Linkin Park to tour Aus

Dead Flower

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 bucks for tickets...well atleast Linkin Park deserves this pricetag,unlike some other performers

the only way Linkin Park deserves a pricetag of 100 is if there is an -, in front.

thats strange,i was thinking about the same thing ,only with Stones or Dylan performing

thats strange,i was thinking about the same thing ,only with Stones or Dylan performing

Please tell me, right here and now: why do you think Stones and Dylan suck?

Dylan is folk music,I simply don't like folk music

and Stones,they say this band is a tough rock band,these guys sound how shall I say,limp :D. Maybe there are better albums they made in the 80's or 90's,but Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers make Foreigner sound like ACDC

pluss nowadays,Rock N Roll Cemetary should really have better guards,these guys keep getting out and going on tour

Well I'll say it again, bring up GNR on a LP fan site and GNR will get trashed.

LP are a good band, all 3 proper albums released were very good. Yeah it's all opinion, but I'm not going to hate them because it's a cool thing to do on a rival site. LP don't get the credit they deserve.

Cornell opening for LP... indeed different, but not a bad marketing technique.

Thank you for posting that, Leigh. Honestly, I don't understand the musical elitism around here. Is someone seriously a moron for not liking the same music as you? Of course, my opinion will probably be void, since I saw Linkin Park a couple days ago and loved them - they put on an awesome show, and were the gateway band for getting me into more stuff, like GNR. I quite like the Cornell/LP idea myself.

Yeh maybe, but linkin park have matured alot as musicians with the new album. They have probably lost some fans but gained alot more.

You're right, it's a far more mature album. I think they'll pick up more fans than they lose with it. Unfortunately for them, some people still cling on to the Linkin Park at broke into the music industry, they've evolved.

Yeh maybe, but linkin park have matured alot as musicians with the new album. They have probably lost some fans but gained alot more.

You're right, it's a far more mature album. I think they'll pick up more fans than they lose with it. Unfortunately for them, some people still cling on to the Linkin Park at broke into the music industry, they've evolved.

I really dug the first album, didn't listen to the second one. I really expected that they've matured judging from the single, but oh hell no. They just didn't. Every song on the new album is hideous.

Sorry mate, I don't see how anyone can like Minutes to Midnight, it was just a lousy attempt. I really wish it was better, I do.

I really dug the first album, didn't listen to the second one. I really expected that they've matured judging from the single, but oh hell no. They just didn't. Every song on the new album is hideous.

Sorry mate, I don't see how anyone can like Minutes to Midnight, it was just a lousy attempt. I really wish it was better, I do.

Opinion accepted. I think they did well creating an album like MTM, they wanted to come across more raw, which they achieved. They've even mixed things up with a few ballad-like songs, which was interesting on a satisfying level. Listen to the song In Pieces, it's some song... a crescendo if you will.

According to Undercover News, LINKIN PARK will return to Australia for the third time in October, this time in support of the band's third album, "Minutes To Midnight". As a very special treat for fans, they're bringing with them Chris Cornell, who was last in Australia as frontman for AUDIOSLAVE. The dates are as follows:

Oct. 12 - Vektor Arena, Auckland, New Zealand

Oct. 14 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia

Oct. 16 - Entertainment Centre, Adelaide, Australia

Oct. 18 - Burswood Dome, Perth, Australia

Oct. 20 - Entertainment Centre, Sydney, Australia

Oct. 22 - Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia

All shows are $99.90 and go on sale at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, August 6.

Link

Hmm, not a huge Linkin Park fan (don't hate 'em, though) but I think I will be attending.

Not a huge Linkin Park fan myself,don't own any of their stuff and don't care to.

But I'll say this...I saw them on the Metallica tour and they were actually very good live.I can't knock them for that.And they were playing to a tough crowd too.Metallica fans don't let other bands off easy.

But they held their own.The people I was with said the same thing,they had to give them props for a good live show.

You'll probably have a good time at the show.

Please tell me, right here and now: why do you think Stones and Dylan suck?

Dylan is folk music,I simply don't like folk music

and Stones,they say this band is a tough rock band,these guys sound how shall I say,limp :D. Maybe there are better albums they made in the 80's or 90's,but Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers make Foreigner sound like ACDC

pluss nowadays,Rock N Roll Cemetary should really have better guards,these guys keep getting out and going on tour

If you think Dylan is folk music I suggest you get your hands on Live 1966 (disc 2) and Live 1975...some of the best live Rock and Roll music ever recorded. And Can't You Hear Me Knockin off Sticky Fingers makes Foreigner and AC/DC sound like amateurs. Listen to Get Yer ya Yas Out sometime.