New NIN album in April

46 & 2

Looking forward to hearing "Year Zero" due April 17th. "The Beginning of the End" is gonna be the 1st single debuting sometime in early March. Heard it on the the radio today. I think Trent recently said this album will be heavier and not so "produced" as WIth Teeth was. If this is the case this album has some serioud potential, something reminiscent of the Broken ep but full length would be killer. Anyways wondering what everyone else thinks??

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to hearing "Year Zero" due April 17th. "The Beginning of the End" is gonna be the 1st single debuting sometime in early March. Heard it on the the radio today. I think Trent recently said this album will be heavier and not so "produced" as WIth Teeth was. If this is the case this album has some serioud potential, something reminiscent of the Broken ep but full length would be killer. Anyways wondering what everyone else thinks??

I'm looking forward to it. I like the sound of it - he said it's going to be quite experimental and stripped and not as layered and industrial as past releases. Which could be amazing or a misfire, but I'm leaning towards amazing.

P.S. See fellas, this is how an album release works. Trent announces a new album a few months ago, does a couple interviews about it, a release date is set, a website opens, a single release is announced a month in advance...

Axl should take some tips from Trent. :xmasssanta:

Edited by Estranged Reality

Thats the great thing about NIN, your gonna get a great album no matter what. The quality is there. It sounds good from what he has said. Something along the lines of broken would be great. It been a while since he made a metal(ish) album...

Trent said on the Spiral that the new album wasn't heavy in a metal guitar kind of way. So I don't think it's going to sound much like Broken.

------------------

http://www.spin.com/features/news/2007/02/..._nineinchnails/

Spin's got the early scoop on the upcoming NIN album, which is possibly called Year Zero.

While many details have yet to be confirmed about the forthcoming Nine Inch Nails album, the first since 2005's With Teeth, its title may turn out to be Year Zero, or so one can glean from a new URL on NIN's website: yearzero.nin.com.

Spin editors recently had the opportunity to preview a few tracks from the album. "It's a more compact, immediate Trent," said Spin assistant editor Kyle Anderson after the listening session. "It's probably the most minimalist Nine Inch Nails has ever been. Conversely, Trent's getting outside of himself lyrically -- it's a real state-of-the-union message wrapped in a sci-fi concept album about a totalitarian government in the not-too-distant future."

------------------

A post on Blabbermouth seemed to suggest that "Survivalism" would be the first single.

The only confirmed song titles are "God Given" and "The Beginning of the End," though.

The first show on their European tour is tomorrow in Lisbon. Hopefully they'll play a song or two from the new album...

They didn't play anything from the new album last night, but they did play "Last" for the first time live.

Oh, and "Survivalism" appears to be track #3.

Sir, would you happen to have the setlist handy, I'd like to know what I'm looking forward to...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 11 2007, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first show on their European tour is tomorrow in Lisbon. Hopefully they'll play a song or two from the new album...

They didn't play anything from the new album last night, but they did play "Last" for the first time live.

Sir, would you happen to have the setlist handy, I'd like to know what I'm looking forward to...

Setlist:

1. Pilgrimage

2. Mr. Self-Destruct

3. Last

4. Terrible Lie

5. March of the Pigs

6. The Line Begins to Blur

7. Something I Can Never Have

8. Closer

9. Burn

10. Help Me I Am In Hell

11. Eraser

12. La Mer

13. Into the Void

14. Wish

15. No, You Don't

16. Only

17. You Know What You Are?

18. Hurt

19. The Hand That Feeds

20. Head Like a Hole

Can't wait for April!! rock3

And it fucking rocked!

Awesome show, fucking loved it.

The smoke machine actioned the fire alarm which cut off the lights on stage, so March Of The Pigs was done with the house lights on. Trent said something like "of course something has to go wrong on the first night.".

Great setlist, shame that it wasnt longer.. And i really wanted to hear Right Where It Belongs <_<

"Wish" was one of the highlights of the show.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 11 2007, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Setlist:

1. Pilgrimage

2. Mr. Self-Destruct

3. Last

4. Terrible Lie

5. March of the Pigs

6. The Line Begins to Blur

7. Something I Can Never Have

8. Closer

9. Burn

10. Help Me I Am In Hell

11. Eraser

12. La Mer

13. Into the Void

14. Wish

15. No, You Don't

16. Only

17. You Know What You Are?

18. Hurt

19. The Hand That Feeds

20. Head Like a Hole

Can't wait for April!! rock3

Wouldn't Starfuckers thrown in there make the perfect setlist, has he played at all this time round?...

From Metal Hammer:

The Upward Spiral

Trent Reznor has told Metal Hammer that he has finished pre-production work on the forthcoming new Nine Inch Nails album which will be mixed this month and in the shops sometime this year. The album comes just under 2 years since 2005's 'With Teeth', the follow up to 1999's epic 'The Fragile'. Once again it is co-produced by Reznor's long time collaborator Alan Moulder.

Reznor told us that the as yet untitled new album will be much more 'difficult' than 'With Teeth'.

He said, "The new record turned out incredibly noisy. It's much more noise based and kind of collage-of-sound based. It's like an old 'Bomb Squad' record [the production team behind the hip hop legends Public Enemy]. I'm not saying it sounds like that, but it's a lot of stuff chopped together. It'll give your speakers a work out. And your patience."

Trent was also disparaging of the fact that he took a long time to deliver albums.

"This record is an example of discipline," he told Hammer, speaking from a studio in Los Angeles. "Looking back at my career until the last few years I've basically been full of shit. I've been lazy. And I'd kind of convinced myself that you make a record and you fuck off for a long period of time. And I had a problem with drugs and whatnot that got in the way of getting anything done, and what I'm reaping the benefits of now is that my brain is supercharged. It's been dormant for a while and woke up five years ago.

"When I started 'With Teeth' I didn't know if I was capable of making a record or if anyone cared anymore. The process of making the record went well, the tour went well, I found out a certain amount of people still cared, and while I was on that tour there were limitless hours that were spent not sitting in a bar..... I was like, 'OK, I feel creative.' Touring is tiring, but in the concept of Nine Inch Nails, there was no need for me to go insane. I structured my day in a way that I could keep writing in hotel rooms, and by the end of the tour I had maybe 25 musical ideas that I liked, and then I got off touring and I wasn't tired but I kind of felt like I wanted to start making something. So I hid out in the woods with my notebook, and a lot of songs stuck in my head."

Reznor rented a house in the desolate woods beyond Malibu and composed the new album there, sometimes going for days without seeing another human being. He had said that there was a lot of material left over from 'With Teeth', but the new material is all brand new songs. Hammer asked if the 'With Teeth' material would ever surface.

"Maybe someday," he said, "When I'm ready to start a new project, I like to come up with a new set of rules and I find the most healthy way to do that is not to start with what's left over from last time. And I did revisit the old stuff, but I felt like the new direction and the new batch of songs made the other songs feel a little old. But they're around, and they may show up at some point if they sound good to me. But right now I didn't need to reach down and grab for that stuff."

There may be an opportunity to hear some of the new material when NIN play here in March, although Trent is concerned that bootleggers may spoil the effect of the new songs.

"I personally don't like playing new songs live because the way it's meant to be heard initially is when it's recorded, not through computer speakers on You Tube," he said. "I always think about how I felt going to concerts, and being bombarded with a new album you don't know yet... it always felt a little self-indulgent. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that. We'll probably play a few new things, but we're at the top of a fairly low-key process. There will be a tour that focuses on the new record, but that wont be this tour."

The new DVD Beside You In Time will be released on February 26. It consists of footage of their 2006 tour for 'With Teeth' presented in digital 5.1 surround sound and multi angle options. High definition formats will be available in the US and possibly Europe later in the year, depending upon the take-up of HD DVD players. Extras include bonus live tracks, 'The Collector', 'Every Day Is Exactly The Same' and 'Love Is Not Enough' [filmed at rehearsals in 2005], the videos for 'The Hand That Feeds' and 'Only' plus a complete NIN discography with snippets of tracks.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 12 2007, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tonight they played "We're In This Together" and "Ruiner."

Pretty amazing! ^_^

Fuck ya. Did you see them? All those brilliant songs in one concert, I would shit myself...Persay anyways...

No, I didn't see them. In Portugal at least. :lol:

Everyone check out yearzero.nin.com for the FULL Year Zero tracklist. :o

I'm surprised to see "The Warning," which is a title hidden on the With Teeth lyrics poster. When he said "no left-overs," I assumed that would have been included. Perhaps it was more of an idea during With Teeth than an actual song? :unsure:

"Me, I'm Not" reminds me of "No, You Don't." :huh: