Beside you in time...

mr.b

Well what did ye think of it? I must say it did get me pumped again for the UK tour, amazing effects. The bit at the end of beside you in time where he "shatters" the screen thing, spine tingling. Overall tho, I liked and all that could have been more tho. Would anyone have an audio rip of this dvd tho, would be quite a nice soundtrack. Just as I expected, With Teeth songs sound better live. The shows looks so over the top. Another thing, any hidden stuff this time round? Beside the extras...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 24 2007, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well what did ye think of it? I must say it did get me pumped again for the UK tour, amazing effects. The bit at the end of beside you in time where he "shatters" the screen thing, spine tingling. Overall tho, I liked and all that could have been more tho. Would anyone have an audio rip of this dvd tho, would be quite a nice soundtrack. Just as I expected, With Teeth songs sound better live. The shows looks so over the top. Another thing, any hidden stuff this time round? Beside the extras...

It doesn't come out 'til Tuesday here in the states, but my pre-order's already on its way. ^_^

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 24 2007, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well what did ye think of it? I must say it did get me pumped again for the UK tour, amazing effects. The bit at the end of beside you in time where he "shatters" the screen thing, spine tingling. Overall tho, I liked and all that could have been more tho. Would anyone have an audio rip of this dvd tho, would be quite a nice soundtrack. Just as I expected, With Teeth songs sound better live. The shows looks so over the top. Another thing, any hidden stuff this time round? Beside the extras...

It doesn't come out 'til Tuesday here in the states, but my pre-order's already on its way. ^_^

My my, dvds come out first here as well? That is nice I suppose, well it's worth the wait...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 24 2007, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bit at the end of beside you in time where he "shatters" the screen thing, spine tingling. Overall tho, I liked and all that could have been more tho. Would anyone have an audio rip of this dvd tho, would be quite a nice soundtrack. Just as I expected, With Teeth songs sound better live. The shows looks so over the top.
Agree with you about everything there...BYIT is great, but it feels 'empty' sometimes. That screen shattering thing was great though!
Another thing, any hidden stuff this time round? Beside the extras...
Unfortunately not. This is one of the reasons why AATCHB was better.

well, i thought it had good and bad points. the overall set design was incredible, the shattered glass bit was amazing. songs like eraser (esp aaron's intro...soo good), the big come down, and with teeth. bad points - camera work, sound. camera work was really bad i thought. i dont wanna see shots of the audience's hands and far off shots of the stage. AATCHB was very intimate, great camera work. this lost all sense of what its like to be at a NIN show. the sound was shit, it was way to clean.

also, i love something i can never have, but i dont appreciate it live. man the big come down sounds good live, jeordies bass sounds awesome. oh and was super impressed with josh freese, esp keeping up with you know what you are!

generally ok, but technical issues like camera work and sound annoyed me. the rehearsal footage is brilliant though, makes me miss jerome though <_<

well, i thought it had good and bad points. the overall set design was incredible, the shattered glass bit was amazing. songs like eraser (esp aaron's intro...soo good), the big come down, and with teeth. bad points - camera work, sound. camera work was really bad i thought. i dont wanna see shots of the audience's hands and far off shots of the stage. AATCHB was very intimate, great camera work. this lost all sense of what its like to be at a NIN show. the sound was shit, it was way to clean.

also, i love something i can never have, but i dont appreciate it live. man the big come down sounds good live, jeordies bass sounds awesome. oh and was super impressed with josh freese, esp keeping up with you know what you are!

generally ok, but technical issues like camera work and sound annoyed me. the rehearsal footage is brilliant though, makes me miss jerome though <_<

Ya I know what you mean. The concerts were brilliant, the dvd just failed to capture te energy. AATCHB did a good job, but not quite the cigar...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Feb 27 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya I know what you mean. The concerts were brilliant, the dvd just failed to capture te energy. AATCHB did a good job, but not quite the cigar...

AATCHB is one of my favourite music dvds, maybe thats because trent was insane onstage back then, i guess his new artistic direction doesnt come across as well on dvd as his old manic performances. dont get me wrong, i worship trent, i just wish id seen him on the fragility tour.

It was fucking awesome! If you watch the summer tour videos, look for parts where Trent's wearing a red "SAFE IN HEAVEN DEAD" shirt and Aaron's wearing a white button-up shirt, 'cause that was taken from the concert I went to! ^_^

Right Where It Belongs was the best song. I'd say in whole it's about equal with AATCHB.

It would have been better had Robin been in it. :P

Did anybody get it yet?? I was chasing it last night. NFM did not have any, Best Buy sold out. Target didn't have it. I ended up buying it from Borders for 15.99 when it was on sell at Best Buy for 11.99. But I think it's the best live dvd since Chili Peppers @ Slane Castle.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

It would have been better had Robin been in it. :P

obviously :P

i cant stop watching the big come down and the line begins to blur...awesome!!

cant believe im seeing them next weekend...! if they dont do either last or we're in this together now i'll be sad :(