pretty good article.

I don't know about some of the Sharon Maynard stuff. I've only seen her mentioned, ever, in one other article, and here, Mick seems to be quoting from it, from what I can remember. Is this Beta? How come he calls her Axl's housekeeper? I always assumed she was different from Beta, and had read she lived out in the desert somewhere.

Also, didn't this:

Following his visits to Maynard, Rose also underwent counselling from a past-life regression therapist named Suzzy London. She is said to have helped Rose ‘recover’ memories of childhood sexual abuse by his biological father William Rose, whom he didn’t know about until he was a teenager.

Happen way back when he was still with the original guys? He mentions in some interviews how he has been able to recall things that happened to him as a child he had forgotten.

Beta and Sharon Maynard are different people and you're right, he first went into therapy in early 1991.

Also:

1. The huge house he lives in now was bought the following year when Rose was dating supermodel Stephanie Seymour. - I always assumed that this house, the Estranged house, was the one in the 91 loader interview, where he had just been married to Erin. Has he had two houses since he hit it big?

At least. The house he and Erin had was in the Hollywood Hills. He bought the Malibu mansion in 1992.

Is there a reason why:

A: This is the NY Times 2005 Article "The Most Expensive Album Never Made" with some snippets from the 2000 Rolling Stone feature. How does this quality as 'news' or a 'Mick Wall article'?

B: Why can this not be discussed at HTGTH? It's a compilation of two previous articles passed off as 'insider journalism'. I got a negative karma for simply asking why its not allowed to be discussed. That Jarmo...he loves his internet powers and his ability to be a complete facist. I really tried to respect that guy and the fact that he has a job to do...but wow. Hes officially totally not cool.

The idea that some of you are asking if his 'facts' are true makes me laugh. Mick cannot possibly be 'non-objective' or 'biased' in this 'article' because none of this is Mick's. There is not one sentence in that entire article that I have not seen at least once before. All of this 'info' has been published previously...last year and six years ago.

P.S. Normally Mick Wall is a great writer. He even wrote that book 'GN'R - The Most Dangerous Band In The World'. He explained his side of the 'Get In The Ring' incident and honestly Mick sounds 100% credible on that. Axl said some stuff he regretted saying on tape and tried to threaten Mick, end of story. However, this article is complete crap as it's a plagarism job, and I just lost a shitload of respect for Mr. Coke-Monkey Bloke-Journalist.

Edited by SterileEyes

Is there a reason why:

A: This is the NY Times 2005 Article "The Most Expensive Album Never Made" with some snippets from the 2000 Rolling Stone feature. How does this quality as 'news' or a 'Mick Wall article'?

B: Why can this not be discussed at HTGTH? It's a compilation of two previous articles passed off as 'insider journalism'. I got a negative karma for simply asking why its not allowed to be discussed. That Jarmo...he loves his internet powers and his ability to be a complete facist. I really tried to respect that guy and the fact that he has a job to do...but wow. Hes officially totally not cool.

The idea that some of you are asking if his 'facts' are true makes me laugh. Mick cannot possibly be 'non-objective' or 'biased' in this 'article' because none of this is Mick's. There is not one sentence in that entire article that I have not seen at least once before. All of this 'info' has been published previously...last year and six years ago.

P.S. Normally Mick Wall is a great writer. He even wrote that book 'GN'R - The Most Dangerous Band In The World'. He explained his side of the 'Get In The Ring' incident and honestly Mick sounds 100% credible on that. Axl said some stuff he regretted saying on tape and tried to threaten Mick, end of story. However, this article is complete crap as it's a plagarism job, and I just lost a shitload of respect for Mr. Coke-Monkey Bloke-Journalist.

I think Mick is a good writer, and here he has spun a lot of information into a very persuasive story. However, I think his portrayal of Axl is manipulative and misleading. He has re-ordered events in a few cases, lumping events that were many years apart together in order to strengthen his portrayal of a somewhat mentally disturbed Axl, which I do not personally agree with.

I still do not understand the whole Sharon Maynard/Yoda thing. I think it first came up in an old, (2000? Rolling Stone?) article, but the singular mention of this woman, along with her influence on Axl's life, which I do not think is backed by any other evidence or sources, has been quoted repediatedly since, yet never confirmed or corrorberated, as far as I know. Does anyone have any further information reguarding the whole Yoda thing? Anyone know of where it first started, and if there is any evidence of it being true from other sources?

I still do not understand the whole Sharon Maynard/Yoda thing. I think it first came up in an old, (2000? Rolling Stone?) article, but the singular mention of this woman, along with her influence on Axl's life, which I do not think is backed by any other evidence or sources, has been quoted repediatedly since, yet never confirmed or corrorberated, as far as I know. Does anyone have any further information reguarding the whole Yoda thing? Anyone know of where it first started, and if there is any evidence of it being true from other sources?

Well, it's never been denied. It's incredibly damning, it really does make him look like a loon. If it is libelous horseshit, surely it would be in Axl's best interest to say so?

Also:

The article is wrong. There's only been one house, and Axl bought it way before he was ever dating Seymour. He had it as early as mid-1990--that's when the Kurt Loder interview was done. For someone who has supposedly "known Axl for years," Mick Wall certainly seems to have been sloppy with his research.

The story is very poorly written, in my opinion. As others have noted, he just pulled information from other articles--without credit, which is unethical at best--and put a negative spin on it. Interesting that he doesn't mind knocking the hell out of Axl and then turns around, writes a book and wants to make money off him.

Also:

The article is wrong. There's only been one house, and Axl bought it way before he was ever dating Seymour. He had it as early as mid-1990--that's when the Kurt Loder interview was done. For someone who has supposedly "known Axl for years," Mick Wall certainly seems to have been sloppy with his research.

I'm 99% positive that the home A&E lived in during 1990 was in the Hollywood Hills, not Malibu.

Also:

I'm 99% positive that the home A&E lived in during 1990 was in the Hollywood Hills, not Malibu.

"Hollywood Hills" is an unofficial term--I found this on Wikipedia:

The Hollywood Hills, an unofficial designation of part of the City of Los Angeles, California, are part of the eastern section of the low transverse range of the Santa Monica Mountains, which extends from the Los Feliz District and Hollywood, on the south side of the Valley, to Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu and Pacific Palisades.

If you look at the house in the interview and in the Estranged vid it's the same place...same pool, etc. I'd guess that they said "Hollywood Hills" instead of Malibu to keep the location of the house deliberately vague.

Also:

"Hollywood Hills" is an unofficial term--I found this on Wikipedia:

The Hollywood Hills, an unofficial designation of part of the City of Los Angeles, California, are part of the eastern section of the low transverse range of the Santa Monica Mountains, which extends from the Los Feliz District and Hollywood, on the south side of the Valley, to Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu and Pacific Palisades.

If you look at the house in the interview and in the Estranged vid it's the same place...same pool, etc. I'd guess that they said "Hollywood Hills" instead of Malibu to keep the location of the house deliberately vague.

But I agree with Angelica. I´ve read it several times in different sites and magazines...etc. The house of the Kurt Loader interview was the one he bought when he was married to Erin but they didn´t live there together. And the Malibu house was bought later, when Axl was dating Stephanie and that was suppossed to be the place where they would settle down and raise their kids.

I don´t know it 100% but I think this info is the correct one.

From Mick's blog (31 December) :

Meanwhile, the Mail on Sunday also printed my Guns N' Roses story today. I must say, they've done a lovely job. Even ran one or two pix even I'd never seen before (of Axl's Malibu mansion and one of him in a limo with some bint from last summer). They also gave the forthcoming weighty tome a rather nice plug, which was very sporting of them.

Well, I guess I´m blind because I haven´t seen those pics in the Mail link ... :unsure:

Mick meant the pics published in the newspaper version of the article, not the online version.

Yes, that´s what I was thinking :) ,the printed version and the online version are different.

holly shit read that!!

"All employees also had to submit a photograph of themselves, which Rose would then offer to guru Sharon Maynard for her ‘psychic inspection’ in order to reveal their true motives. Maynard even demanded pictures of potential employees’ children in order to read their spiritual auras more accurately."

That's completely psycho, completly psycho :o:rofl-lol:

If you believe it, that is. :book:

As Angelica said it above, it's never been denied.

holly shit read that!!

"All employees also had to submit a photograph of themselves, which Rose would then offer to guru Sharon Maynard for her ‘psychic inspection’ in order to reveal their true motives. Maynard even demanded pictures of potential employees’ children in order to read their spiritual auras more accurately."

That's completely psycho, completly psycho :o:rofl-lol:

If you believe it, that is. :book:

As Angelica said it above, it's never been denied.

Nor confirmed either.