VIDEOGAME Thread...

well i finished GTA 4 today, after waiting so long to play it i can honestly say that GTA4 is very dissapointing

they replaced fun for realism. the first thing i hated was the new driving scheme, it was very hard to control cars when turning without sliding in every direction, especially compared to previous GTA games, if i wanted realistic driving i'd do it in real life, i wanted to make sharp turns at very high speeds.

secondly, why are most of the missions the same? at least half of them involve following/chasing somebody in their cars.

i disliked the use of new york in this game, it was good in theory, but everywhere is basically the same! in san andreas you had a bit of LA, some Las Vegas, some desert areas, and variety. i was also annoyed that the prison was not used in any of the story missions, i was 100% certain there's be a prison escape mission!

i'd much rather prefered an expansion to san andreas, which was an all around better game.

don't get me started on the terrible soundtrack.

there were bits i liked about the game, the police computers were fun and aspects of the story were good.

overall i give this game an 8.5. maybe i'd have given it an 8.9 if i had not played the much better MGS4 first

I thought it was fun, but it was over-hyped.

I read a review (I think it was on IGN.com), where they stated that the story was Oscar-worthy. What in the fuck were they smoking?

Are they talking about GTA 4 or MGS4 being Oscar worthy?.

Grand Theft Auto.

And yes, it was a disappointment, although I still haven't finished it due to the fact my disc is fucked for no reason and is now unreadable.

And yes, it was a disappointment, although I still haven't finished it due to the fact my disc is fucked for no reason and is now unreadable.

did you bring it back to the shop? my friend broke his (he got the RROD and kicked his 360) and brought it back to the shop and they replaced it. you may aswell try

I havent completed many GTA missions. I just buy a pump-action shotgun, go to the bar and get drunk, then head over to the strip to rip the place up. After I get out of prison I go over to fuck Michelle. Like I said I havent finished many missions.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 landed today:D !!!!

downloading right now...

it brings in game XMB and *TROPHIES* ^_^. I think it's safe to say that the PS3 has at least covered, if not improved, every aspect of the 360.

downloading right now...

it brings in game XMB and *TROPHIES* ^_^. I think it's safe to say that the PS3 has at least covered, if not improved, every aspect of the 360.

Improved?

I'm sorry, I love my PS3 but Xbox Live is still way better than PSN.

No in-game music unless supported? Not Trophies for all games?

downloading right now...

Shit man! Thanks for letting us know! I probably wouldn't have even turned on my SONY today if I hadn't known. :lol:

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i'm pissed off, i can't get 2.4 firmware because apparently it has been recalled?

SONY really make it hard for people to like them

Doesn't help that Square is re-shifting their focus from sony to Nintendo platforms.

As I said earlier: Chrono Trigger DS

i'm pissed off, i can't get 2.4 firmware because apparently it has been recalled?

Yeah, same thing happend to my brother. He waited one day and now he can't download it. Glad I got it though. ^_^

is it any good? from what i hear it's a poor attempt and most of the features need game devs to implement them?

Yeah, same thing happend to my brother. He waited one day and now he can't download it. Glad I got it though. ^_^

It was pulled because it's reportedly bricked some systems :mellow:

digg

is it any good? from what i hear it's a poor attempt and most of the features need game devs to implement them?

Well the Trophies and and in game music doesn't work yet, but the in game messaging is pretty nice. :)