Another Pro Cinderella Rant

zakk

I just recently bought Once Upon A.... by Cinderella. What a great band. Of all the "hair bands" they are the best. Their bluesy rock is really good. I like them a lot better than the Crue. They lack respect.

I agree with both of you, Cinderella is very underrated. I don't think it's fair to just lump them in with the rest of the hair bands of the '80s like a lot of people do. They have a great bluesy rock feel that they don't get credit for in a lot of cases.

Yay I love threads like this! Hair metal in general should have more respect around here imo.

I was wearing a Cinderella t-shirt when I went to an appointment yesterday and I ended up talking about hair metal bands for 20 minutes....with my DENTIST. How queer is that?

and Tom Keifer....

:wub:

I like them a lot better than the Crue. They lack respect.

It always puzzles me how anyone could not see them as better than the Crue. I don't know; to me, they just always seemed to have a far more unique sound with this somewhat 'bluesy' feel to it, combined with a much more attractive raspy lead vocal.

I dislike most hair-metal bands but I really like Cinderella since I don't consider them as hair metal (excpet their debut Night Songs which I don't like). The rest of the albums are really good and they've got a lot of great songs and a great sound. They don't sound like a crap hair metal band like Poison or Warrant, except on Night Songs.

Well, I bought a Greatest Hits album from them that I haven't listened to yet. I'm looking forward to it. A lot of hair metal is crap, but the genre also had it's share of great songs and it's a sound that I really love. From most bands in the genre I tend to only like one or two songs, with most other songs being generic and devoid of soul though otherwise competent...hopefully with Cinderella it'll be a bit better than that.

Not to hijack this thread, but I also bought some stuff from Tesla recently, another band that I've heard have written some great tunes that do not deserve to be lumped in with the term "hair metal".

Went on a bit of a buying spree lately and now I've got a bunch of albums I need to listen to. Should be fun.

Edited by KBear

Well, I bought a Greatest Hits album from them that I haven't listened to yet. I'm looking forward to it. A lot of hair metal is crap, but the genre also had it's share of great songs and it's a sound that I really love. From most bands in the genre I tend to only like one or two songs, with most other songs being generic and devoid of soul though otherwise competent...hopefully with Cinderella it'll be a bit better than that.

Not to hijack this thread, but I also bought some stuff from Tesla recently, another band that I've heard have written some great tunes that do not deserve to be lumped in with the term "hair metal".

Went on a bit of a buying spree lately and now I've got a bunch of albums I need to listen to. Should be fun.

Tesla really is in no way hair metal. Totally different.

Keifer is a tremendous vocalist. Not to drag on the megahit power ballad, but Don't Know What You Got is just phenominal. The voice, the sound.......wow. I'm also a fan of the Bad Seemstress Blues (Fallin Apart at the Seams) and Gypsy Road. They're hair-metal with a true blues edge. I dig.

Cinderella were great, so were Tesla. i love the Crue too. they didn't really sound hair-metalish until Girls, Girls, Girls. Motley's first 3 albums were pretty bad-ass.

Guest knerken

I wouldn't call Cinderella hair-metal, they have just got a hair-metal image and a couple of cheesy power-ballads. Their other music is way too blues- and 70s hard rock-influenced to be called hair-metal. Great band!

I was into all of the hair metal stuff back in the day - But , it seems the only ones I can take seriously when trying to listen to now is actually Cinderella -

They were good man. Coming home, Shelter Me, - pretty good stuff.

Scorpions were solid too - not sure if they would qualify though

I completley agree... Tesla's somethin different.

My favorite is Little Suzi..

and What You Give, Song&Emotion, Modern-day Cowboy,...all those are really great songs that deserve more credit imo.

If anyone needs a pick-me-up tune, go listen to "Gettin' Better"....but you gotta wait for it to kick in...ahh its good.

KBear now you've really got me started on Tesla :lol:

2005 and 2006 I was REALLY into this band, now I can listen to them, but it takes alot of effort for me to put them on of my own accord.

Still Climbing was their greatest, and the only CD of theirs I'd be willing to put on with no effort at all.

But despite saying all that.

ARE YOU READY TO GET THIS PLACE SHAKIN TONIGHT?!

SHAKE ME!!!

Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone) - Cinderella - is awesome.

you should listen to the acoustic version!....its even better than the original (imo)

Hey , sounds great , what CD is that on?

Does anyone know of any good fansites (just names , urls not necessary)

I have been looking for their live version of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" , it was on the B-side of the "Gypsy Road" cassette single.

"Somebody Save Me!