VIDEOGAME Thread...

Firstly, The PS2 was the most underpowered graphically of all the last gen consoles, and the Gamecube's Graphics capabilities were extremely similar to that of the Xbox.

Shame the Gamecube looked graphically shit.

:confused:

Mario Sunshine, Resi 4, Wind Waker etc instantly make that statement ridiculous.

Metroid Prime. Gimme one PS2 game that looked better than Prime. That game looked, played and felt glorious.

lord, i was seconds away from posting that.

it is easily on of the best games of the ps2/xbox/gamecube age.

that, and its sequel.

I loved the prime games up until Hunters... then they tried it with that new dual analogue system i've never been able to get used to and i lost interest because I couldn't aim.

I fucking hate double analogue.

Anyways, sorry Sandy, we don't disagree on much but the GameCube had brilliant graphics even on its early games like Luigi's mansion.

Firstly, The PS2 was the most underpowered graphically of all the last gen consoles, and the Gamecube's Graphics capabilities were extremely similar to that of the Xbox.

Mario Sunshine, Resi 4, Wind Waker etc instantly make that statement ridiculous.

Metroid Prime. Gimme one PS2 game that looked better than Prime. That game looked, played and felt glorious.

that, and its sequel.

I loved the prime games up until Hunters... then they tried it with that new dual analogue system i've never been able to get used to and i lost interest because I couldn't aim.

Anyways, sorry Sandy, we don't disagree on much but the GameCube had brilliant graphics even on its early games like Luigi's mansion.

not to forget it had the most comfortable joypad on any system ever.

i loved that controller.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

that, and its sequel.

i loved that controller.

I really have to agree, that controller fit in your hands quite perfectly, adn the button postioning was perfect as well.

I've always been blown away by comments like "Gamecube's visuals were the worst last gen." Did I miss something? When it came to multi-platform ports, the PS2 version was always the most graphically lacking.

And I honestly can't think of one PS2 title that matched up to stuff like Rogue Leader, Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, The Wind Waker or the RE Remake in terms of graphical horsepower. In terms of art design, the PS2 did indeed have its stunners (Okami, Odin Sphere, FFX), but in terms of raw graphical prowess, the Gamecube rocked Sony's machine.

that, and its sequel.

i loved that controller.

I really have to agree, that controller fit in your hands quite perfectly, adn the button postioning was perfect as well.

I could never get as used to it as I could with the PS2 controller. I felt it had too many buttons, and I couldn't concentrate. Especially, since I didn't own one. Do you guys have biggish hands or longish fingers? That might be why, as my hands are probably considered like, average, maybe slightly smaller than that - and I never liked 'em.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

well I've been told before I have big hands, although I don't personally see it.

The irony in your statement though is that the ps2 had more buttons then the gamecube controller.

By one, and it depends whether you count the multi-directional analog ones, they always confused the hell out of me.

The trouble is, it is the reach, I always felt I was bending my thumbs back to reach it, like my hands were resting on the controller, not around it.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
By one, and it depends whether you count the multi-directional analog ones, they always confused the hell out of me.

The trouble is, it is the reach, I always felt I was bending my thumbs back to reach it, like my hands were resting on the controller, not around it.

The positioning of that joystick is in the same place as the ps2's... I still don't understand your complaint? and more so, the ps2 joysticks are buttons as well, and let's not forget the select and analog buttons. It has 5 more buttons than the gamecubes.

The positioning of that joystick is in the same place as the ps2's... I still don't understand your complaint? and more so, the ps2 joysticks are buttons as well, and let's not forget the select and analog buttons. It has 5 more buttons than the gamecubes.

yeah sandman <_<

They're slightly different, spread more, and smaller, I find it awkward to hold. You don't. That's cool.

Edited by The Sandman

Guest Jack_the_ripper

well to be fair, it's very much like the gamecube controller in many aspects. I enjoyed the original xbox triggers though (not the big fuck controller, the small 1.)

IMO the 360 controller is probably the best made, just fits perfectly. :wub:

the only thing i like about the 360 controler is the triggers. i much prefer the ps2 controler. the ps3 one would be my favourite but they failed with their triggers, it's a very light and comfortable controler otherwise. i just wished they kept L2 and R2 :(

the only thing i like about the 360 controler is the triggers. i much prefer the ps2 controler. the ps3 one would be my favourite but they failed with their triggers, it's a very light and comfortable controler otherwise. i just wished they kept L2 and R2 :(

i dont like how light the ps3 controller is.

i like a bit of weight like the 360 :)

Obviously like Jack's girlfriend...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

alright, I've had about enough of this bullshit. You, and your possee of cock suckers are going to back the fuck off. It's that simple, your little crew go out of their way to try and bash me personally. I'm done with this bullshit, you've harrassed me to fuck, and I'm done with it.

It's that simple, you're going to back off, or I will make sure action will be taken against all of you.

Borat-VeryNice.jpg

Highly unnecessary Sandy.

But funny nonetheless.

But funny nonetheless.

No it's not actually.

You are attacking a girl that is not even a member of this forum.

Like HV said, completly unnecessary and I personnaly hope you guys will stop your childish insults.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Boomblox just keeps blowing my mind, you can sit down with literally anyone, and have a good time.