The Evanescence Thread

He evenly balanced Amy Lee's melodies and themes and kept her wildest ideas under control. The band has nearly no integrity left, it's a faux democracy driven by Amy Lee. This can be great at some moments, but when your bending an entire band to your will and songwriting style, you should go solo. Clams to fame be damned.

That said I'm on the waiting list for Ben Moody's solo album. Should be killer.

I know! I was pissed when it did not come out last year.

And I think that Amy should take a solo carrear, but I don't think she wants to, and it's just gonna run the band into the ground.

Oh wait that already happend.

But you also have to keep in mind that Ben was not the best person to be around because the whole time they were on the Fallen tour, Ben was Bipolar and nobody knew about it and so he would be really irrataeing, and make everybody mad.

and as for the John LeCompt getting fired was because he was "only in it for the money" is a really stupid reason to fire a good band member. And Rocky Grey Quit/ fired(IDK) either like LeCompt only in it for the money, or quit because LeCompt got fired.

But I mean at a Ev concert, you could switch the rest of the band five times in one song and nobody would notice, it's all about Amy anymore.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He evenly balanced Amy Lee's melodies and themes and kept her wildest ideas under control. The band has nearly no integrity left, it's a faux democracy driven by Amy Lee. This can be great at some moments, but when your bending an entire band to your will and songwriting style, you should go solo. Clams to fame be damned.

And I think that Amy should take a solo carrear, but I don't think she wants to, and it's just gonna run the band into the ground.

But you also have to keep in mind that Ben was not the best person to be around because the whole time they were on the Fallen tour, Ben was Bipolar and nobody knew about it and so he would be really irrataeing, and make everybody mad.

and as for the John LeCompt getting fired was because he was "only in it for the money" is a really stupid reason to fire a good band member. And Rocky Grey Quit/ fired(IDK) either like LeCompt only in it for the money, or quit because LeCompt got fired.

But I mean at a Ev concert, you could switch the rest of the band five times in one song and nobody would notice, it's all about Amy anymore.

i'll tell you why

because amy lee is a great live character she makes for a great show with her mix of vocals, sex, and pure emotion

on the record you don't get that because of production and lack of visual

so her ideas don't hold weight without moody and lecompt

simply put, evanescense is amy lee solo

i'll tell you why

because amy lee is a great live character she makes for a great show with her mix of vocals, sex, and pure emotion

on the record you don't get that because of production and lack of visual

so her ideas don't hold weight without moody and lecompt

simply put, evanescense is amy lee solo

Yet LeCompt only co-wrote two songs... and Balsalmo just sucks, he is the dizzy reed of ev.

They're a band I don't mind, I've never heard a song I've hated, I wouldn't turn 'em off but I wouldn't buy one of their albums either ya know

Fallen was really solid, but The Open Door was not worth buying, IMO. But I am looking forward to Moody's solo album and Amy should make one as well.

Fallen is one of my favorite albums. Tourniquet is one of my favorite songs of all time.

The Open Door was really disappointing... the loss of Ben Moody was really felt. I mean, it was a good album, but compared to Fallen? ... *sigh*

I also await Ben Moody's album.

Fallen is one of my favorite albums. Tourniquet is one of my favorite songs of all time.

The Open Door was really disappointing... the loss of Ben Moody was really felt. I mean, it was a good album, but compared to Fallen? ... *sigh*

I also await Ben Moody's album.

Yeah I was dissapointed as well, but I got the album because I pre ordered it.I would say out of the 13 tracks only three are sinlge quality, and another another two great tracks, and then two good tracks, but there is some God awful shit as well.

Here is another reason why Amy Lee freaking rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTA5AUn2zmE

lithium?? *cries* *goes all old testament* this was my fathers house and you've turned it into a den of thieves!!! :rolleyes:

What exactly are you saying :question:

im saying leave nirvana songs alone (if its that Lithium) covers make me weep. covers of nirvana.

It's probably this song Frankie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4aiH0AiXBE

if its not the nirvana one i apologise, i dont have speakers or a sound thingie :) looking back, my comments must've looked pretty fucking stupid if it aint the nirvana one huh? :lol:

Yeah I was kinda like wow... because Ev has only had two good covers IMO a acoustic Heart Shaped Box and Zero.

Evanescence sucked at Download. Didn't even play My Immortal (one of the few songs of their I like).

I Agree, they totally sucked.

Amy's vocals were really bad, it sounded like she was in pain or something.

And the new crap touring members from "Dark New Day" suck really badly.

Same result at Rock am Ring this year too, so they need to get better band members and Amy Needs a break to cool her pipes down.

But My Immortal is the one song She HATES, and I have noticed that she has taken it out of her set for awhile.And in the "Your Star" video she said she did not want to play it.

Well I can't speak for Amy, but some people just have to get stuff off there chest and the song was the way she expressed it.

I find it funny that he thinks that the only reason people whould by the new album is because of a refference to her in it! :rofl-lol:

CMWYS, Going Under, My Immortal and Bring Me To Life very good tracks but are the only ones Ive heard. Evanescence are like GNR minus 12 years or so, coz they keep having lineup changes too :P

they do have some good songs you wanna check out Fallen album and get it

CMWYS, Going Under, My Immortal and Bring Me To Life very good tracks but are the only ones Ive heard. Evanescence are like GNR minus 12 years or so, coz they keep having lineup changes too :P

they do have some good songs you wanna check out Fallen album and get it

Fallen is a solid album, it's the best they probably will ever have unless Ben Moody joins the band again.

Because all the guitars on The Open Door just play around what she is singing, so there is no guitar solos except the one on Lacrymosa, and it sucks. But there are still good songs on the album like Sweet Sacrifice, CMWYS, Lithium, Snow White Queen, The Only One and Your Star.