VIDEOGAME Thread...

hey guys, i've been looking at some sites and there's some 360 mod chips that you don't need to solder in, they connect to the top by the hard drive and apparently when there is a firmware update you can just take the chip off and not be traced/ do these work? or have microsoft found a way to stop it

hey guys, i've been looking at some sites and there's some 360 mod chips that you don't need to solder in, they connect to the top by the hard drive and apparently when there is a firmware update you can just take the chip off and not be traced/ do these work? or have microsoft found a way to stop it

Well I've never heard of ones that you connect to the top of the 360 :huh:. But I've got just the firmware mod thing that lets me play burnt games, although there's always the risk of Microsoft banning you from Live when there's an update, so I'm shit scared of that.

Other than that though, it's awesome.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33585.html?type=

This was shown off at Sony's event yesterday.

The game concentrates on movement, and aims to expand and reinvent the sense of movement which is currently lacking from first-person games (in the words of senior producer Owen O'Brien, "to place you in the world and convey the strain and physical contact with the environment"). Although the player character can hold weapons, O'Brien stresses, "Principally, this is an action adventure. We're not positioning this as a shooter - the focus isn't on the gun, it's on the person."

The story revolves around a runner named Faith and her struggle to free her sister from a corrupt government. She is a young woman appearing to be of Chinese descent. Her parents were killed and she was forced to grow up on the street, later becoming a runner. Faith was taught not to rely on modern forms of communication, partially because the ruthless police state prefers eavesdropping every chance they get. So electronic communication is out. As Faith attempts to rescue her sister, while running messages for the criminal underworld, she gets caught up in a series of events which lead to her being pursued by the totalitarian government. Acting as Faith's guide is a mysterious character named Mercury, who will help Faith in her attempt to outwit and overcome many government agents that are out to eliminate her.

It looks kinda promising. I like the concept of focusing more on the physical side of movement in a game like this.

Obviously that trailer isn't much to go on but I'll be keeping my eye on this.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Guest Jack_the_ripper

that has honestly been my biggest complaint about FPS games. This will definitely be something to follow.

After downloading the new Nintendo Channel, I have exactly one block left for storage.

And, here I was looking forward to Wii Ware. I already had to move practically all of my save data, and delete a few VC titles to have room for this. :\

I sure hope they release an update that will allow access to the SD slot as primary storage, as I don't really want to move/delete anything else.

Ho Hum.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

The storage issue has been a problem forever. I maxed out months ago with VC titles, and I refuse to delete/move my games. My friends try to make the point that your not playing them all at once, so interchange them, however, I'm lazy and want them all accessible to me at all times.

Which new channel are you talking about btw?

The one Japan got a while ago.

It was called "Everybody's Nintendo Channel" over there, but is simply called "Nintendo Channel" in NA.

Got the message that it was downloadable through the shop channel this morning.

The DS Download thing is really cool, though they don't have a great list of titles to play yet. Only about 8 ones put up so far.

It was unexpected, as I wasn't thinking we were gonna get this for a little bit still.

A nice surprise.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

well, wiiware is due out in 5 days, so I suppose they have to find a way to psych people up for it. Out of curiosity, how many blocks was it? I'm not sure if it's worth for me to download or not all depending on the size of the channel.

As far as I know, there are no working mod chips that allow users to play burnt games. I think those things only allow you to customize your homescreen. The best thing to do is flash the firmware on your optical drive. It's free, fairly easy, and has little risk of damaging your 360 (if you follow the instructions).

well, wiiware is due out in 5 days, so I suppose they have to find a way to psych people up for it. Out of curiosity, how many blocks was it? I'm not sure if it's worth for me to download or not all depending on the size of the channel.

From looking at the data, the initial download is 122 blocks, then you need an additional 126 blocks to actually get it started up.

I was thinking, "Shit, yah; I've got enough space", then saw the reality of it.

--

Mario Kart is pretty good. I don't know what to think about the items, though.

They all seem a bit unfair at times. Though, if you can pull away, you're alright.

Kind of disapointed that you're pretty much required to use Funky/Flamer Runner for time trails.

I'm like, 2 seconds off of being top10 for regionals at Koopa Cape. Gotta keep working on that one.

I also have a 2star rating. Don't think I'll ever try for 3, unless I'm really bored.

And, since I haven't messed with TT's much, those are where my last unlockables are. I only need to get the sprinter, and Mii Outfit B.

I've been using Baby Peach, and the Magikruiser, and have had great luck with the combo.

I currently have about 8,300VR.

My wavebird finally crapped out on me; But, I think it was hurting my game.

I actually do better with a wired controller. Imagine that.

As far as I know, there are no working mod chips that allow users to play burnt games. I think those things only allow you to customize your homescreen. The best thing to do is flash the firmware on your optical drive. It's free, fairly easy, and has little risk of damaging your 360 (if you follow the instructions).

free? cool i'll look into it, thanks. i'm trying to decided whether it's worth giving up xbox live for. i rarely use it anyway because i'm too cheap to pay for it

Guest Jack_the_ripper

From looking at the data, the initial download is 122 blocks, then you need an additional 126 blocks to actually get it started up.

I was thinking, "Shit, yah; I've got enough space", then saw the reality of it.

--

Mario Kart is pretty good. I don't know what to think about the items, though.

They all seem a bit unfair at times. Though, if you can pull away, you're alright.

Kind of disapointed that you're pretty much required to use Funky/Flamer Runner for time trails.

I'm like, 2 seconds off of being top10 for regionals at Koopa Cape. Gotta keep working on that one.

I also have a 2star rating. Don't think I'll ever try for 3, unless I'm really bored.

And, since I haven't messed with TT's much, those are where my last unlockables are. I only need to get the sprinter, and Mii Outfit B.

I've been using Baby Peach, and the Magikruiser, and have had great luck with the combo.

I currently have about 8,300VR.

My wavebird finally crapped out on me; But, I think it was hurting my game.

I actually do better with a wired controller. Imagine that.

The wavebird actually has a delay in it's controls. It's really not that noticeable, but it's there.

I'm not going to download the channel then, since I have less than 100 blocks (I think 49 blocks left)

The wavebird actually has a delay in it's controls. It's really not that noticeable, but it's there.

I'm not going to download the channel then, since I have less than 100 blocks (I think 49 blocks left)

Yah, I could tell the delay; Because I would always hit the wall at this turn at N64 Bowser's Castle, and now I never hit it.

It's just stalling every minute or so. Like, my drift will stop half way, or my item will shoot off. Not good, if you want to keep a good spot.

Too bad, though. It was one of the nice sought after platinum wavebirds.

And, I'm just gonna have to try and cut some even tighter corners to fit any Wii Ware titles that interest me.

Should be interesting. :lol:

Guest Jack_the_ripper

have you seen the japanese wii white gamecube controller? personally I prefer the platinum over it.

My roommate and I have become addicted to Brawl again. I've ditched Ganon as my main and now use Luigi. Anyone else still play Brawl? I wanna fight some foo's. :krider:

whats drugs you taking man they ALLOW you to play copied games

From what I understand the xbox360 needs flashing so after the flashing the chip is removed.

On the wii they leave the chip in the machine. Both the wii and xbox360 can play copied games

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Nah, he was saying that there is no actual chip involved in modding a 360.

Nah, he was saying that there is no actual chip involved in modding a 360.

I didnt read his whole post the dude was right

the xbox360 just needs flashing to play copied games

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

With all the hype around GTA it looks like the new Mario Kart was kind of forgotten, but it's a really fun game and if anyone wants to add me to play online my friend code is 4983-5346-5231. We could have one big mygnr race.