Download Festtival Myspace message...About MCR

JDRM

NB: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT OR RELEASE FROM LIVE NATION. IT DOES NOT IN ANY WAY INTEND TO REFLECT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF LIVE NATION, DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AND ITS SPONSORS However, with that aside, listen up!

I've honestly had it up to fucking here...

I've been reading various comments on Download Myspace threatening to riot and cause acts of violence to other festival goers if MCR play...

As a result, from now on, I will be closely monitoring comments on this MySpace. If I see any more inciting hatred, violence or potential riotous activities, the user will be blocked and reported to both MySpace and Live Nation. I don't just mean this as an empty threat, I've worked for both and know who to send the information to.

First of all, you all go on about "saving Download." In my eyes, the only thing Download needs saved from is small minded pricks who think a band (out of 100+) playing a festival is justification to incite violence and riot. The riots last year nearly cost Download their license. Not only will the event probably be more heavily policed this year but if more riots happen, again, Download could lose its license. You want to save Download? Don't riot, don't cause trouble and don't ruin the festival for others.

Here's an idea, instead of watching MCR and trying to ruin their set WATCH SOMEONE ELSE! Or go party in the campsite. If you do stupid shit like starting fights or trying to wreck the place, people arent going to think you're a hero, they're going to think you're a prick. And they'll blame people like you if it gets out of control. I repeat, they will blame you, NOT My Chemical Romance.

Second of all, I am always hearing constant complaints from the metal community that the media portrays a negative, particularly violent, image of them. For most of the time, I agreed. But this has started to make me think. Maybe the media is right painting this kind of picture when small minded idiots in the minority mouth off about rioting and attacking other people for their choice in music and fashion. You all complain about chavs picking on you for being nasty to you for your taste in music and fashion, what makes you any different in this instance?

Think about the picture you are painting of your beloved metal community. If a person attending the festival (such as the police, or maybe just a randommer) saw a so called "metal head" beating up an emo or starting trouble, they AREN'T going to think "They're doing it because of MCR, what a just cause!", they're going to think "What a violent, nasty shit" and have a negative view of the community as a whole, because of the actions of few.

Thirdly, Live Nation are NOT going to see these protests and think "gee, I guess we better change thie lineup or we could have a riot on our hands and people could get hurt", they are going to think "Why should we bother showcasing metal acts at the festival at all if these people intend on starting trouble, maybe we should reconsider who we book based on the audience they might attract".

You want to show Live Nation that Metal sells tickets and is worthy of a major place at Download? Then go see Metal acts at the festival, pack the tents out, fill the space infront of the main stage, show your support for it and that it has a faithful and large following. Rioting, violence and petty online hate campaigns are more likely to have a negative effect on the music played at Download rather than a positive.

My appeal to the rest of you is this: If you see someone making comments about MCR/Emo/whatever, just ignore them. DON'T RISE TO IT. They will get bored and they will go away.

I hope you all take this into account. I understand I am speaking about a minority, but unfortunately it is a minority that seeks to ruin the festival experience of others.

I do not put several hours a week (most of the time several a day) into this MySpace for it to be used as a tool for hate campaigns against a band or its fans, or indeed as a tool to incite violent acts against a band or its fans.

You may think "well why do you bother doing it if you're complaining about it" I do it because I love the festival and music PR is a career I am hoping (and on course) to go into. I dont mind spending alot of time on this MySpace, hell I enjoy it, I look forward to it, and I wont have it ruined by a small minded minority.

:tongue2:

Those bastard emos...They've ruined download

I don't think that MCR should be headlining - but people are getting way too worked up over this whole thing. Disliking them, is completely different to inciting riots. Those people are evil if they want to spoil it for everyone.

That guy is entirely right. I hope they take people who want to spoil it seriously, and lock them up or bar them from going. Some people take things too far, and people who wanna riot or whatever - take it way too far.

What is the current lineup for Download? I see Manson is now playing.

i really like MCR alot and i think they make a great headlining act. If i'm being honest i prefer Iron Maiden but sometimes youv'e gotta make way for newer bands

but in any case its not my problem as i cant afford to go this year :(

Edited by Axls Rose

well i prefer maiden alot but i do believe the only reason they are headlining the sunday is the fact its the 5 year anniversary of the festival and they headlined the first download festival... regardless i shall be watching them and enjoying their set as they are 1 of my favorite bands

Are Motley Crue not supposed to be doing Download this year?

"In other news, Neil has confirmed rumors that MÖTLEY CRÜE will head back to Europe in June for some festival appearances, which will likely include a stop at the Download festival in England."

http://www.motley.com/news/index.php?mode=...amp;news_id=570

Guest Jack_the_ripper

who's myspace is that from, and I agree with him, I hate small minded pricks who try to ruin shit like this. You ain't happy with it, stay the fuck home.

who's myspace is that from, and I agree with him, I hate small minded pricks who try to ruin shit like this. You ain't happy with it, stay the fuck home.

Its from download.

And i disagree, im very annoyed about MCR being there... Download is about ROCKING THE FUCK OUT not being a bitchy arse emos crying about how they cant get cock.

Its from download.

And i disagree, im very annoyed about MCR being there... Download is about ROCKING THE FUCK OUT not being a bitchy arse emos crying about how they cant get cock.

Thats generalising a bit. Agreed, theyre a poor choice for a headliner, but there are other stages.

Its from download.

Thats generalising a bit. Agreed, theyre a poor choice for a headliner, but there are other stages.

I shouldnt have to settle for some shite second rate band on a smaller stage when theyre on! If you headline...you need to be BIG, and be able to rock.

We need to go back to how monsters of rock was run -_-

check it out

I agree with that guy, MCR are a pile of shit but so are iron maiden so i dont see what the problem is

Going to have to disagree there :drevil:

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Its from download.

I shouldnt have to settle for some shite second rate band on a smaller stage when theyre on! If you headline...you need to be BIG, and be able to rock.

Have you ever seen MCR live? NO!

Have you ever taken a real listen to the Black Parade? Probably not

Are you making an ass of yourself by generalizing a whole form of subgenre? YES!

The fact of the matter is this, just because they aren't your cup if tea, gives you in no right to say they shouldn't play the stage, and definately doesn't give you any right to beat anyone up about it. If you're so repulsed by that 1 band being there, then stay the fuck home, and be a miserable fuck home alone, because 1 band you dislike is going to be at the festival.... Like come on, since when was being a metal head being the same as acting like a spoiled diva princess.

Its from download.

Are you making an ass of yourself by generalizing a whole form of subgenre? YES!

The fact of the matter is this, just because they aren't your cup if tea, gives you in no right to say they shouldn't play the stage, and definately doesn't give you any right to beat anyone up about it. If you're so repulsed by that 1 band being there, then stay the fuck home, and be a miserable fuck home alone, because 1 band you dislike is going to be at the festival.... Like come on, since when was being a metal head being the same as acting like a spoiled diva princess.

Download fest has sold out to the emo's.

And it sucks.

End of.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Its from download.

And it sucks.

End of.

and you honestly don't see how immature that reaction is? how old are you 15?

Its from download.

And it sucks.

End of.

and you honestly don't see how immature that reaction is? how old are you 15?

And don't try to belittle me because of my age.

Does anyone know if Download Ireland is on again this year? On the website it has a countdown but it hasent been updated since the day before Metallica. I checked the day after and the countdown was on it then also.

Ya I'd like to know this aswell...