Most disappointing album of all-time?

Estranged Reality

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul McCartney's first solo album.

EVERYBODY had high hopes for it...the whole Beatle connection and all,but moreso based on the strength of the first single from it...Maybe I'm Amazed,which is a great track and still holds up today.

Unfortunately the rest of the album didn't own up to the strength of Maybe I'm Amazed.

The "gifted" Beatle didn't deliver the goods.

Paul McCartney's first solo album.

EVERYBODY had high hopes for it...the whole Beatle connection and all,but moreso based on the strength of the first single from it...Maybe I'm Amazed,which is a great track and still holds up today.

Unfortunately the rest of the album didn't own up to the strength of Maybe I'm Amazed.

The "gifted" Beatle didn't deliver the goods.

apologise now and i wont make you cry!! :P:lol: j/k!

For me it's got to be Pantera - Far Beyond Driven.

After the ass kicking they delivered with Cowboys and Vulgar Display, this sounded limp...

I realy enjoy far beyond driven...

i like fbd alot but it was basically vdop on steriods. thats what my friends said about it.

More Van Halen.

Women and Children, Fair Warning...

After II, they didn't really hit their stride again until Diver Down and 1984.

I thought WACF and FW were their best albums. Harder and without that pop shit that held down their previous albums. If anything, Diver Down was disappointing. Though great, it almost feels like a throw away.

More Van Halen.

Women and Children, Fair Warning...

After II, they didn't really hit their stride again until Diver Down and 1984.

I thought WACF and FW were their best albums. Harder and without that pop shit that held down their previous albums. If anything, Diver Down was disappointing. Though great, it almost feels like a throw away.

But pop is what Van Halen is. They do it very well. I love Diver Down. One of the few that's really great all the way through.

W.A.S.P - Helldorado

After The Crimson Idol and Still Not Black Enough I was pumped, and was then given this pile of shit.

Luckily their next effort, Dying For The World, more than made up for it.

Warrant - Born Again

A Huge Warrant fan here, and this was their first album without the amazing Jani Lane, and the album had taken 6 years to make (and yet no one ragged on them for taking so long - okay maybe I should quite while I'm ahead :-P) and it's just.....just not Warrant. They need Jani back.

Motley Crue - Motley Crue

Not so much a disappointment, just not what I expected of a Crue album, no cheese whatsoever :-/ and Tommy Lee was entering his "Hey lets try and turn us Hip-hop" phase which totally fucked some of the shit up.

Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute

Similar to the Warrant situation, whenever a band I like changes their singer I am always iffy about it. However when Skid Row released Thickskin in '02 I absolutely loved it, sure it didn't live up to the Bach Skid Row, but Bach is irreplacable and god. But it was a pretty kick ass album, only track I disliked was New Generation. So I eagerly anticipated the 2006 follow up Revolutions Per Minute. Oh Dear. It's like country meets hard rock meets.....shit. I liked 2 tracks (one of which was a cover!) it's just, ugh, I can't believe 3 of the guys in this band who wrote classics like "I Remember You" "Slave To The Grind" "Monkey Business" and "Youth Gone Wild" are writing songs such as "You Lie". Ugh. Please, Rachel, Snake, Scotti, put Slave To The Grind in your CD players or on your iPod, and try and head in that direction rather than this godawful one you're subjecting us to now.

Velvet Revoler - Contraband

Please don't instantly dismiss this as me being a "hater" or an "Axl Ballsucker" because I really am not, I own both Slash's Snakepit albums, Duff's first solo album and 3 of Izzy's solo albums. I thought Duff's album was alright and that "Aint Life Grand" was brilliant, props to whoever the singer was. But this. I just. Hmmm.

It might be because I am not a fan of Stone Temple Pilots. Don't get me wrong I think this band are okay, but they will never be a legendary band. I liked a few tracks on this album, but I simply cannot listen to this in my car without getting to about track 4 and changing the CD. No tracks stand out to me that I wanna pump up cruise around with singing the lyrics and throwing my fist in the air. Perhaps Libertad will change my overall perception of this band, but this album judgement will remain the same.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Clapton, nugent, tom jones, the who, infact, lets just go altogether and erase the 80's from our minds, please

Hmm, a saucerful of secrets, common guys, with syd playing on only 3 tracks, where there's another 2-4 tracks you can throw on?where's the justice, specially compared to piperit was a huge let down(I've gone onto now wanna just put together a better saucerful, with all the tracks syd's on)

The gilmour led era=bad

yes, a momentary lap of reason and the division bell were BAD ALBUMS

the late 80's on for the ramones, were bad

American Idiot, was horrible

and to finish up, i'd like to put forth Sting and The Police's entire discography...........

The gilmour led era=bad

yes, a momentary lap of reason and the division bell were BAD ALBUMS

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say BAD albums. Just not "Floyd from DSOTM onwards" worthy titles.

I've always been pro-Waters. I'm adament I always will be. He was the creative genius behind Floyd. In my overall opinion I wish it was he who took control of the Floyd name, but what's done is done.

Admittedly I haven't give Momentary Lapse of Reason the proper listens I should as I only got it about 8 months ago. But I did think it was better than the Division Bell, the only song on Division Bell I thought "This is Floyd" was High Hopes.

Okay albums, just not classics.