Metallica - Kill 'Em All vs. The Black Album

axl04

Kill 'Em All vs. The Black Album  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"No life 'till leather"!!!

Kill 'Em All is a great album. i can't stand anything on the "black album".

I'm a Black Album man - I'm one of a few people who, Master of Puppets aside, prefers the softer side of Metalica - I even like Load and Re-load better than Kill em All.

that's just wrong on so many levels. i'm sad now. :confused:

:lol: I know, I feel guilty for being a sick minority! I find Metallicas heavier stuff a little braindead though... Yet Low Mans Lyric on Re-load is one of my favourite Metallica songs... I'll get my coat!

that's what i love, just great jamming riff after riff and pure angst. with "Metal Up Your Ass" as a mantra, how can you go wrong?

i'm admittedly biased. i grew up with KEA, RTL, and MOP they way alot of y'all grew up with the BA, L, RL,S&M, etc, so i guess it's all in the "Eye of the Beholder". [insert rimshot here] thank you, thank you, i'll be here all week!!! :xmassrudolph:

Kill em All

But the Black album takes too much shit from Metallica fans and the general rock/metal world as "the album where Metallica stopped being good" but it really aint that bad.

Kill Em All is just what they embodied when they couldnt find a club punk enough or metal enough for them, yeah it sounds immature and shit but thats what it was like.

"the album where Metallica stopped being good"

in my mind, it's the album where Metallica stopped being Metallica. i can see why people dig the black album. i just personally can't get into it. honestly i don't care for much of anything they've done after Cliff died. AJFA was a weak album with a few good songs and horrible production. Metallica had a unique niche and they abandoned it. they weren't like any of the other thrash groups that were dawning at the time, there was more to it. now, maybe that is the very reason why they felt the need to go off into another direction. every band, just like every person has to follow their own path. but, to me, they'll always be that pissed off sounding band with the killer riffs made into 8 minute songs.

Edited by artfromtex