VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Lots of people find it boring but I find it fascinating. The story of MGS2 was just ridiculously amazing. I loved the philosophical and post-modern themes so much. Kojima totally fucked with everybody and by the end you felt just as Raiden did. Masterful.

I've heard endless people say how shit MGS2 was, and how Raiden was a whiney bitch whining about his feeling all the time.

Lots of people find it boring but I find it fascinating. The story of MGS2 was just ridiculously amazing. I loved the philosophical and post-modern themes so much. Kojima totally fucked with everybody and by the end you felt just as Raiden did. Masterful.

I've heard endless people say how shit MGS2 was, and how Raiden was a whiney bitch whining about his feeling all the time.

Does that mean you out of interest?

I enjoyed the story, but you have to follow it properly if you really want to understand it. Although, to be fair, you could still skip bits out and it'd make a weird sort of sense...

I did really enjoy it though.

And those people are idiots who were just mad they weren't playing as Snake and couldn't appreciate the character of Raiden and the developement he went through. They probably don't even understand the concept of the character.

Although the codec conversations with Rose were painful.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

When he told me to turn the console off I actually considered it. I fucking love that.

Looking back that's ridiculous but when you think about the Mantis battle from MGS1 where you had to switch controller ports etc it's very plausible that Kojima would actually come up with something like rebooting the console 'fixing' the codec.

I played it for the first time when I was 12, though, and I didn't understand the last hour or so. It went over my head completely. I'm so glad I went back and gave it another chance because I went from hating it to loving it.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I enjoyed the story, but you have to follow it properly if you really want to understand it. Although, to be fair, you could still skip bits out and it'd make a weird sort of sense...

no not me at all. I've never played MGS outside of the first.

I'm just saying what I heard, how alot of people hated Raiden.

no not me at all. I've never played MGS outside of the first.

I'm just saying what I heard, how alot of people hated Raiden.

Yeah Raiden is a bitch.

Big Boss > Solid Snake > Raiden

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I'm really interested in Alone In The Dark, and I hope it's going to be good. They are trying some really cool things with the game, like "previously on" when you load your game from a save file and "next on" when you decide to turn the game off. I've never heard of these features before.

You can also skip missions like a movie if you find them too hard.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

well, I'm assuming that's adapted for newer gamers who might have trouble.

can anyone confirm to me if this is really the

trailer. Or is that 360 ingame? I'm a little confused, I can usually tell. The character looks to be wii calibre, but the environments look to be next-gen.

MGS 2 was fucking awesome I enjoy it way more than the third as well. Not too sure if I prefer it to MGS 1 though. And then I loved how in MGS3, Kojima basically did a massive "Fuck You" to all the haters by practically forcing you to play as Raiden by donning a mask that looked suspiciously like his when trying to disguise yourself.

i hated Raiden, i much prefered playing as Big boss (and MGS3 in general). i just hated being in the middle of shooting some bad guys and having rose call you about your first date or something. great story though.

Alone in the Dark will be brilliant, it has to be. i'm not expecting much from the story but gameplay seems great

3 and 2 are both better than the first, I think. I've only played Twin Snakes which I know a lot of purists complain about but I can't bring myself to play the original PS version. I mean, it's just so fucking ugly for starters and it has no first-person perspective. That just seems backwards.

Eww no way.

1 slighty > 3, better than 2. The first one was revolutionary and IMO the best game of all time. The story in the 2nd is the weakest IMO.

2 has the best story by far. 3 has the best gameplay.

1... just set everything up. It's a great game but it's been topped.

No way. 2's story is so sloppy and not very well done. I take it 2 is the first you played, which explains your thoughts on it.

No it doesn't. Don't assume you know why I hold the opinion I do. You just have to read back through the last page or so to see why I think it's so good; it's anything but 'sloppy.' It's the deepest thing Kojima has ever done and as hyped as I am for MGS4 I'm not sure if he'll be able to top it. He has to finish off the story now, when he was making 2 he was in the position to just go nuts with all these amazing concepts in his head.

If you think it's sloppy you simply didn't understand it fully or can't appreciate good narrative. It all comes together perfectly.

No it doesn't. Don't assume you know why I hold the opinion I do. You just have to read back through the last page or so to see why I think it's so good; it's anything but 'sloppy.' It's the deepest thing Kojima has ever done and as hyped as I am for MGS4 I'm not sure if he'll be able to top it. He has to finish off the story now, when he was making 2 he was in the position to just go nuts with all these amazing concepts in his head.

If you think it's sloppy you simply didn't understand it fully or can't appreciate good narrative. It all comes together perfectly.

Oh shut up. Don't assume I don't understand it either, I've been playing the MGS series years before you knew it existed kid. And don't go stating like your opinion is fact either kid, it's your opinion and that's it, just like this is mine.

Justify why it's sloppy then.

I don't see why 'I played it first!' matters, either. But hey, if you wanna go the cliched 'dumb kid' route then go for it.

Edit: :lol: You're 20. Oh so old and wise.

He went that route because you said

:tongue2:

:heart: you both equally, boys.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Firstly, I wouldn't go to Hideo Kojima with a great story, simply because he thinks putting apes from ape escape in twin snakes was a good idea. I think he's perhaps the most over-rated figure of the gaming industry as well (Don't you dare throw Miyamoto at me, you wouldn't have home consoles without him.) I dislike all his characters, because they are all extreme cliche and just corny. I tried to get through twin snakes, and fuck, that was awful. Then I was told over and over to go over to the PS1 version, it was slightly better, but still sucked. I played the first couple of hours of 2, and that sucked as well. I didn't even attempt to try the third.

For the record Nighttrain, you lost any decent amount of respect since you refuse to go back to play a game because of "shitty graphics" If the gameplay mechanic is there, it shouldn't matter. I still play NES games all the time.