Motley Crue!

Chris Axl

motley crue rule. i like vince neils voice, he may not be a great singer but he just sounds really distinctive. why doesnt anyone ever mention mick mars in motley crue discussions? he wasnt a great guitarist but he was the one who wrote and played all their killer riffs that make the songs so good and some of his solos were pretty good aswell not great though. the fact that he can still play guitar well even though he has some serious spine condition is pretty amazing. mars seems like the izzy stradlin of motley crue. he made big contributions to the songs but he was the quiet guy who stood in the back but was still badass

Edited by some guy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

motley crue rule. i like vince neils voice, he may not be a great singer but he just sounds really distinctive. why doesnt anyone ever mention mick mars in motley crue discussions? he wasnt a great guitarist but he was the one who wrote and played all their killer riffs that make the songs so good and some of his solos were pretty good aswell not great though. the fact that he can still play guitar well even though he has some serious spine condition is pretty amazing. mars seems like the izzy stradlin of motley crue. he made big contributions to the songs but he was the quiet guy who stood in the back but was still badass

There's no Crue without Mick Mars.

wooo! gonna see em today! :D

hope they play wild side and dr feeeeeeeeeeelgood! rock1 rock3

They played them yesterday. I had seats but the whole section was standing during the whole show and singing along. The show was great but Vince Neil sounded terrible imo, from the recordings I've heard he sounded pretty good in the 80's but last night he sounded like shit. But I had a great time and after a while I didn't pay too much attention to his voice. The rest of the band was great though. I felt really sorry for Mick since it was quite obvious that he barely could move. He moved around the stage 2-3 times during the show and after when they were thanking the audience and was gonna bow he couldn't even make it halfway down and he only got as far as he did because Vince pressed him down and after that he walked away like an eighty-year old. But I thought he was great during the show and played really well. The songs they played were if I remember correctly:

Dr. Feelgood

Kickstart My Heart

Primal Scream

Home Sweet Home

Louder Than Hell

Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Shout At The Devil

Wild Side

Live Wire

Anarchy In The UK

Sick Love Song

Girls Girls Girls

Same Ol' Situation

Looks That Kill

Not in this order though, and I might've forgot one or two. Great show although I wish they had played Too Young To Fall In Love and removed Anarchy In The UK and played Helter Skelter instead. Nikki and Mick are really fuckin' cool.

Oh, and the sound wasn't particularly good, at times it was hard to make out the riffs.

Edited by izzystradlin'