Chinese Democracy - $1.99

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty smart idea, getting rid of all the left over stock.

I see big albums selling for next to nothing all the time, plus it's not exclusive to best buy anymore right.

Might pick up 3 or 4 sometime this week. My 2 copies are worn out

Quoted for truth. Stop being haters.

Best Buy is in trouble, and they're trying to downsize. It's no surprise they're unloading stuff.

To be fair, CD did not sell as expected, and there's an overstock. The trick to it all, is it could have sold well had Axl chosen to promote it.

Exactly. Axl said in the chats that the rec company messed up and didn't follow thru on their promises re promo. I understand that for larger scale things but why couldn't Axl and the band done a round of radio interviews? I'm sure Eddie Trunk would of had him back on! I can't see how it was that complicated that he couldn't do one single interview or bit of promo himself. How can the company restrict him from doing any simple thing? I'm not informed on this btw

I guess because the record company didn't live up to their side of the deal, he thought why should he?

If that's the case, I agree, why should he work his ass off promoting the record to make them a bunch of money, when they obviously didn't give a fuck. Axl obviously isn't suffering from lack of money, or he'd have been forced, by his own situation, to get out there and promote it.

I think it was tactical, if they weren't going to help him he wasn't going to help them.

which people can get for free off of Youtube or torrent files.

Only a small amount of people actually do that when compared to the bigger population. CD didn't sell so they're getting rid of their inventory.

We all know why Chidem wasn't promoted,between promises of "monumental Promotions" and Azoff doing his utmost trying to undercut this album in hopes of a reunion that did not happen,GNR was betrayed and lied to,the damn approved booklet wasn't even issued,and the cardboard tower was hardly monumental,a lot of ill will went on behind the scenes,but it takes nothing away from ChiDem being a great Album, Exile on Main Street was initially dismissed by the all-knowing press as well,besides I picked up an Eagles compilation,Blizzard of Ozz,Kansas,ELO,and many more good fucking albums at the same price,the music industry is sinking,and obviously not aware that the Artists,they mistreat are actually necessary for their income.

Best Buy is in trouble, and they're trying to downsize. It's no surprise they're unloading stuff.

To be fair, CD did not sell as expected, and there's an overstock. The trick to it all, is it could have sold well had Axl chosen to promote it.

Exactly. Axl said in the chats that the rec company messed up and didn't follow thru on their promises re promo. I understand that for larger scale things but why couldn't Axl and the band done a round of radio interviews? I'm sure Eddie Trunk would of had him back on! I can't see how it was that complicated that he couldn't do one single interview or bit of promo himself. How can the company restrict him from doing any simple thing? I'm not informed on this btw

I guess because the record company didn't live up to their side of the deal, he thought why should he?

If that's the case, I agree, why should he work his ass off promoting the record to make them a bunch of money, when they obviously didn't give a fuck. Axl obviously isn't suffering from lack of money, or he'd have been forced, by his own situation, to get out there and promote it.

I think it was tactical, if they weren't going to help him he wasn't going to help them.

Yes, I agree.

Maybe the record company and Azoff didn't help matter's at all. Sure, it one of the msot anticapted album;s of all time, but a cardboard stand in the mddle of an isle isn't much promotion of the company's side of thing.

I remember when Black Ice was comming out a few year's ago, it ws everywhere, poster's, TV commerical's. It was all over Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target. I hardly saw the same promotion. Just a cardboard box in the isle.

Maybe the contersuit was right? Maybe Axl was being tricked and fooled by Azoff during the release of Chinese Democracy. It's obviously the had the Best Buy exclusive to get money, but it didn't help amtter's, but hurt the sales. For 1 thing, it sohuld've been released in market's all over, not just one store with one cardboard box each.

Maybe Azoff did strongarm Axl into the release, but completely fucked up on the booklet, promotion, and everything else, including a tour. Remember the counter-suit when it mentioned that GN'R were supposed to tour during the summer of '09, but they were told to stay becuase Azoff was working on a Van Halen/GNR supertour that was never finalized (or was he working on it at all?) They then began the tour without managment in late '09.

That is very true, if the record company wasn't willing to do much at all, and their mannger was trying to fuck him form behind to force Axl into a reunion, then why should Axl care?

Yes, I agree.

Maybe the record company and Azoff didn't help matter's at all. Sure, it one of the msot anticapted album;s of all time, but a cardboard stand in the mddle of an isle isn't much promotion of the company's side of thing.

I remember when Black Ice was comming out a few year's ago, it ws everywhere, poster's, TV commerical's. It was all over Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target. I hardly saw the same promotion. Just a cardboard box in the isle.

Maybe the contersuit was right? Maybe Axl was being tricked and fooled by Azoff during the release of Chinese Democracy. It's obviously the had the Best Buy exclusive to get money, but it didn't help amtter's, but hurt the sales. For 1 thing, it sohuld've been released in market's all over, not just one store with one cardboard box each.

Maybe Azoff did strongarm Axl into the release, but completely fucked up on the booklet, promotion, and everything else, including a tour. Remember the counter-suit when it mentioned that GN'R were supposed to tour during the summer of '09, but they were told to stay becuase Azoff was working on a Van Halen/GNR supertour that was never finalized (or was he working on it at all?) They then began the tour without managment in late '09.

That is very true, if the record company wasn't willing to do much at all, and their mannger was trying to fuck him form behind to force Axl into a reunion, then why should Axl care?

Exactly,Had a looksee at what sort of promotion and packaging Death Magnetic and Black Ice were receiving and things didn't add up,it was obviously a tactic of Front Line mgmt,a plot to sink the Album,but it still did well,with virtually no promotion,and the damn cardboard tower,Fuck Azoff and his not so subtle plan!

I went to my Best Buy and got the story. ALL Best Buys sent back their entire stock of CD (400+) according to the music department guy. All they had were 5 LP's and they were marked down to $1.99 as well.

Kinda sad that this didn't get promoted because Axl didn't like the booklet etc and not for the music :shrugs:

I went to my Best Buy and got the story. ALL Best Buys sent back their entire stock of CD (400+) according to the music department guy. All they had were 5 LP's and they were marked down to $1.99 as well.

Kinda sad that this didn't get promoted because Axl didn't like the booklet etc and not for the music :shrugs:

Send them back to where? They bought them...

They go back to the record company

Really? But they bought them from the record company... it's their job to sell them now, I cant imagine them taking them back.

Maybe.......re-launch?

Maybe.......re-launch?

Landfill probably.

just 2 weeks ago it was 11.99 in store and online

True, Damn, you just ruined SOB's little tirade, superb iconic icon by the way :)

thanks just on the news a month ago they said best buy was in big trouble financially, you see this stuff all the time it is just a shit stirrer stirring up shit

just 2 weeks ago it was 11.99 in store and online

True, Damn, you just ruined SOB's little tirade, superb iconic icon by the way :)

thanks just on the news a month ago they said best buy was in big trouble financially, you see this stuff all the time it is just a shit stirrer stirring up shit

Oh yes, you nailed it! The problem with being a shit-stirrer is that is splashes back on you :lol:

The entire recording industry is in a precarious position of change, and many stores are in liquidation phases, it does not reflect badly on the Album,no matter how some people would like to paint that picture.

it's a marketing technique. they flip products through this phase to give them impression Best Buy is cheap, ultimately you get lured into the place by flashing 1.99 signs but end coming out with a flat screen and 3 albums a full price. everywhere you go there's stuff on offer, right? Why is that? Is it because they want to help you out?

it's a marketing technique. they flip products through this phase to give them impression Best Buy is cheap, ultimately you get lured into the place by flashing 1.99 signs but end coming out with a flat screen and 3 albums a full price. everywhere you go there's stuff on offer, right? Why is that? Is it because they want to help you out?

Yeah, go check your local Best Buy and see if they even HAVE CD anymore. They junked every copy of CD on Sunday. Packed em up and sent em back to the record company. There's no marketing technique to "this thing ain't selling. Get it the fuck out of here and sell it at a loss at $1.99 as a permanent price".

Edited by Chris 55

Yeah, go check your local Best Buy and see if they even HAVE CD anymore. They junked every copy of CD on Sunday. Packed em up and sent em back to the record company. There's no marketing technique to "this thing ain't selling. Get it the fuck out of here and sell it at a loss at $1.99 as a permanent price".

They weren't just loaning the CDs from the record company, they can't just return them if they don't sell! That's not how business works, they bought (x) amount thinking they would sell (x) amount... if they didn't sell (x) amount, then that's their problem, not the record companies. The record company isn't just going to turnaround and say "Oh, you weren't able to shift them? You made a loss? No problem guys, we'll take that loss for you, just return the cd's and we'll give you your money back", that's ridiculous! The record companies are the LAST motherfuckers in the loop, who are going to put themselves in a position to make a loss (regardless of what some tight piece of ass at Bestbuy told you :wub: ) (she was probably a $lashole!!!)

Like someone else said, they do this all the time... there's no drama here Johnny.

Edited by axl8302