The Evanescence Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're ok, but I haven't really heard anything other than the hits

there's this one song though, which I caught once, I don't remember where, which blew me away, Tourniquet or something - fucking great track

oh, and Amy Lee looks astounishing! :wub:

Tourniquet is good, but My favorite is My Last Breath.

they're ok, but I haven't really heard anything other than the hits

there's this one song though, which I caught once, I don't remember where, which blew me away, Tourniquet or something - fucking great track

oh, and Amy Lee looks astounishing! :wub:

Tourniquet is good, but My favorite is My Last Breath.

Me too! Love My Last Breath (Although partially cause its Christian's theme song.)

That song and Everybody's Fool are the best they've produced

i heard one song, seen one video...the same one. i just, i dont know it just seemed to me to just not be very good at all. wake me up inside da da da da da (not being funny, i dont know the words) save me from the nothing i've become? anyways, it just seemed customed designed for that fringe 14 yr old not weird enough to listen to REALLY alternative music girl but left of centre enough within a comfy middle class suburban household weird enough to by listen to this song and watch this video and feel suitably marginalised but not so much that she might get up and do something about it. (quite a fucking judgement from watching one music video in passing). it just seemed so god awful and trite and so well aimed, record industry hawks are fucking marksmen when it comes to insulting a young persons intelligence. i'm not usually one to slag something and im trying to give like, constructive criticism but i just REALLY didnt like it. can't say a lot more. seemed terribly fake and put me off the band totally. mind you, my judgements aint based on squat cept one video so hey.

Edited by ffrankwhite

She has a cool voice, I liked all the singles from their first album I think it was.

But I wouldn't bother looking into them.

By the way...I figured that you were a girl because you were such a big Evanescence fan, do you get that a lot? :huh:

Oh im a big fan i was soo obsessed with Amy Lee when they came out that i even dyed my hair black :lol:.

I love their music and their videos they are an awesome visual band My Immortal is gorgeous so as Going Under,the Fallen album was perfect all the songs are great and everybody can relate to them i think that's why i had so much success Amy's lyrics are brilliant so honest you can feel her pain and sadness which is beautiful, she's great performer her voice is amazing. I hate to say that The Open Door was a bit of a let down to me, i was expecting something else but still has some good songs.. Tourniquet, Hello,Haunted and My last breath are some of my fave. rock1

Edited by nathalie92

Love them. Open door is a brilliant album

and amy lee...is just........... :heart:

Exactly/.

She has a cool voice, I liked all the singles from their first album I think it was.

But I wouldn't bother looking into them.

By the way...I figured that you were a girl because you were such a big Evanescence fan, do you get that a lot? :huh:

yeah.

Love them. I prefer their acoustic performances more than their studio stuff though. Just an acoustic guitar and Amy Lee's voice or piano and Amy Lee's voice = amazing.

I love some of their acoustic songs, but some of there songs would be bad if they went acoustic, I mean look at KoRn, good band until the last album.

Oh im a big fan i was soo obsessed with Amy Lee when they came out that i even dyed my hair black :lol:.

I love their music and their videos they are an awesome visual band My Immortal is gorgeous so as Going Under,the Fallen album was perfect all the songs are great and everybody can relate to them i think that's why i had so much success Amy's lyrics are brilliant so honest you can feel her pain and sadness which is beautiful, she's great performer her voice is amazing. I hate to say that The Open Door was a bit of a let down to me, i was expecting something else but still has some good songs.. Tourniquet, Hello,Haunted and My last breath are some of my fave. rock1

I agree with you about everything but Haunted, I belive it to be ev's second worst song.I belive weight of the world could be like the "my world" of GnR.