The Seven Ages of Rock

murray_TH

[ I've had a search around and couldn't find any other threads ]

Anyone been watching this?

It's really rather good.

EDIT: This weeks episode is covering Stadium Rock, so I'm hoping for a bit of GNR in there... anyone looking for this on rapidshare... P.M....

Edited by murray_TH

I've seen most of them but it seems there is going to be/has been one with Pete Docherty in it. Will that be the episode where they point out where rock music has had the term "rock" raped and ruined to what it has become today?

Quite.

I've seen most of them but it seems there is going to be/has been one with Pete Docherty in it. Will that be the episode where they point out where rock music has had the term "rock" raped and ruined to what it has become today?

Well, the last one will be about the stage of Rock which started with Oasis and has now turned into an army of shit indie bands. Its a bloody shame.

The documentary is utter bollocks. Instead of a coherent account of the ideas and phenomenon that encompass whatever genre is being covered, three or four bands are focused on (probably the only interviews they could get were scraps from those bands), and the show goes off on pointless tangents for far too long. Last week there was about ten minutes just talking about Metallica's hiring of Bob Rock.

The documentary is utter bollocks. Instead of a coherent account of the ideas and phenomenon that encompass whatever genre is being covered, three or four bands are focused on (probably the only interviews they could get were scraps from those bands), and the show goes off on pointless tangents for far too long. Last week there was about ten minutes just talking about Metallica's hiring of Bob Rock.

And I don't think they even mentioned Cliff Burton's death.

And I don't think they even mentioned Cliff Burton's death.

Funny. When I intially posted I'd only seen two of the episodes.

You're right, they have kind of stuck with the obvious and it's all a bit vague and lacking any great depth.

Still worth a watch though I think.