Robin Finck is the shit!!

axlrose4eva

Last nites concert was amazing! Robin tore the place apart wit his amazing solos and awesome riffs..he is sooo great and doesnt det alot of credit on this forum so c'mon show some luv

Yep, yep. Finck is the shit. Too bad he doesn't get to play songs he has participated in writing very often. What....one, two, maybe three songs per setlist? Sad, sad, sad. He gets relegated to playing Slash and Izzy's old material. I hope this band is just sitting on an incredible back-catalogue of material that they are going to unleash all at once. But what the hell is the likelihood of that?

Last nites concert was amazing! Robin tore the place apart wit his amazing solos and awesome riffs..he is sooo great and doesnt det alot of credit on this forum so c'mon show some luv

Yep, yep. Finck is the shit. Too bad he doesn't get to play songs he has participated in writing very often. What....one, two, maybe three songs per setlist? Sad, sad, sad. He gets relegated to playing Slash and Izzy's old material. I hope this band is just sitting on an incredible back-catalogue of material that they are going to unleash all at once. But what the hell is the likelihood of that?

ya i hear ya man but dam he does tear up the new shit when they do play it and wut i think is that these shows they are doing are ganna be this way until Chinese Democracy is relesed and once it is the tour will really be the Chinese Democracy tour. They'll probably open wit Chinese Democracy and do all the new songs once thay happens all we need is the album...ya ya b4 anyone says anything.. I know but hopefull its coming out this time..haha

Everything Ive heard from Finck covering the old material hasnt always sat well with me, he tries to mix his choppy style in with these classic songs and honestly I think it all sounds like shit. But the stuff he has written is quite good, Im sure that if CD is ever released he'll be a huge highlight of it.

Everything Ive heard from Finck covering the old material hasnt always sat well with me, he tries to mix his choppy style in with these classic songs and honestly I think it all sounds like shit. But the stuff he has written is quite good, Im sure that if CD is ever released he'll be a huge highlight of it.

Agreed 100%.

Agreed 100%.

In regards to his style with the old material : it works very well with some, but not for all... but it doesn't sound absolutely dreadful as some members make it out to be.

With the new material he's a man possessed, he gets full marks from me on those!

Finck just plays the solos that Slash and Buckethead composed. WTF is so special about him? He's a TABTARD. When it comes to improvisation he can't even play in the correct key. Prove me wrong. I'd like to get into him, I'll be seeing the band next Sunday.

Finck just plays the solos that Slash and Buckethead composed. WTF is so special about him? He's a TABTARD. When it comes to improvisation he can't even play in the correct key. Prove me wrong. I'd like to get into him, I'll be seeing the band next Sunday.

dood i saw the band last nite and after sunday ull feel the same way trust me its a totally different thing when ur there in front of him and u see the passion he plays wit and wut songs are u talkin about that buckethead compossed??

I do not doubt he's a good session player, I saw him with NIN back in '99 and he kicked ass. Buckethead has composed the leads on most of the new leaks: Better, IRS, TWAT,and Madagascar. Finck does a good job of playing the Better solo though.

Edited by mcmurray

I do not doubt he's a good session player, I saw him with NIN back in '99 and he kicked ass. Buckethead has composed the leads on most of the new leaks: Better, IRS, TWAT,and Madagascar. Finck does a good job of playing the Better solo though.

hmm ya i knew bucket did the lead on madagascar but i think finck made the one for irs. and better..

hmm ya i knew bucket did the lead on madagascar but i think finck made the one for irs. and better..

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

wasnt better done in 06 and buckethead left whay in 04?? how do u know all that anyway??

Incorrect.

wasnt better done in 06 and buckethead left whay in 04?? how do u know all that anyway??

Use your ears!!! If you're familiar with an artists style of playing, you can easily identify who plays what.

Axl has said that better was composed by Robin... and eventually when we get CD in our hands, we'll see some major titles lined with Finck's name in the writing credits. Madagascar, IRS, and TWAT, the Blues, etc. were all composed before the great arrival of Buckethead. Don't get me wrong Buckethead is a great guitarist ... but the structures / foundations were allready in place for the material you posted Buckethead making.

Incorrect.

Use your ears!!! If you're familiar with an artists style of playing, you can easily identify who plays what.

shit man my ears here wut sounds like buckethead on the first solo for better((the one ron plays)) but u didnt answer my question. bucket left in 04 and better was done in 06 right

Axl has said that better was composed by Robin... and eventually when we get CD in our hands, we'll see some major titles lined with Finck's name in the writing credits. Madagascar, IRS, and TWAT, the Blues, etc. were all composed before the great arrival of Buckethead. Don't get me wrong Buckethead is a great guitarist ... but the structures / foundations were allready in place for the material you posted Buckethead making.

I said Buckethead composed the solos not the songs or song structure.

Incorrect.

shit man my ears here wut sounds like buckethead on the first solo for better((the one ron plays)) but u didnt answer my question. bucket left in 04 and better was done in 06 right

I would guess 'Better' along with all the other new songs had been started before the year 2000. After all, this album has been a work in progress since the mid 90's. Where did you hear 'Better' was done in 06?

Incorrect.

I would guess 'Better' along with all the other new songs had been started before the year 2000. After all, this album has been a work in progress since the mid 90's. Where did you hear 'Better' was done in 06?

i think it was on wikipedea or some gnr site that i read that but cant really say 4 sure

Incorrect.

That's your fucking problem! You 'guess' too much!!! You should make statements based on facts, not on 'guesses'. Nobody knows who wrote what untill we can check the credits as soon as CD is released, except for Better which is a Robin song as Axl stated.

By the way, Finck is the shit!!! Saw him live last year in Nijmegen, and he owned the place!!!!! Wait till you see him live before judging.

Edited by Roy79

Incorrect.

i think it was on wikipedea or some gnr site that i read that but cant really say 4 sure

It obviously wasn't a demo from 2006 - don't believe everything you read on random websites, particuarly ones that ANYONE CAN EDIT.

And stop speaking in text speak, it is irritating.