Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[SPOILER ALERT] Van Halen 2012 tour discussion

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 16,028 posts
  • 17-February 06

rock3 St. Louis tonight rock3

Have a blast! Make sure to take note of what gets played in the rotating slots...Nashville seems to have dropped the ball on that one :P

Enjoy tat! :thumbsup:

Powerage, love that second to last shot of Ed. He may not have jumped off the stairs that night but you got a damn good shot of him on the stairs.

Thanks, I really like that one too...one of my favorites I took at that show. Here's the rest of mine, and they're all on my page on Facebook now ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fuck, forgot about the 10-picture limit. I'm editing the last one of this set into my last post, so scroll back up if you care to see it :P

tat2d1

tat2d1

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts
  • 16-October 02
Had a great time @ the St. Louis gig. Got to the arena and they had opened up a section on each side of the stage and allowed us to upgrade our tickets for free. So, we went from being 3 rows from the last row in the building to 10th row on Wolfie's side of the stage. Awesome seats. Made me wish I would have brought the camera. I had too much of a good time rocking out to play super close attention to the setlist. I know they opened with Unchained and I do know that Women In Love was played. Pretty sure they played The Full Bug & Girl Gone Bad too ( but don't quote me on that).
Dave's voice sounds pretty tore up, but somehow he makes it work. I had a blast!!
Check out Pythons By Design on Facebook

Zint

Zint

• MOD SQUAD
  • 17,412 posts
  • 24-February 06

So how'd everyone do for the current round of buying tickets? I had 7th row floor, dead center for Rochester, but Ticketmaster "encountered an error" and booted me back. Lost those seats, and ended up with 15th row lower bowl, just a couple rows behind where my Pittsburgh seats were. I can deal with that B)

London I did pretty good through a presale.Ed's side lower stands,right where I like to be,so that's cool.

I know a security guy at the venue so I made sure he knows the deal on VH's relaxed policy on filming/photography.
The JLC security crew are pretty hardcore,but he said he'd look into it "if the band doesn't care,we don't...we just enforce the policy's they lay down".

I told him the relaxed policy was even posted on the ACC website leading up to the Toronto show...so we'll see,hopefully all is cool. :)
                                                                                                   Posted Image

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 16,028 posts
  • 17-February 06

So how'd everyone do for the current round of buying tickets? I had 7th row floor, dead center for Rochester, but Ticketmaster "encountered an error" and booted me back. Lost those seats, and ended up with 15th row lower bowl, just a couple rows behind where my Pittsburgh seats were. I can deal with that B)

London I did pretty good through a presale.Ed's side lower stands,right where I like to be,so that's cool.

I know a security guy at the venue so I made sure he knows the deal on VH's relaxed policy on filming/photography.
The JLC security crew are pretty hardcore,but he said he'd look into it "if the band doesn't care,we don't...we just enforce the policy's they lay down".

I told him the relaxed policy was even posted on the ACC website leading up to the Toronto show...so we'll see,hopefully all is cool. :)

I'd assume the policy will stay the same, haven't heard anything to think otherwise yet B)

Zint

Zint

• MOD SQUAD
  • 17,412 posts
  • 24-February 06

I'd assume the policy will stay the same, haven't heard anything to think otherwise yet B)

Yeah I'm sure it will be...just wanted to plant that info in the guy's brain though.He's pretty cool (and a fan) so I'm sure he'll look into it.
                                                                                                   Posted Image

tat2d1

tat2d1

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 4,342 posts
  • 16-October 02
St.Louis setlist:

Unchained
Runnin' With the Devil
She's the Woman
The Full Bug
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some!!
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
China Town
Hear About It Later
Oh, Pretty Woman
Drum Solo
You Really Got Me
The Trouble with Never
Dance the Night Away
I'll Wait
Hot for Teacher
Women In Love
Outta Love Again
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Guitar Solo
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Jump

ITW 2012

ITW 2012

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,498 posts
  • 03-December 09
Had a good time in Vancouver last night. Eddie, Wolfgang and Alex were really tight, but Diamond Dave was fairly shit vocally although he sort of made up for it with his charisma. The setlist was way better in 07, along with Dave's voice, however Eddie wasn't as good as he was last night. They should have really replaced some of the songs they played last night with Mean Street, Jamie's Crying, Blood and Fire, and You and Your Blues. The concert kind of lagged in the middle due to the old album tracks they played. I even sat down for a couple songs at one point, though that had a little something to do with dehydration from drinking the afternoon away.

Edited by ITW 2012, 08 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Posted Image

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 38,574 posts
  • 31-March 04
I thought they would play Your Blues its the most VH one on that record. I like Blood and Fire. wonder if they'll come to Asia.

Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac. You know you should believe!

ITW 2012

ITW 2012

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,498 posts
  • 03-December 09
Dave pulled out a "I forgot the fucking lyrics" on Chinatown. I'm guessing him saying that is more of a gimmick though as I've seen him say it before.

Edited by ITW 2012, 08 May 2012 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

tat2d1

tat2d1

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • 4,342 posts
  • 16-October 02

Dave pulled out a "I forgot the fucking lyrics" on Chinatown. I'm guessing him saying that is more of a gimmick though as I've seen him say it before.

I think its a skit. He did it in St.Louis too....

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 16,028 posts
  • 17-February 06

Had a good time in Vancouver last night. Eddie, Wolfgang and Alex were really tight, but Diamond Dave was fairly shit vocally although he sort of made up for it with his charisma. The setlist was way better in 07, along with Dave's voice, however Eddie wasn't as good as he was last night. They should have really replaced some of the songs they played last night with Mean Street, Jamie's Crying, Blood and Fire, and You and Your Blues. The concert kind of lagged in the middle due to the old album tracks they played. I even sat down for a couple songs at one point, though that had a little something to do with dehydration from drinking the afternoon away.

Blood And Firs is incredible live...I really wish they'd have permanently replaced TTWN with it. I'm really glad to be able to say I saw it live though, because it doesn't seem like it'll make a return to the set B)

No, he legitimately doesn't know his shit on China Town. The band sounds great on it, and Dave fucks it up one way or another every single night. For the record, he pulled out the "I forgot the lyrics" line on Girl Gone Bad in Toronto.

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,423 posts
  • 19-December 04

Blood And Firs is incredible live...I really wish they'd have permanently replaced TTWN with it. I'm really glad to be able to say I saw it live though, because it doesn't seem like it'll make a return to the set B)

No, he legitimately doesn't know his shit on China Town. The band sounds great on it, and Dave fucks it up one way or another every single night. For the record, he pulled out the "I forgot the lyrics" line on Girl Gone Bad in Toronto.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Blood and Fire in London. Doesn't seem likely though. :(

I agree with China Town. Dave isn't strong on it anyways. It's probably smart of him to pull the "I forgot the fucking words" on China Town because it makes it seem like it's a skit which covers up the fact that he actually doesn't know the words to the damn song. It's too bad because Eddie, Wolf, and Alex absolutely nail it. For that reason, I enjoy seeing it in the set but wouldn't mind it getting replaced. It's been the song that's continually off for Dave. Lose it I say! Play Mean Street instead so I can die a happy man after London.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 16,028 posts
  • 17-February 06

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Blood and Fire in London. Doesn't seem likely though. :(

I agree with China Town. Dave isn't strong on it anyways. It's probably smart of him to pull the "I forgot the fucking words" on China Town because it makes it seem like it's a skit which covers up the fact that he actually doesn't know the words to the damn song. It's too bad because Eddie, Wolf, and Alex absolutely nail it. For that reason, I enjoy seeing it in the set but wouldn't mind it getting replaced. It's been the song that's continually off for Dave. Lose it I say! Play Mean Street instead so I can die a happy man after London.

If they drop it, it's certain to get replaced with another ADKOT song. I'd like to see As Is, but that probably wouldn't be any easier for Dave. Big River, anyone?

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,423 posts
  • 19-December 04

If they drop it, it's certain to get replaced with another ADKOT song. I'd like to see As Is, but that probably wouldn't be any easier for Dave. Big River, anyone?

As Is would be nice, but hey, I wouldn't complain about Big River. One of my favorites off the album.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

Zeppelin

Zeppelin

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts
  • 15-October 04
As Is or Big River would be awesome. I love both. I have a feeling they'd throw in Bullethead or something though.
Ramble On

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users