Vote for GNR against The Beatles

gnrkoncerti

Not getting in this gnr v. beatles debate. Truth is nothing about the beatles has ever excited me. The Rolling Stones wipe the beatles off the floor.

And trust me, had Jagger or Richards died instead of Lennon in a high point in their career, and The Stones stopped making music, and Lennon survived and the beatles were still around, the tables would totally be turned right now. Everyone would be all over the Stones instead of the Beatles.

The trick is die in your prime, and your legacy will always stay in your prime.

Couldn't agree more, really.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't say gnr was better than the beatles. i said some line-ups are. and i stand by that, based on their musicianship. could nugnr play every song the beatles did? easily. probably with 8 of their 16 hands tied behind their backs. could george harrison play bumblefoot's solo in shackler's revenge? could ringo do all brain's fills from TWAT? could john lennon sing the high notes in this i love?

try not to take it personally. the beatles were an amazing band for fifty years ago. times change and music progresses.

Finally a member with balls on this forum. Thank you for being here and enjoy your stay.

Totally SPOT ON.

Beatles had a huge influence, I'm not taking anything away from them. But I never listen to Beatles songs nowadays. Why, you ask? Because it's fucking boring, there's absolutely nothing going on musically compared to GNR. GNR have the attitude, and the music.

GNR wins. I vote GNR.

And if a band older than GNR should win the title for best rock band ever, it'd be Queen. And in their own musical genre, Pink Floyd are the best.

1. GNR

1. Queen

1. Pink Floyd

Then the rest, and frankly I don't care much about the order.

Lol at some of the matches.

U2 vs. Korn?

Metallica vs. Jefferson Airplane?

Rolling Stones vs. Blink 182?

Led Zeppelin vs. Nicelback?

I would love for Guns N' Roses to win, but some people have got to be reasonable. The Beatles will probably win the whole thing, as they should.

The Beatles are the best group of all time. They influenced countless bands, have many, many great song's, and were a part of pop culture. Everybody's know's who they are. If you think The Beatles are overrated or another gloyified boy band, you need you head examined. There would be so many band's not here today if it wasnt for The Beatles.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

i didn't say gnr was better than the beatles. i said some line-ups are. and i stand by that, based on their musicianship. could nugnr play every song the beatles did? easily. probably with 8 of their 16 hands tied behind their backs. could george harrison play bumblefoot's solo in shackler's revenge? could ringo do all brain's fills from TWAT? could john lennon sing the high notes in this i love?

try not to take it personally. the beatles were an amazing band for fifty years ago. times change and music progresses.

That's a valid point, the main reason for DragonForce being the best band ever :confused:

Finally a member with balls on this forum. Thank you for being here and enjoy your stay.

Totally SPOT ON.

Beatles had a huge influence, I'm not taking anything away from them. But I never listen to Beatles songs nowadays. Why, you ask? Because it's fucking boring, there's absolutely nothing going on musically compared to GNR. GNR have the attitude, and the music.

GNR wins. I vote GNR.

And if a band older than GNR should win the title for best rock band ever, it'd be Queen. And in their own musical genre, Pink Floyd are the best.

1. GNR

1. Queen

1. Pink Floyd

Then the rest, and frankly I don't care much about the order.

Bullshit. Listen to 1967 onwards.

The rest however, I agree.

In my eyes, Queen are above everyone.

And trust me, had Jagger or Richards died instead of Lennon in a high point in their career, and The Stones stopped making music, and Lennon survived and the beatles were still around, the tables would totally be turned right now. Everyone would be all over the Stones instead of the Beatles.

yeah maybe but thats not how things went down. The beatles parted 10 years before lennon died and they had been living legends by that time already. lennon was out of focus too because he decided too raise his son and was about to start a come back when he was shot. It wasnt like Jimi Hendrx or Kurt Cobain dying in their prime.

Not even on here did think I'd find the level of cuntary to actually argue that GNR are better than the beatles! :lol:

Your argument? Because GNR could play the beatles songs easily.... FFS.

There are several arguments here:

1. Would the beatles even wanna play GNR songs? Probably not, but I bet the opposite is true.

2. The Beatles songs we so good they didn't need 3 guitarists or shredding

3. Listen to the last 3/4 years and tell me there's nothing going on musically in the beatles.

4. Complexity does not equal good

5. Playing fast does not equal skill ful

6. Songwriting is the most important skill in being a great band

7. The Beatles changed the world

8. They released albums

9. They touched millions of people in every corner of the world and STILL do

10. The members were successful after the original band broke up

11. Generation after generation get as obsessed with them as the last

12. Their creativity is up there with anyone, and they evolved more than almost anyone...

I could go on all night.

And to the retard that said the beatles are boring, you wanna wait until your tiny balls have dropped before saying such stupid fucking things.

In fact I'm gonna stick the white album on. You've made me like Chinese Democracy a little bit less just from your ignorance.

yeah maybe but thats not how things went down. The beatles parted 10 years before lennon died and they had been living legends by that time already. lennon was out of focus too because he decided too raise his son and was about to start a come back when he was shot. It wasnt like Jimi Hendrx or Kurt Cobain dying in their prime.

Correct, and the Beatles knew when to stop. The beatles were always better than the stones that's why people are all over the beatles these days. It's nothing to do with lennons' death it's the legacy he and the others left behind.

Not even on here did think I'd find the level of cuntary to actually argue that GNR are better than the beatles! :lol:

Your argument? Because GNR could play the beatles songs easily.... FFS.

There are several arguments here:

1. Would the beatles even wanna play GNR songs? Probably not, but I bet the opposite is true.

2. The Beatles songs we so good they didn't need 3 guitarists or shredding

3. Listen to the last 3/4 years and tell me there's nothing going on musically in the beatles.

4. Complexity does not equal good

5. Playing fast does not equal skill ful

6. Songwriting is the most important skill in being a great band

7. The Beatles changed the world

8. They released albums

9. They touched millions of people in every corner of the world and STILL do

10. The members were successful after the original band broke up

11. Generation after generation get as obsessed with them as the last

12. Their creativity is up there with anyone, and they evolved more than almost anyone...

I could go on all night.

And to the retard that said the beatles are boring, you wanna wait until your tiny balls have dropped before saying such stupid fucking things.

In fact I'm gonna stick the white album on. You've made me like Chinese Democracy a little bit less just from your ignorance.

+ 1

:vomit:

I know the feeling. I felt the same way when i heard the "music" from $la$h'$ solo "album"

he should change his name to sonic cancer.

i wouldn't say that the old gnr line-up is better than the beatles, but i would say that the 2002, 2006 and 2008 line-ups of guns n' roses were better. there was just far more musical talent as the musicians were capable of doing so much more with their instruments than the guys in the beatles ever could have dreamed possible. if you think slash sucks at soloing because he plays the same few notes and can not finger tap, then try listening to george harrison or john lennon play. my kid brother could play those chords after his first few guitar lessons.

WOW!!!!!!!

You just said nuGNR is better than the Beatles....Let me just let that sink in........

I cant even begin to constuct a response to that for Im in shock.........

Hey look out the window.........There goes your credibility......

Beatles material is awesome to learn for beginners. I still have fun playin' certain songs but I think it's more a nostalgia thing. When I play their music people reconize it and sing along and everyone is happy.

Same can be said about GNR's old material....everyone knows it but muscally it is inferior to the new material.

:vomit:

I know the feeling. I felt the same way when i heard the "music" from $la$h'$ solo "album"

he should change his name to sonic cancer.

i wouldn't say that the old gnr line-up is better than the beatles, but i would say that the 2002, 2006 and 2008 line-ups of guns n' roses were better. there was just far more musical talent as the musicians were capable of doing so much more with their instruments than the guys in the beatles ever could have dreamed possible. if you think slash sucks at soloing because he plays the same few notes and can not finger tap, then try listening to george harrison or john lennon play. my kid brother could play those chords after his first few guitar lessons.

WOW!!!!!!!

You just said nuGNR is better than the Beatles....Let me just let that sink in........

Beatles material is awesome to learn for beginners. I still have fun playin' certain songs but I think it's more a nostalgia thing. When I play their music people reconize it and sing along and everyone is happy.

Same can be said about GNR's old material....everyone knows it but muscally it is inferior to the new material.

WOW!!!!!!!

So what if he did? It's his personal opinion afterall. You don't have the right to say it sucks. I hate when people says "Beatles are the greatest band ever, your taste in music is so ridicullous", how about respecting other people's opinions once for a change? Besides, he didn't say anything wrong: the beatles weren't known for their technique with the guitar anyway. Some people just don't like simple 3 chord songs, stop treating them like aliens or something like that simply because they don't share their music taste with you.

That's a valid point, the main reason for DragonForce being the best band ever :confused:

lmao, exaclty

Jesus that's got to be one of the most barinless things i've ever read... that's not even an opinion, just some dumb shit put together to form a parragraph

not questioning any member of GNR though....

Chewbaca:

u said my taste in music is ridiculous which totaly goes against your idea of letting people have their own opinion.

What's ridiculous is that nuGNR (2010) is better than the BEatles.

NuGNR(2010): hasn't released a record and hasn't even written a song together.

That's all. Everybody has an opinion and there's mine on the subject.

Three chord songs????

Have you listened to abbey road or the white album.?

Obviosly not or either you know nothing about music.

There's some of the best chord progressions and melodies ever.......

O and just bc the guitarist in the band has technique and plays fast doesn't make them a good band..... I'm sorry. That's just my ridiculous opinion again......

I used to know this guy who said that the Beatles make his head hurt...and he listened to techno/trance/house....so there are all kinds of people out there, whatever works for you...I love both the Beatles and Gn'R and they don't have that much common ground, besides featuring male musicians holding instruments, that they could be compared to each other, it's apples n' oranges, the Beatles would probably be an apple, ha! see what I did there, but anyhow, the Beatles were so diverse that it's mind-boggling, Gn'R is pretty diverse, they had their white album, but they never did anything like Sergeant Pepper, taking a wild ride into a totally unexplored territory, although from the production side CD kinda leans towards that...anyhow, as I said before, apples n' oranges, but to say that the beatles are boring is too ignorant, if you like rock music, you shouldn't find it boring, but then again there are techno-guys who apparently get headaches from 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', so who the fuck knows, maybe some people legitimately find them boring...