What do you need to be a fan?

FunkyMonk

Oh come on this thread has gone on to a whole new horrid dimention, its quite obvious what Chryssa was meaning and saying, i myself would say something like that, but to start talking about rape and child abuse well firstly it doesn't belong here its better suited on a Gary Glitter site because i think its probably quite safe to say Axl is no peado or rapist, and secondly that kind of thing wasn't even entering her head when she said "no matter what "(probably because most normal peopole don't even think about things like that) so come on give her a break and stop the sick thoughts.

no ones calling axl a paedo, its called hypothesis, look it up. fact is, when u say shit, u should use ur brain a little first, especially when ur responding to a questions thats asking you to list a set of qualities. it works as an offhand expression in general conversation, not in response to a question. either that or im a knit picking asshole with too much time on his hands. that said, im only fuckin with ya ;) dont take it seerrious..

Yes but you know what you do like to have a go at people for no reason, its like you always want to start an argument on line

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on this thread has gone on to a whole new horrid dimention, its quite obvious what Chryssa was meaning and saying, i myself would say something like that, but to start talking about rape and child abuse well firstly it doesn't belong here its better suited on a Gary Glitter site because i think its probably quite safe to say Axl is no peado or rapist, and secondly that kind of thing wasn't even entering her head when she said "no matter what "(probably because most normal peopole don't even think about things like that) so come on give her a break and stop the sick thoughts.

no ones calling axl a paedo, its called hypothesis, look it up. fact is, when u say shit, u should use ur brain a little first, especially when ur responding to a questions thats asking you to list a set of qualities. it works as an offhand expression in general conversation, not in response to a question. either that or im a knit picking asshole with too much time on his hands. that said, im only fuckin with ya ;) dont take it seerrious..

Yes but you know what you do like to have a go at people for no reason, its like you always want to start an argument on line

ur right, we should all agree and pat ourselves on the back and spread the love, that'd make for great discussions right, everybody just eating each other out. ur right, ur right!!! *sighs* i've wasted my life disagreeing with people, what have i become?!?! :(

Chryssa you don't need to apologise for anything, its the sick idiots that lowered the tone of your original post that should be saying sorry.

yes, ur right, im REALLY sorry. it was the others, it wasnt me, it was the gangsta rap and the peach schnapps.

EDIT: see? Chris gets it, grow a funny bone!!

Actually Chris was just trying to be cheerful coz thats the way he is, but don't use that as your excuse i knoiw you were't trying to be funny you were trying to annoy and upset people.

Chryssa you don't need to apologise for anything, its the sick idiots that lowered the tone of your original post that should be saying sorry.

yes, ur right, im REALLY sorry. it was the others, it wasnt me, it was the gangsta rap and the peach schnapps.

Actually Chris was just trying to be cheerful coz thats the way he is, but don't use that as your excuse i knoiw you were't trying to be funny you were trying to annoy and upset people.

yes momma, im sorry momma :(

Lucky for you i'm not your momma cuz if i was i'd slap you and send you to you room. END OF CONVERSATION>

Lucky for you i'm not your momma cuz if i was i'd slap you and send you to you room. END OF CONVERSATION>

:rofl-lol: i see i've driven you to child abuse, good thing you're not Axl Rose huh? ;)

first be passionate with the music , then knowing everything about the band including their personal lives , having all the albums-dvds , defending them always no matter what , be there for them in good & in bad times & be at least in one concert of them... :heart:

You're stupid.

& u are a very polite person!!!thanks u for ur nice words..

defending them no matter what? whether they molest children or finance death squad or rape grandmothers B) :rolleyes:

Rape grandmothers?! :D Quotage!

Every now and then you run into a news-story that says "Some guy broke into a house, stole a lot of things... and while he was in there, he raped an 81 year old woman." And I'm thinking to myself -- *shriek* "WHY?!"

*Dies* :lol:

first be passionate with the music , then knowing everything about the band including their personal lives , having all the albums-dvds , defending them always no matter what , be there for them in good & in bad times & be at least in one concert of them... :heart:

You're stupid.

& u are a very polite person!!!thanks u for ur nice words..

defending them no matter what? whether they molest children or finance death squad or rape grandmothers B) :rolleyes:

Rape grandmothers?! :D Quotage!

Every now and then you run into a news-story that says "Some guy broke into a house, stole a lot of things... and while he was in there, he raped an 81 year old woman." And I'm thinking to myself -- *shriek* "WHY?!"

*Dies* :lol:

:lol: i was actually thinkin of that Carlin shit when i made the post, thats fuckin spooky..

Edited by frankwhite

What do you guys think that someone requires to be a 'fan'? To rightfully be able to y that you really 'love' a band?

Most of the time I hate when people say that they really love a band and are a big fan...when in reality they only have a Greatest Hits album. I'm pretty against Greatest Hits albums, so I always dissmiss people as not being a real fan when that's all they've got.

I think at the bare minimum you should have 1 real album to say that you are a fan. Sometimes it's not realistic to have a bands whole discography and live up to crazy hardcore fans expectations...but you need to have a true album for christ sake. Probably 2 albums to be able to say that you love the band.

This might not have made sense but whatever....your thoughts?

Well, there's different degrees of being a fan.. you can not have any albums at all, and still be a fan... but to say you "love" a band, then yes... you should probably own some merchandise.. t-shirt, CD, DVD, poster's... something.. and if youd ont have an album, then you have to compensate thru other merchandise, like not one poster, but say two? A t-shirt from a concert you seen, or atleast three from wherever else you get your's from... I thin you have to actually contribute to the band in someother way than just listening.. buy the shit, get the ticket's, see the show, tell your friends and even stranger's... but no, a greatest hit's album doesnt count.. I hate ELton John, but he even has a few good songs...

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
To love the music. That's all you need to make you a fan of any band, regardless of how much trivia you know or how many albums you own. :)

I sort of agree with this, but I think one album is pretty necessary. Just one, burned or downloaded or whatever. If you can't go through the effort of obtaining an album, you don't quite love the band do you?