VIDEOGAME Thread...

As per usual with your posts in this thread, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Most of the wii's sales are because the aim of the system. The wii could have just as many owner with a normal controller (like a NES controller for example) a majority of the sales come from the marketing and software the system is owning.

Oh, and about the 2 90 minute cut scenes in MGS4. It's really simple, I don't think that no matter what, or no matter who is making a game, there should never be that kind of cut scene. It's a video game, it's meant to be played, and not to be watched.

As per usual you're being a condescending dick.

The aim of the system is to sell. The wii does this by presenting an alternative control system - motion sensory. Theres no way you can argue that most people buy the wii for anything other than the unique control system. What else do they buy it for? The amazing graphics? It's multimedia capabilities? The superior online system? The wii delivers a brilliant first impression and that's why it sells so well.

As for MGS4, its a story driven series so the cut scenes are an integral part of the game. 90 minutes might be pushing it a bit but i'll wait until i've played the game and see how/if it disrupts the gameplay before I pass judgement.

if you buy a wii it's generally for the "gimick" ;) most of their sales are for the motion sensing control.

But why is a major feature such as motion sensing control a "gimmick"? You've got the wrong target.

In games where it's intelligently designed and incorporated(Boom Blox being the most recent example) rather than tacked on by lazy 3rd party developers, it's fantastic and a huge competitive differentiator for Nintendo.

Reality is more and more people will have both a PS3 or Xbox and Wii...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Guest Jack_the_ripper
As per usual with your posts in this thread, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Most of the wii's sales are because the aim of the system. The wii could have just as many owner with a normal controller (like a NES controller for example) a majority of the sales come from the marketing and software the system is owning.

Oh, and about the 2 90 minute cut scenes in MGS4. It's really simple, I don't think that no matter what, or no matter who is making a game, there should never be that kind of cut scene. It's a video game, it's meant to be played, and not to be watched.

As per usual you're being a condescending dick.

The aim of the system is to sell. The wii does this by presenting an alternative control system - motion sensory. Theres no way you can argue that most people buy the wii for anything other than the unique control system. What else do they buy it for? The amazing graphics? It's multimedia capabilities? The superior online system? The wii delivers a brilliant first impression and that's why it sells so well.

As for MGS4, its a story driven series so the cut scenes are an integral part of the game. 90 minutes might be pushing it a bit but i'll wait until i've played the game and see how/if it disrupts the gameplay before I pass judgement.

it's the software library that sells it to be honest. People like mindless casual and party games, and they find a plenty on the wii, it's that simple. It has nothing to do with the controller.

I've played many story driven games, and some of them didn't even have cutscenes. As I said, a videogame should be played, not watched. I'd be the first to tear Miyamoto a new 1 if he went in that direction.

i know everything :tongue2:

firstly you're deluded it you think the wii would be as popular if it was motion sensing.

secondly about MGS4, must have been a week since i posted about that :question: but it's what MGS is about, the storyline is always epic, if people like you don't like it then you shouldn't buy it, fans know what they're getting when they buy it and that's what they do. while i'm having fun playing it i hope you're having fun complaining about it :rolleyes: it's nice to play a game that's doesn't throw together some cheesy storyline

anyway, to everyone else, i just tried playing gears of war again, i seemed to remember it being alot better than it actually is. i won't be getting the second one

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i know everything :tongue2:

firstly you're deluded it you think the wii would be as popular if it was motion sensing.

secondly about MGS4, must have been a week since i posted about that :question: but it's what MGS is about, the storyline is always epic, if people like you don't like it then you shouldn't buy it, fans know what they're getting when they buy it and that's what they do. while i'm having fun playing it i hope you're having fun complaining about it :rolleyes: it's nice to play a game that's doesn't throw together some cheesy storyline

anyway, to everyone else, i just tried playing gears of war again, i seemed to remember it being alot better than it actually is. i won't be getting the second one

Puhhhh-lease. The motion sensing was a slight factor, but the library and the marketing is a much larger factor and would account for the majority of sales.

I've said it many times, I've played plenty of epic games, and none of them required 90 minute cut scenes. It's ridiculous. I'll state what I've said many times: Kojima would of made a great film director.

90 minutes of sitting there when your expecting to be playing a game is completely and entirely unacceptable, no matter what system it's on, no matter who makes it. It's just absolutely ridiculous.

Play beyond good & evil, Shit that looks like cutscenes is actually you playing.

like i said, if you don't like it, don't buy it, i'll have fun with it instead :D

and do you honestly think the new age groups would buy a wii just to play zelda? i'm talking about the people who usually wouldn't buy games but have because the wii is motion sensetive. do you really think familes would sit around their tv together watching each other play zelda? if so then get real

Yeah you will. Gears is a game that is best for the very first experience where it totally wows you. It was less amazing the second time for me too but I appreciate it was a game that was built for giving you an amazing experience the first time.

Buy Gears 2, love it, never play it again. In single player, at least, anyway.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
like i said, if you don't like it, don't buy it, i'll have fun with it instead :D

and do you honestly think the new age groups would buy a wii just to play zelda? i'm talking about the people who usually wouldn't buy games but have because the wii is motion sensetive. do you really think familes would sit around their tv together watching each other play zelda? if so then get real

you really aren't listening are you? it's the library that's selling the system. A majority of the library is casual games. CASUAL GAMES! you know, the games that are targeted to people who DON'T play games.

Yeah you will. Gears is a game that is best for the very first experience where it totally wows you. It was less amazing the second time for me too but I appreciate it was a game that was built for giving you an amazing experience the first time.

Buy Gears 2, love it, never play it again. In single player, at least, anyway.

if i do buy it, i'll buy it at a bargin bin price, this summer has better games for me. i like gears the first time i played it though, it wasn't as brilliant as everyone says, but it was a solid game.

jack, you're like a broken record. i'm done with you, keep trying hard, it might work out :)

Nothing really, just had a good tone with the guys already working there.

Btw, someone mentioned the 90 minutes cutscenes in MGS. They are far from that long.

They are about an hour I believe. Can't wait till we get it in store.

One of the cutscenes in MGS2 came close to the 45 minute mark and it really didnt seem that long so the prospect of hour long cutscenes doesnt really bother me that much to be honest.

i believe that broke the "world record" for longest cut scene. it was in the gaming version of guiness book of world records anyway from what i read in the shop

Btw, someone mentioned the 90 minutes cutscenes in MGS. They are far from that long.

Yeah, I heard that was a lie as well. I think it was one of the reviewers for Gamepro that dispelled that rumor. He also said that you can pause the cut scenes, which I think is really cool.

Turns out there are two 90 min cutscenes in the game. The dude who smashed the rumour was wrong. It's been mentioned in a lot of reviews.

I actually work at EB Games/Gamestop now. :D

Speaking of videogames.

Thinking about trading my PS2 and some old games in for a 360. I don't use it anymore anyway.

I started in GAME last week, too.

It's so awesome. My dream first job. ^_^ From here to EDGE magazine...

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Yeah, I heard that was a lie as well. I think it was one of the reviewers for Gamepro that dispelled that rumor. He also said that you can pause the cut scenes, which I think is really cool.

I still don't think hour long cut scenes have their places in video games, but atleast this does slightly redeem it if you can pause it.