Tesla

Sarah Jane

I was clearing out a few things today, when i came across Tesla's Mechanical Resonance (on cassette!) that i remember buying when i was about 16, (i'm now 34). Put it on to play and it reminded me how fucking awesome they are!!

Any other Tesla fans here?

I saw Tesla open for Def Leppard in 1988. They put on a good show. Unfortunately, the show was supposed to be in the round, and I had 'center ice' tickets(think hockey) a few rows up. I would have had great seats, but the St. Louis Arena couldn't handle the weight of all the lights/speakers etc.. in the middle of the ancient roof.

It would have literally brought the house down.

So they moved the stage to one end of the arena like normal. It pissed me off, but both bands still put on a good show.

I've heard so many good things that I picked up a couple of CDs, Mechanical Resonance and Five Man Acoustical Jam. Still have to give them a listen. Love the genre, unfortunately most of the stuff in it is a little too generic. Hopefully these guys are more than that.

I believe they are still going strong, they've got a new album if I'm not mistaken.