VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
no matter what, never buy a nintendo wifi connector, piece of shti works 25% of the time... Fucking been fighting with it since I got it.

QFT. It's basically impossible for me to connect to SSBB or almost any online DS game.:(

It's fucking ridiculous, Buffalo dropped the ball, mine keeps over-heating, and I can't send it in for exchange or repair, because they discontinued the stupid piece of shit.

jack, you honestly think that nintendo could have competed with the 360 and ps3 with a similar system to them? the gamecube was fun and all but it didn't raise half as much capital as the ps2. and microsoft and sony have pumped huge ammounts of money into their consoles that i don't think would have been viable for nintendo to do so. that's what i was trying to say, not that nintendo can't make a console to rival them, not that the wii sucks, not that the game cube sucked and not that nintendo suck.

why do you always have to be so condescending all the time?

Guest Jack_the_ripper
jack, you honestly think that nintendo could have competed with the 360 and ps3 with a similar system to them? the gamecube was fun and all but it didn't raise half as much capital as the ps2. and microsoft and sony have pumped huge ammounts of money into their consoles that i don't think would have been viable for nintendo to do so. that's what i was trying to say, not that nintendo can't make a console to rival them, not that the wii sucks, not that the game cube sucked and not that nintendo suck.

Because it's who I am.

And Nintendo could have had rivaled the other 2 companies graphically speaking, however, they knew after the gamecube that that wouldn't work, they needed a new approach, and they decided to test the new approach with the DS. When that was judged to be a success they worked on the wii.

Nintendo always has and will be for the younger crowd. Even with the Gamecube, the graphics couldn't match the Xbox or PS2, and the games that came out on Gamecube were nothing but kiddie titles. The failure of the Gamecube was because so many people had high expectations for this Nintendo console which offered discs, similar to what the PS2 and Xbox had, but after it was released for awhile and people saw the game titles, it became kinda "meh". Certain games would be released on all 3 consoles, but why play the game on the Gamecube when you could play it on the PS2 or the Xbox with better graphics?

Yes the Wii is innovative but again, it has tons of kiddie games. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's been extremely successful.

I dunno man, just my opinions.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
hey guys, i hate talking about the next round of consoles as much as the next guy, but i've been thinking about nintendo. no disrespect to them, but they couldn't take on the power of xbox and playstation, and they were smart enough to realise this and decided to innovate. and it worked very very well. so now i'm wondering, will they decide to take on microsoft and sony with a powerful next next gen console? or will they make a wii with updated graphics? or try and innovate something new?

it sucks talking about the next round of consoles but they will be designing them around now. and i'm curious as to what nintendo might do

Alright, get your facts straight firstly. Nintendo could of went in the same direction as the other consoles, but after the failure of the gamecube, they huddled and tried to figure out what can bring them back in the light of prominence.

Nintendo always has and will be for the younger crowd. Even with the Gamecube, the graphics couldn't match the Xbox or PS2, and the games that came out on Gamecube were nothing but kiddie titles. The failure of the Gamecube was because so many people had high expectations for this Nintendo console which offered discs, similar to what the PS2 and Xbox had, but after it was released for awhile and people saw the game titles, it became kinda "meh". Certain games would be released on all 3 consoles, but why play the game on the Gamecube when you could play it on the PS2 or the Xbox with better graphics?

What's this new approach you speak of? Yes the Wii is innovative but Nintendo always has been marketed towards one specific market and I believe it will stay that way.

wow, If you could get any wronger, they might assign you a wheel chair and a bike helmet.

Again, you need to get your facts straight.

Firstly, The PS2 was the most underpowered graphically of all the last gen consoles, and the Gamecube's Graphics capabilities were extremely similar to that of the Xbox.

Here are the CPU and GPU for each other consoles (These are the components that they use to compare graphics):

PS2: CPU: 294-299MHZ GPU: 147MHZ

Gamecube: CPU: 485MHZ GPU: 162MHZ

Xbox: CPU: 733MHZ GPU: 233MHZ

So please, do your research before making absolutely stupid remarks.

As for Nintendo always being kiddy, I can promise you I can find more AAA titles on the gamecube, then I can on the other 2 titles. It's not kiddy, only those uneducated and uncultured in any manner would think it's kiddy.

The different approach for the wii is that they marketed to everyone, so grandma, mom, sister, everyone will enjoy it. That's where they tested the DS, and it worked, and now that's also working for the wii.

Hope you enjoyed making an ass of yourself, I sure did.

Peace.

I have been and will always be a Nintendo fan. I agree that the Wii is more for kids. But its a casual gamer system aswell. Gamecube was awesome. It had better graphics than the PS2. I have a 360 and Wii. I am buying a PS3 this summer. I think each system has their good and bad points.

No one expected the wii to be good. I did and I stood by it. Even though i didnt get one till about 2 months ago. Anyways wait 6 months and then the Wii will have better games.

Here are the CPU and GPU for each other consoles (These are the components that they use to compare graphics):

Thanks for posting this, as I don't spend my time studying old video games consoles all the time, you just did the work for me. The Xbox overpowers the Gamecube by a pretty good bit. And it's a shame like Sandman said, that the Gamecube console looks graphically SHIT.

As for Nintendo always being kiddy, I can promise you I can find more AAA titles on the gamecube, then I can on the other 2 titles. It's not kiddy, only those uneducated and uncultured in any manner would think it's kiddy.

Uneducated and uncultured..... LOL, Nintendo ALWAYS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR MAKING KID FRIENDLY GAMES, IT IS A FACT. TONS of people can agree with me on that.

The different approach for the wii is that they marketed to everyone, so grandma, mom, sister, everyone will enjoy it. That's where they tested the DS, and it worked, and now that's also working for the wii.

Yes, the Wii is going perfectly. They found something to appeal to many people, with tons of party games. But again, the vast majority of people that play Wii and Nintendo consoles are kids. For example.... The Nintendo DS.... how many adults have you seen play a hand held console? Better question, how many people over the age of 13 or 14 have you seen play the Nintendo DS?

I find it funny that I post my opinions on Nintendo and you fly off the handle at me. Get a life buddy...

Edited by Forsaken

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Thanks for posting this, as I don't spend my time studying old video games consoles all the time, you just did the work for me. The Xbox overpowers the Gamecube by a pretty good bit. And it's a shame like Sandman said, that the Gamecube console looks graphically SHIT.

Uneducated and uncultured..... LOL, Nintendo ALWAYS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR MAKING KID FRIENDLY GAMES, IT IS A FACT. TONS of people can agree with me on that.

Yes, the Wii is going perfectly. They found something to appeal to many people, with tons of party games. But again, the vast majority of people that play Wii and Nintendo consoles are kids. For example.... The Nintendo DS.... how many adults have you seen play a hand held console? Better question, how many people over the age of 13 or 14 have you seen play the Nintendo DS?

I find it funny that I post my opinions on Nintendo and you fly off the handle at me. Get a life buddy...

Plenty sir, Almost everywhere I go I see people 20+ playing DS. Fuck, I've seen hot women playing the fucking DS. My own girlfriend owns and plays often with her DS (she's addicted to Animal Crossing.)

As for the Gamecube games looking like shit, perhaps you should take a second look, and perhaps count polygons. It does effects PS2 couldn't even fathom of doing. Here's why people think the ps2 has better graphics: A majority of Ps2 game use cinematics, which is just a video file in essence, the Gamecube uses ingame cinematics, which means its not a video, but a scene crafted inside the game. That's the only big difference there, and I believe that's where the misconception occurs.

Nintendo has never been a kiddy console, and people really need to fucking wake up if they still believe this. It's always been family oriented perhaps, but of course, any game that you can sit down with mom, dad or sister and play with them is instantly kiddy, oh how I wish I was like you cool gamers.

Nightrain: I could name you a bunch of fucking games, but you'll just come up with a robotic list of regurgitated bullfuck that you buy into. For the record, I said the Gamecube has a bunch of AAA titles, and the wii as of currently has the best software lineup of all it's competitors. It has the most original and epic games. And any port that gets thrown onto the wii instantly becomes the definitive version of the game.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

If you like tacked on motion controls and worse graphics. In some cases, yes, in all cases? No. Granted most of those games are boring sport ones or EA cash-ins, but alas, those make up most of the ports and if I were stupid enough to play them I'd do so on my 360 or PS3.

Go on. List the AAA titles. I want to see what your retarded view of them is.

Firstly, The PS2 was the most underpowered graphically of all the last gen consoles, and the Gamecube's Graphics capabilities were extremely similar to that of the Xbox.

Shame the Gamecube looked graphically shit.

:confused:

Mario Sunshine, Resi 4, Wind Waker etc instantly make that statement ridiculous.

I'm obviously just thinking of the taccy ones then.

Although, I always visually liked Luigi's Manson artistically...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
If you like tacked on motion controls and worse graphics. In some cases, yes, in all cases? No. Granted most of those games are boring sport ones or EA cash-ins, but alas, those make up most of the ports and if I were stupid enough to play them I'd do so on my 360 or PS3.

My view is cultured sir. I really don't want to put together a list, not cause I can't, just cause I'm lazy and currently busy doing other stuff. I don't feel like running back and forth looking at my games.

There were a lot of ugly games on the Gamecube but the same could be said for Xbox and PS2. Just like you get a graphically shit games like No More Heroes and then a beautiful one like Mario Galaxy on the Wii.

Speaking of No More Heroes, I use that as my example because I started it yesterday and I am not liking it at all. I'm #7 now and it's tempting to not go any further. For every cool thing in it there's fifty bad ones. Hard to believe this is from the same guy who did Killer7.

Also, Luigi's Mansion is one of the most underrated Gamecube games and much, much better than Sunshine and Wind Waker. True news.

Edit: Oh. CULTURED.

Of course. Sorry for bothering you, sir. I shan't interupt your terribly important life for you are clearly amazing even though you're not smart enough to remember them off the top of your head. I could easily do it and my game collection is over 450 now.

Sandy, I gotta go to my missus' now, I trust you to take care of the CULTURED fellow tonight again. :wub:

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

My view is cultured sir. I really don't want to put together a list, not cause I can't, just cause I'm lazy and currently busy doing other stuff. I don't feel like running back and forth looking at my games.

C'mon.... let's see the list. I'm interested too since you are defending Nintendo with your life.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
There were a lot of ugly games on the Gamecube but the same could be said for Xbox and PS2. Just like you get a graphically shit games like No More Heroes and then a beautiful one like Mario Galaxy on the Wii.

Speaking of No More Heroes, I use that as my example because I started it yesterday and I am not liking it at all. I'm #7 now and it's tempting to not go any further. For every cool thing in it there's fifty bad ones. Hard to believe this is from the same guy who did Killer7.

Also, Luigi's Mansion is one of the most underrated Gamecube games and much, much better than Sunshine and Wind Waker. True news.

Of course. Sorry for bothering you, sir. I shan't interupt your terribly important life for you are clearly amazing even though you're not smart enough to remember them off the top of your head. I could easily do it and my game collection is over 450 now.

Bong, this conversation is done. No More Heroes is the most stylized game I've ever seen, it reeks of epicness in every turn. Obviously if you can't accept that, then there is no point to my list, since you can't even appreciate no more heroes.

I also have a horrible memory. Memory has nothing to do with intelligence either, I just forget shit, and remembering all the games I own isn't a priority for I. Yes, I do have a mighty important life, even more than you can fathom.

Sir, I repeat, the only thing cultured about you sir is what is growing inbetween your sweaty gamer pits.

I understand sir that running may well cause you to suffer great pains and possibly even cause you to faint, but perhaps consider exercise other than reaching for you Wii remote and then using it.

Sir, I put to you - if they were that good, you would remember them.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Sir, I repeat, the only thing cultured about you sir is what is growing inbetween your sweaty gamer pits.

I understand sir that running may well cause you to suffer great pains and possibly even cause you to faint, but perhaps consider exercise other than reaching for you Wii remote and then using it.

Sir, I put to you - if they were that good, you would remember them.

I do plenty of exercise sir, and I just got back from the gym. So I apologize if I'm too tired at this point to do much, but I just spent most of my energy running. Fucking cardio tires me the fuck out. Plus, the girlfriend will be over in 10 minutes, barely enough time to compile this list, gotta keep some energy for her as well.

As I said, I have a horrible memory, and remembering what games I own so I can name them on a dime isn't a priority of mine.

Bong, this conversation is done. No More Heroes is the most stylized game I've ever seen, it reeks of epicness in every turn. Obviously if you can't accept that, then there is no point to my list, since you can't even appreciate no more heroes.

I also have a horrible memory. Memory has nothing to do with intelligence either, I just forget shit, and remembering all the games I own isn't a priority for I. Yes, I do have a mighty important life, even more than you can fathom.

The combat is cool. A little simplistic, but fun. The whole retro game theme is really awesome too. I like the riff that plays when the screen freezes.

Other than that? It's really shoddy. Even though they're a small studio Killer7 was so, so polished. This game feels like it was made by a couple of students for the most part. For starters, despite the art style being kinda cool, you can't really like it because the game is so damn ugly. If the real world was like the one in NMH everybody would have died from cutting themselves on the jaggies. Not to mention the city in which you can't go further than 5ft without seeing a ridiculous amount of pop-up. All the textures are horrible quality and it honestly looks like a PS1 game.

That's not the end of it though. I didn't expect it to look good. I didn't expect it to look this bad, but still, I could have overlooked it. It just so happens there isn't a good game underneath it all like there was with Killer7. The camera is pretty bad, the movement is really shoddy and you literally bounce off walls if you're locked onto somebody and go too close to an object. The re-charging mechanic is stupid because it's basically 'run away as fast as you can to not get hit then wiggle it for 5 seconds' which breaks up the flow of the battles something awful.

Then you have the shit between assassinations which is even worse. Go pick up coconuts from a tree. Go kill a dude in 60 seconds. Then once you've finally got enough money you have to go back to your hotel room which is boring as hell, only to get the call and go straight back out. Which means using the worst driving mechanic in the world all over again. If he was riding a bike made of bricks it would feel more realistic.

Being in the PAL region I don't even have the gore to entertain me.

Killer7 was an amazing and unique express that totally hit a chord was me. It was different and stylish and did its own thing. I love that. I'm all for new publishers doing weird shit. What I don't love is a game this shoddy being made and cunts like you praising it just became it came from Suda 51. This isn't worthy of licking the shit off Killer7's shoes. I'd put money on the fact that if you honestly looked at it objectively like I am then you'd agree. I know you won't and you'll put a massive lecture here because you think you need to like it to keep some 'cultured' rep up.

I paid the same as $20USD for it and I feel cheated. Moreso than that, I'm disappointed that Suda 51 dropped the ball and couldn't follow up Killer7 with something that was 1/100th as amazing.

Because it's who I am.

And Nintendo could have had rivaled the other 2 companies graphically speaking, however, they knew after the gamecube that that wouldn't work, they needed a new approach, and they decided to test the new approach with the DS. When that was judged to be a success they worked on the wii.

thanks for just saying what i had already said :rolleyes:

Guest Jack_the_ripper

The combat is cool. A little simplistic, but fun. The whole retro game theme is really awesome too. I like the riff that plays when the screen freezes.

Other than that? It's really shoddy. Even though they're a small studio Killer7 was so, so polished. This game feels like it was made by a couple of students for the most part. For starters, despite the art style being kinda cool, you can't really like it because the game is so damn ugly. If the real world was like the one in NMH everybody would have died from cutting themselves on the jaggies. Not to mention the city in which you can't go further than 5ft without seeing a ridiculous amount of pop-up. All the textures are horrible quality and it honestly looks like a PS1 game.

That's not the end of it though. I didn't expect it to look good. I didn't expect it to look this bad, but still, I could have overlooked it. It just so happens there isn't a good game underneath it all like there was with Killer7. The camera is pretty bad, the movement is really shoddy and you literally bounce off walls if you're locked onto somebody and go too close to an object. The re-charging mechanic is stupid because it's basically 'run away as fast as you can to not get hit then wiggle it for 5 seconds' which breaks up the flow of the battles something awful.

Then you have the shit between assassinations which is even worse. Go pick up coconuts from a tree. Go kill a dude in 60 seconds. Then once you've finally got enough money you have to go back to your hotel room which is boring as hell, only to get the call and go straight back out. Which means using the worst driving mechanic in the world all over again. If he was riding a bike made of bricks it would feel more realistic.

Being in the PAL region I don't even have the gore to entertain me.

Killer7 was an amazing and unique express that totally hit a chord was me. It was different and stylish and did its own thing. I love that. I'm all for new publishers doing weird shit. What I don't love is a game this shoddy being made and cunts like you praising it just became it came from Suda 51. This isn't worthy of licking the shit off Killer7's shoes. I'd put money on the fact that if you honestly looked at it objectively like I am then you'd agree. I know you won't and you'll put a massive lecture here because you think you need to like it to keep some 'cultured' rep up.

I paid the same as $20USD for it and I feel cheated. Moreso than that, I'm disappointed that Suda 51 dropped the ball and couldn't follow up Killer7 with something that was 1/100th as amazing.

I haven't had any of the problems you're speaking of to be quite honest. I haven't had any of the wall bouncing problems, and I love the art style. Graphically speaking I agree it isn't impressive, but I entirely overlook that because of the extremely entertaining gameplay mechanic behind it.

I had problems with the driving mechanic as well, until I realized that tilting the wii remote tilts the bike. Go down a street at a decent speed, tilt the controller in the direction you want to go, press the joystick and z button together, and you'll fucking turn like crazy.

I like the sidejobs, and I like the goofyness of them. I liked running after coconuts, and I thought it was hilarious to watch him run around with them in his hand. The game isn't meant to be taken seriously either, it's a satire.

Honestly though, PAL did get the gimped version. I'm not usually 1 to enjoy gore, but the gore just gives this game an infinite amount of style and satisfaction. So in that aspect, perhaps I wouldn't enjoy it as much without the blood.

Killer7 was an amazing game, but I personally think that this 1 tops it. I did enjoy the Heaven smile story line better though.

Mario Sunshine, Resi 4, Wind Waker etc instantly make that statement ridiculous.

Metroid Prime. Gimme one PS2 game that looked better than Prime. That game looked, played and felt glorious.

Metroid Prime. Gimme one PS2 game that looked better than Prime. That game looked, played and felt glorious.

lord, i was seconds away from posting that.

it is easily on of the best games of the ps2/xbox/gamecube age.

that, and its sequel.

you sir, are a baboon.