VIDEOGAME Thread...

got MGS4 today, it looks and plays brilliantly. even the installing process was fun! i've already had a 20 minute cut scene, it felt very short, and i was worried i'd be bored by some of them? unfortuneatly the gamestop i went to didn't have the limited edition. i've already found 2 "easter eggs"

been playing GTA for 5 hours. If any of you see me online set up a match between us (can you even do that? specify the players in a match?)

Also got burnout paradise today.... going to crack that open tomorrow, been wayyy to preoccupied on GTA today :lol:

Edited by JDRM

yeah i heard GTA wasn't as great as the hype. MGS4 is as great as the hype. you even have an ingame ipod! and they even have podcasts from the devs and you can unlock previous MGS game soundtracks to play. the detail is amazing! i'm totally blown away by this game

Guest Jack_the_ripper

lol the hype is still around, wait 2 weeks from now before you can say whether or not the hype died out, and if it was overhyped or not.

i didn't say it died down. you're boring me jack, i'm not going to bother with you anymore. but i'll just tell you that you're right, but you obviously crave to hear it.

i come to this thread to talk about video games, not satisfy your thirst for being a prick. so while you continue to pick fights with everyone, i'll be enjoying MGS4 :D

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i didn't say it died down. you're boring me jack, i'm not going to bother with you anymore. but i'll just tell you that you're right, but you obviously crave to hear it.

i come to this thread to talk about video games, not satisfy your thirst for being a prick. so while you continue to pick fights with everyone, i'll be enjoying MGS4 :D

Not really, I don't like to be right, I just hate hearing absolutely redundant and stupid things.

It's simple, the GTAIV hype machine is what got the game so many reviews, the GTAIV hyped died down after a few weeks, proof? people are returning it (like axls_shorts_rule.) more so, there are some very well documentated accounts of media even admitting to buying into the hype of the game, and regret their 10/10 score (IGN being 1 of them.)

For the record, when I discuss games in here, and it might seem like I'm making a personal attack, I'm really not. I have nothing against vicious, I'm sure he's a great guy, and that goes as well for Bromle, and even Nighttrain. I think they are all very respectable people, and I'd like to take 2 seconds to apologize if they thought I was personally attacking them.

Don't get me wrong, GTA was an absolute great game. The only reason I traded it in was because I'd beaten it and was never one for going around the huge city and getting the small stuff done. It's still loads of fun to pop the game in and play. Also, I needed the money.

But you are right Jack, the hype did die down after a few weeks. Which happens with every game really though.

GTA IV was a great game, but I needed the money and I'm addicted to the Battlefield Demo.

Not really, I don't like to be right, I just hate hearing absolutely redundant and stupid things.

It's simple, the GTAIV hype machine is what got the game so many reviews, the GTAIV hyped died down after a few weeks, proof? people are returning it (like axls_shorts_rule.) more so, there are some very well documentated accounts of media even admitting to buying into the hype of the game, and regret their 10/10 score (IGN being 1 of them.)

For the record, when I discuss games in here, and it might seem like I'm making a personal attack, I'm really not. I have nothing against vicious, I'm sure he's a great guy, and that goes as well for Bromle, and even Nighttrain. I think they are all very respectable people, and I'd like to take 2 seconds to apologize if they thought I was personally attacking them.

i prefer san andreas

I gots MGS4 early. ^_^ Working in GAME is already paying off. I only had a half day, too, so I went home and played it until about 3 in the morning. Glorious fucking experience. I completed it yesterday.

Best game ever? Nu-uh. I can't say that just because it doesn't play nearly as well as something like Mario, Zelda or Resi 4 but as a pure entertainment experience? It's one of the best. Up there with any Hollywood film for me. The script, voice acting, lip syncing, motion capture, the soundtrack... it's just sublime. Without sounding like some Sony marketing guy it's an experience Kojima could only produce on the PS3. It's his vision finally fully realised. I wish to God that the first three games could have been made with the same production values and technology because that would just be the greatest game series ever then.

I really wanna try MGO but I don't have the net at my flat so that'll have to wait, I guess. In the meantime I'm going to play through it all again. :D

My favourite bit was Act 3 by far.

Not only was the tracking through the streets different and very cool, but you also had the amazing plot reveals from Eva, that fantastic on-rails section and then that end cutscene which is by FAR the best in the game. I swear I said 'holy shit' at least three times during that cutscene. It was better than most action sequences that Hollywood come up with.

Overall though I loved it all. There's a few niggles here and there but generally it played so much better than the previous games and it was a great fan service. Had everything I'd ever want in terms of returning characters and all the story arcs being tied up.

Top 5 game for me.

Because a game's hype dies down why on earth does that mean it's not as good as people first thought? this is a ridiculous claim. People take games back because they've completed them, find them too difficult or because they are short of funds and i thought JTR knew his stuff when it came to the console world, this is a poor comment man, hype never lasts but that doesn't mean the game wasn't better then expected and that people are regretting their first reviews.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

Because a game's hype dies down why on earth does that mean it's not as good as people first thought? this is a ridiculous claim. People take games back because they've completed them, find them too difficult or because they are short of funds and i thought JTR knew his stuff when it came to the console world, this is a poor comment man, hype never lasts but that doesn't mean the game wasn't better then expected and that people are regretting their first reviews.

:no:

I totally agree, but now we're most likely gonna get a lecture from you know who. :scared:

Not only was the tracking through the streets different and very cool, but you also had the amazing plot reveals from Eva, that fantastic on-rails section and then that end cutscene which is by FAR the best in the game. I swear I said 'holy shit' at least three times during that cutscene. It was better than most action sequences that Hollywood come up with.

I'm on Act 4 right now. There are 6 acts all together, right?

Anyway... yeah, Act 3 was amazing. That cut scene was by far the most impressive thing I've ever seen in a game. Graphics, camera angles, everything... AMAZING.

But what I like best so far is the setting for Act 4. I almost shit my pants when they said where Snake had to go.

Anyway... yeah, Act 3 was amazing. That cut scene was by far the most impressive thing I've ever seen in a game. Graphics, camera angles, everything... AMAZING.

But what I like best so far is the setting for Act 4. I almost shit my pants when they said where Snake had to go.

Where does he have to go. :confused:

Shadow Moses Island, where the original MGS took place. It's so fucking sweet to see all that old scenery with modern graphics.

Shadow Moses Island, where the original MGS took place. It's so fucking sweet to see all that old scenery with modern graphics.

Cool. I'd find more interest if I were a fan of the series but honestly, that is pretty neat.

i heard there was only 5 acts? i'm almost finished 4 now, this game is long, and i love that it's long because i know i'll be sad when it's all over. the location of act 4 is superb and i loved the start of the act :lol:

i loved what was said about the ps3 too! had me laughing

Guest Jack_the_ripper

buying into the hype means your overlooking the flaws of the game because of how hyped you are to finally have the game. Once that hype dies out, the flaws become more apparent, and therefore meaning the game really isn't as great as your initial thought.

It has nothing to do with the game suddenly getting back, it's more like having an epiphany if you will.

Same goes for memory, I mean, my memory of golden eye is far better than the game actually was (which I became aware of when I recently played it again.)

i'm so sad i finished MGS4. i can't think of any game i like more, it beats MGS3 and san andreas which were previously my favourites. and when i finsihed, i started again (with all my unlocked weapons) on the hardest mode and it's not boring at all even though i finished it already. never could do that before.

this has set the bar very high for other devs, i'm talking about the ones who release games that hardly run well on the ps3(almost every EA game). they blame the ps3 for their short comings but MGS4 has proved what the ps3 is capable of.

i've only started MGO and the learning curve is steep if you want to play well, obviously it's not nearly as good as single player but still fun

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Guitar Hero 4 Info:

-Guitar Hero 4 = $179.99 (Wii version)

GH4 guitar:

- New guitar sets you free: New touch-sensitive guitar Neck Slide opens up the entire guitar neck for unbound solos - shred how you want.

Artists

- Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, System of a Down, Ozzy Osbourne, Interpol, Muse “and dozens more”

4qjia.png

Edited by Jack_the_ripper