Noel slams Green Day

nunchuck

Noel Gallagher has accused Green Day of ripping off 'Wonderwall' with their own 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams'. Now i love Oasis and i think Noel is a very witty funny bloke and have quite often enjoyed his past rants but the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind here:

"If you listen, you'll find it is excactly the same arrangement as Wonderwall. They should have the decency to wait until i am dead. I, at least. pay people i steal from that courtesy"

he goes on "They consider themselves to be, and i quote, a kick ass rock n roll band. They could not be less kick ass if they tried."

One can safely assume he was referring to taking aherm, artistic licence from Mr Lennon and maybe Mr Harrison? (RIP both) but surely, he doesn't believe he has never ripped off anything Mcartney was involved in writing?

I can definetely (maybe) see the similarity between Wonderwall and BOBD, but ive heard more blatant copies than this to be honest. And many.

Coming from someone whose band has pretty much based themselves on another band, this is a tad rich isn't it? discuss.

The gallagher's are complete wannkers. What Liam said about Michael Hutchence was just wrong.

However I do agree whole heartedly with Noel quip about System of a Down. "The worst band of all time, past and future"

Way, way, way, way, way old.

True though, although I hate Green Day...

Yes. It's almost as old as wondering whether Chinese Democracy will ever come out :rolleyes:

Oh, the wit. Would you like a medal? Round of applause?

The point being, you dragged a topic up from late last year, and want us to discuss a topic thats been done over- yet get annoyed when I tell you it's old to save your face. Jeez, won't help you again.

Oasis > Green Day

Yes. It's almost as old as wondering whether Chinese Democracy will ever come out :rolleyes:

The point being, you dragged a topic up from late last year, and want us to discuss a topic thats been done over- yet get annoyed when I tell you it's old to save your face. Jeez, won't help you again.

Oasis > Green Day

You weren't trying to help me, you were just trying to be a smartass. There are topics that have been discussed many times before, that are 'way way older' (late last year is actually not that old seen as we are only just into feb.) Unfortunately i do not have the psychic powers to already know there has been a thread about this. Neither do i have the time to go searching endless threads just incase, wait for it, shock horror. SOMEBODY'S ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IT!

I really do aplogise, what do you want me to talk about? how shit your mum is?!

Oasis > Green Day

You weren't trying to help me, you were just trying to be a smartass. There are topics that have been discussed many times before, that are 'way way older' (late last year is actually not that old seen as we are only just into feb.) Unfortunately i do not have the psychic powers to already know there has been a thread about this. Neither do i have the time to go searching endless threads just incase, wait for it, shock horror. SOMEBODY'S ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IT!

No, if I was being a smartass, I'd reply with a witty comeback - if I may quote W.Axl Kev to fit your last comment:

If i wanted a cumback I'd wipe it off your mother's chin.

Like above ^^

It has been done do death, and then I gave my opinion, a fair valid point. The point being, that not only has this been discussed several times - but many conclusions have come of it. One of these being, you're a pretentious jackass. Or did we just discover that?

It wouldn't be the first time a band has borrowed another bands material, and it was a tongue in cheek remark. Take it as that.

Oasis > Green Day

No, if I was being a smartass, I'd reply with a witty comeback - if I may quote W.Axl Kev to fit your last comment:

If i wanted a cumback I'd wipe it off your mother's chin.
Like above ^^

It has been done do death, and then I gave my opinion, a fair valid point. The point being, that not only has this been discussed several times - but many conclusions have come of it. One of these being, you're a pretentious jackass. Or did we just discover that?

It wouldn't be the first time a band has borrowed another bands material, and it was a tongue in cheek remark. Take it as that.

Yes ok, have it your way. I am a pretentious jackass :question:

I liked the funny mum remark by the way, but, unfortunately, it wasn't yours was it?! :rolleyes:

Ok guys, from here on in nobody is to discuss ANYTHING. For fear of it being talked about before. So much for discussion forums huh?

Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a life to attend to. Happy surfing sandman computer nerd, hope you have many a happy hour trawling through people's threads in the hope that you can discover someone else who's talking about something that someone, someday has mentioned before! ooh, the saddo's! :sleeper:

Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a life to attend to. Happy surfing sandman computer nerd, hope you have many a happy hour trawling through people's threads in the hope that you can discover someone else who's talking about something that someone, someday has mentioned before! ooh, the saddo's! :sleeper:

Cheers ^_^ I will.

Just wondering, was there any backlash from Green Day?