Linkin Park to tour Aus

Dead Flower

According to Undercover News, LINKIN PARK will return to Australia for the third time in October, this time in support of the band's third album, "Minutes To Midnight". As a very special treat for fans, they're bringing with them Chris Cornell, who was last in Australia as frontman for AUDIOSLAVE. The dates are as follows:

Oct. 12 - Vektor Arena, Auckland, New Zealand

Oct. 14 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia

Oct. 16 - Entertainment Centre, Adelaide, Australia

Oct. 18 - Burswood Dome, Perth, Australia

Oct. 20 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney, Australia

Oct. 22 - Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

All shows are $99.90 and go on sale at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, August 6.

Link

Hmm, not a huge Linkin Park fan (don't hate 'em, though) but I think I will be attending.

Anyone know what sort of setlist Cornell does with his solo shows these days?

Edited by Dead Flower

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DF, saw him a few weeks back in Chicago at a small club(Juliette & The Licks opened).

Great show, setlist was:

Let Me Drown

Outshined

Show Me How to Live

Out of Exile

No Such Thing

Say Hello to Heaven

Wave Goodbye

What You Are

Rusty Cage

Doesn't Remind Me

Cochise

Spoonman

Safe and Sound

Be Yourself

J.C.P.

My Wave

Sunshower

Black Hole Sun

Shitty quality clip of BHS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJgzGm2Fhc

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Wow, not short on older material. Oh well, that's fine with me, because I reckon his new solo album is kinda average. That setlist looks pretty damn tasty.

And he's shirtless in that clip you posted. Now I definitely have to go. :confused:

Edited by Dead Flower

Wow, not short on older material.

Figured you'd like that since you prefer his older stuff(who doesn't?).

What was surprising, but not overly disappointing was he didn't play 2 out of the 3 singles from Carry On(You Know My Name and Arms Around Your Love). He seems to be mixing it up ALOT on this tour, though, so who knows what you'll get.

Definitely go see him, he sounded great...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Yeah, I know he's done Slaves & Bulldozers a few times. With such a huge back catalogue of material, I guess he's just keeping it fresh and different every night.

Linkin Park should be opening for Chris Cornell :huh:

Album sales would suggest otherwise. But, yeah, I'll be going mainly for Cornell. Will definitely stick around to see what Linkin Park are capable of live, though. I bought Hybrid Theory back when I was young whippersnapper, and have kinda kept a close eye on their latest album.

Edited by Dead Flower

Damn, it seems such an insult to Chris Cornell to open for them.

Oh well, at least Linkin Park fans will be able to listen to proper music beforehand.

I saw Chris in June, opening for Aerosmith, and it was great. In fact, I preferred him to Aerosmith.

Hmm, not a huge Linkin Park fan (don't hate 'em, though) but I think I will be attending.

I do hate them, i hate them with a passion, lol. So i guess i wont be attending.

haha you sound like one of those people here in Estonia,who said that they won't ever visit Estonias extreme metal festival if a mainstream band headlined :P

I do hate them, i hate them with a passion, lol. So i guess i wont be attending.

haha you sound like one of those people here in Estonia,who said that they won't ever visit Estonias extreme metal festival if a mainstream band headlined :P

How so?

What the fuck is this shit? A rock icon opening for a shitty new band?

That is unbelievably embarassing, and I don't think Cornell has really much respect for himself then, if he agreed to this. Linkin Parks new album was the worst album I've seriously ever heard. 43minutes of my life thrown to waste.

How so?

because there is a band you like ,but you won't be seeing them,because there is a band you dont like aswell

How so?

because there is a band you like ,but you won't be seeing them,because there is a band you dont like aswell

Im not a fan of chris cornell either man, i think hes boring as batshit. I think you got the right stick but the wrong end dude.

How so?

Im not a fan of chris cornell either man, i think hes boring as batshit. I think you got the right stick but the wrong end dude.

ups,my bad :drevil:

Well I'll say it again, bring up GNR on a LP fan site and GNR will get trashed.

LP are a good band, all 3 proper albums released were very good. Yeah it's all opinion, but I'm not going to hate them because it's a cool thing to do on a rival site. LP don't get the credit they deserve.

Cornell opening for LP... indeed different, but not a bad marketing technique.