Zeitgeist reviews???

Carne_asaDA

Does anybody have any?? I have not heard the CD but I have heard the streaming on spinner.com. I'd say it's a pretty solid CD but not as good as I expected. I'm not a big Smashing Pumpkins guy but I like Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie. Not so much their later stuff.

Oh dear....they're not good at all I'm afraid. :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_%28...mpkins_album%29

They're pretty savage. The stunt with multiple editions is also ridiculous.

VR kind of did the same thing though.

You mean with the tour editions and different bonus tracks in different countries? It's annoying but expected. However, it's not as farcical as different versions for different stores (how's a foreign fan meant to get hold of those?) and different versions on iTunes in different countries which is especially aggravating given iTunes won't let you shop on foreign sites. It's a blatant, shameless cash-in regardless of the album's quality.

I biked three miles to get this album today and I have to say it's really good. It doesn't get the reviews it deserves. AllMusic bashed Corgan because it didn't have all the original members (which they'll probably do the same if Axl releases Chinese Democracy) but I really like this album.

Zeitgeist is a more heavier album. If you like the softer Pumpkins, you may not like it as much. Great album though. :)

I biked three miles to get this album today and I have to say it's really good. It doesn't get the reviews it deserves. AllMusic bashed Corgan because it didn't have all the original members

I'm glad D'arcy and the asian are gone, they were fucking useless. Corgan and Chamberlin are the band, Corgan does all the guitar, lyrics and vocals and Jimmy drives it with his all class drumming.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm glad D'arcy and the asian are gone, they were fucking useless. Corgan and Chamberlin are the band, Corgan does all the guitar, lyrics and vocals and Jimmy drives it with his all class drumming.

ah no way man.d'arcy was sexy and a cool novelty for being a girl back then.i liked her solos.i think its funny that corgan replaced her with a girl! also, james iha has got to be the coolest asian going.he always had great hair and he looked really musical. thats why he was cool. but you are right...billy and chamberlain are the shit...but how is this "smashing pumpkins" different from zwan???i don't get it!

I absolutely love this new album though!unreal!now i'm waiting for the new metallica and guns n roses albums!yipee!

I bought it this morning and I like it.

I know I'm not supposed to ask, but does anyone have the bonus tracks "Stellar" and "Zeitgeist"?

EDIT

Never mind. I found them online.

How are those bonus tracks??

The main issue has 12 tracks.

Best Buy has the bonus track "Death From Above".

iTunes has the bonus track "Stellar".

Target has the bonus track "Zeitgeist".

That's how they're bonus tracks.

I bought it this morning and I like it.

I know I'm not supposed to ask, but does anyone have the bonus tracks "Stellar" and "Zeitgeist"?

EDIT

Never mind. I found them online.

How are those bonus tracks??

The main issue has 12 tracks.

Best Buy has the bonus track "Death From Above".

iTunes has the bonus track "Stellar".

Target has the bonus track "Zeitgeist".

That's how they're bonus tracks.

What I meant was...........How are they?? Are they good or not?? :lol:

Eh.

I'm a big Pumpkins fan, but Zeitgeist only has about 3-4 songs that I can safely say I enjoy. The rest is just droning, monotonous and severely lacking the spirit that made the Pumpkins such a wonderful band.

I picked up the Zwan album recently, and it blows Zeitgeist away in every respect - To the point that I'm starting to think Billy should've just let the Pumpkins fade gloriously into memory and reignited Zwan instead.

Anyway, Zeitgeist isn't a total loss: Doomsday Clock, That's the Way, Neverlost, Come On, For God and Country, and the title track all range from good to great. Everything else is pretty uninspired.

I'd give it a generous C.