VIDEOGAME Thread...

Finsihed Assassin's Creed. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or was the ending a bit lame but sort of left it open for Assassin's Creed: New York City. That's sort of what I expected to happen at the end, for you to have been hopping around NYC killing civilains and taking out terrorist suspects. Then you have to go on the run in Assassin's Creed 2 in modern day setting.

Stranglehold - finally started playing it - first few levels kinda sucky but then there was 3 or 4 levels in a row which were really good. If you are tired of hiding behind boxes and just kicking some ass with more bullets on screen than Kane & Lynch this is a great game. The most destructible environments I've ever seen, I started to see the John Woo influence later on and as I got better started to action movie worthy kills. I can see myself playing this game more than once. Stranglehold 2 - The Bullet Opera.

AC was almost two games in one. All the jumping about and learning how to stealth kill and then it went into a more combat oriented part of the game. I sort of wanted to carry on playing and for the assinations to get harder and more stealth oriented.

Stranglehold is insane. It's so arcadey - I dubbed it Gears of Action - cos its using the same engine as Gears of War but its so fast and just about everything either dies or explodes. But its the art direction that I really enjoyed in it, so much detail and little bits where you just think that's so beautiful then you blast it to hell. It gets very exciting in later levels and its not very frustrating so its relaxing just causing all this mayhem. It's not exactly ground breaking but its definitely fun and if you like John woo movies at all...

After Assassin's it was fun just to blow shit up. No hiding or anything just run in guns blazing, you almost always survive and kill about 30 bad guys then blow up the building!

I hope there's a motorcycle ride or something towards the end.

The MGS4 reviews are getting me excited. Apparently it's just 'more of the same' which won't convert most people but that's all I wanted, basically. EDGE confirmed there are actually two 90 minute cutscenes in the game, as well. I can't wait to see those bad boys.

The only shitty thing is the installs before EACH chapter. Why?! Just have one big one before the game starts and have that be it. Much nicer than having the flow of the game broken up like that.

looks like the wii will have some more competition. it's also expected that microsoft will be announcing one at E3

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=142406

if this is true, Nintendo will need some more advantages, despite what somebody here :rolleyes: will start saying, the 360 or ps3 with the wii's innovative properties will surely be huge

Guest Jack_the_ripper
looks like the wii will have some more competition. it's also expected that microsoft will be announcing one at E3

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=142406

if this is true, Nintendo will need some more advantages, despite what somebody here :rolleyes: will start saying, the 360 or ps3 with the wii's innovative properties will surely be huge

Please, your little shot at me was rather cute, I like you 2.

And it's quite obvious that anybody with a half brain would see what a disgrace it actually is if it is to pass. It's just absolutely digusting, and an admittance of failure on sony's behalf. I doubt this would happen.

Plus, there would probably be law suits involved, Nintendo holds the patent to the technology.

hardly a shot ;)

that picture isn't real either BTW, it says at the end of the article. i don't see how it would fail at all. and obviously if Sny and micrsoft have the thing virtually made, they have a new patent or found a loop hole. 2 companys that big wouldn't make the thing if they didn't have away around Nintendos patent

I think that Sony and MS copying the motion control ideas is shit for a few reasons:

1) Third-party on Wii are STILL struggling. Yes, there's some great examples of how to do it right out there, but generally it's only Nintendo who are putting out the games that put the technology to best use.

2) PS3 and 360 still have that 'hardcore' image to the general public. Wii will still look much more accessible to them.

3) Likewise, I think most of the public are smart enough to realise that either of those two coming to the party this late is just a desperate attempt to cash-in on some of the market. I think it would take away from the 'Wii is not our competition' argument they've always put forward.

4) They probably wouldn't do it as good. Sixaxis sucked.

Leave that stuff to Nintendo and focus more on the community/HD/online side of gaming. They're better off that way, I think.

Sony and microsoft can also make first party games. obviously they'll advertise the new controller to their liking (well microsoft will, Sony adverts sucked recently)

also the wii remote and sixaxis are very different, hence the need for sony to make a motion remote. and i'm sure sony and microsoft have learned from Sonys mistakes.

Well obviously they can make first party games but if it's just going to be used for 2/3 really good games per year then what's the point?

Sony don't need to make a motion remote. The Sixaxis was a shitty last minute attempt at looking innovative with the Wii grabbing all the spotlight. They failed in doing so and should just give up trying to follow Nintendo.

so nintendo can make lots of first party games but microsoft and sony can only make 2 or 3?

also if microsoft make a motion sensetive control like the wii, which is expected to be announced at E3, then Sony will have to also. it's business, if your competitors do something you usually have to go one better or equal them, and this has become a very big business

Guest Jack_the_ripper
so nintendo can make lots of first party games but microsoft and sony can only make 2 or 3?

also if microsoft make a motion sensetive control like the wii, which is expected to be announced at E3, then Sony will have to also. it's business, if your competitors do something you usually have to go one better or equal them, and this has become a very big business

Sony does only have a couple of big games though, and microsoft has 1.

Sony does only have a couple of big games though, and microsoft has 1.

but do you honestly think they'd spend so much one making the device and not make games for it?

keep in mind i won't be buying this peripheral either way

Well obviously they can make first party games but if it's just going to be used for 2/3 really good games per year then what's the point?

Sony don't need to make a motion remote. The Sixaxis was a shitty last minute attempt at looking innovative with the Wii grabbing all the spotlight. They failed in doing so and should just give up trying to follow Nintendo.

Depends, it is a market they can dip into, and - means people won't have to buy a Wii.

Call it plagarism, call it stealing - call it anything but innovative - but they're going to try and muscle in with a new take on it.

I think it is good for business, although - could be the start of selling a lot more PS3s - if it can do all the Wii can do plus conventional gaming... it is win-win.

I'll still be buying a 360 in the summer though.

On Wii sometimes it feels like a gimmick. This is a console that was built around the whole idea. If it's suddenly brought into play by MS or Sony that feeling will be multiplied by 10.

I understand why they want to do it, of course, Nintendo are making more money than God at the moment, but I honestly think bringing out a shitty copycat would actually hurt them in the long run. Distancing themselves from the Wii and marketing it as a 'proper' and 'hardcore' gaming device which is also a 'multimedia center' is the best thing they can do.

I don't think Sony will make another atempt on a motion controll. They have sixaxis wich is just a clever way of saying the controller suxasses! But in the end it's not a bad controller, the function is fun in flying games etc. But mostly it's just a gimmic. Same with nintendo. They need all the cred they can for what they have done. They have made a consoll that sells mostly on one thing. And it's not great games, great content, great value. It's all about first impression. You go to a friends house, where he got a wii, you start to play and think. By god, this is really fun. Then you go out and buy one of the white little buggers. buy a extra controller and a nun-chuck to the price of your soul. Just so you can play with your girlfriend. You and your friends have a hell of a good week. You play Wii sports and a few of the party titles the consoll is built around. But then you get bored of doing the same thing over and over. You don't find the controllers that good when your really into a playing session. Then it just stands there, collecting dust, turning it from white to grey.

So the biggest problem for wii is not hardware sales. they got that shit down becouse of the Wii effect (first impression). But they are falling behind on the software side. ofcourse Mario sells well, and Zelda isn't far behind. But all the titels out there, few of them are on the top chart compared to 360 and PS3 games. Unless you look at japan, but it's a different market there.

Microsoft will probably make some motion controle thing. But I think sony will stick to Eyetoy and sixaxis for now. Hopefully that won't change.

I would like the next gen gaming going into 3D, rendering pictures multible times and 3d glasses, that would be fun :)

I just can't belive why not anyone hasn't done it allready (Nadao has done it with "Trackmania united forever")

if you buy a wii it's generally for the "gimick" ;) most of their sales are for the motion sensing control.

Bromle i've heard some rumours about 3D being introduced in some new franchises but i doubt we'll see anything until 2009.

has the eye toy been released as a seperate piece of hardware in the EU yet? i really don't want to buy eye of judgement

still waiting on dualshock to come too, it's a must have for MGS4 seeing as people are saying that the main reason Sony finally went through with dualshock was because hideo kojima was asking for it

Guest Jack_the_ripper
if you buy a wii it's generally for the "gimick" ;) most of their sales are for the motion sensing control.

Bromle i've heard some rumours about 3D being introduced in some new franchises but i doubt we'll see anything until 2009.

has the eye toy been released as a seperate piece of hardware in the EU yet? i really don't want to buy eye of judgement

still waiting on dualshock to come too, it's a must have for MGS4 seeing as people are saying that the main reason Sony finally went through with dualshock was because hideo kojima was asking for it

As per usual with your posts in this thread, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Most of the wii's sales are because the aim of the system. The wii could have just as many owner with a normal controller (like a NES controller for example) a majority of the sales come from the marketing and software the system is owning.

Oh, and about the 2 90 minute cut scenes in MGS4. It's really simple, I don't think that no matter what, or no matter who is making a game, there should never be that kind of cut scene. It's a video game, it's meant to be played, and not to be watched.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper