Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Which Affected Axl More - Annulment with Erin or Slash Leaving?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Affected Axl More - Annulment with Erin or Slash Leaving? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

Which incident hurt him more?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12

Interesting thread. You should have put Steph leaving him up there. Anyway, I voted Slash.

OK added.

That said, mixed opinions here eh? Some say Erin, some say Slash.

bacardimayne and I are the first official gay couple in MyGNRforum!!!

JayGatz

JayGatz

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • 26-July 12
Okay, anyone with a brain knows Slash is the answer.

Even Marc Canter freely admits it...Axl can't get over his irrational hatred for Slash. It's odd and unhealthy, but for whatever reason Axl can't let go. It's obvious.

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • 04-December 11
Axl threatened to kill himself if erin didn't marry him. He didn't threaten to kill himself if slash left. Axl did everything he could to push slash out, and it worked to his pleasure. I think the thing that upset axl after slash left was that everyone took slash's side and that he realized that everyone else in the band (except dizzy) was out too.

Amir

Amir

Trying to start some mini-Iran

• SILVER
  • 5,353 posts
  • 30-December 08
Stephanie. Just listen to Better, Street of Dreams and There Was A Time. And Prostitute, too.

2010: 13th Sep: Bercy, Paris; 15th Sep: L'Arc, Paris; 16th Sep: Geneva; 13th Oct: O2, London; 14th Oct: O2, London; 16th Dec: Abu Dhabi

2012: 24th Feb: Atlantic City; 25th May: Glasgow; 31st May: O2, London; 1st June: O2, London; 15th July: EXIT, Serbia;

2013: 28th March: Abu Dhabi

2014: 6th April: Buenos Aires

5R4Y1cA.png

INFINITE REASONS TO LOVE AXL ROSE

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • 13-March 06
Well, if he and Slash were still together there's a good chance GN'R would still be one of the biggest bands in the world. But they're not. I think that's a fairly large effect.

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

recklessroad

recklessroad

Marc Canter

• Insider
  • 1,885 posts
  • 10-August 07
Both of them were a big blow to Axl. However Slash didn't leave, He just didn't join the new Guns N' Roses that Axl set up. Also whatever Slash had to say after he didn't join and has been saying this whole time, was also hurtful because Axl does not agree with a lot of the things that Slash has said. I think Slash has finally sean that no matter what he has to say will upset Axl and won't change things. So there is no point talking about it anymore because there is nothing he can do to change what has happened to the band that he was a big part of. All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

Edited by recklessroad, 22 September 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Roky

Roky

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • 19-April 07

All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

yeah sure, they can continue making music, but most of fans don't really care anymore. axl and slash have become boring and uncreative.
Posted Image

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12

Both of them were a big blow to Axl. However Slash didn't leave, He just didn't join the new Guns N' Roses that Axl set up. Also whatever Slash had to say after he didn't join and has been saying this whole time, was also hurtful because Axl does not agree with a lot of the things that Slash has said. I think Slash has finally sean that no matter what he has to say will upset Axl and won't change things. So there is no point talking about it anymore because there is nothing he can do to change what has happened to the band that he was a big part of. All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

Tell me Marc, do you believe in your heart of hearts that they will reconcile down the road?

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09

Stephanie. Just listen to Better, Street of Dreams and There Was A Time. And Prostitute, too.

And This I Love.

Interesting thread. You should have put Steph leaving him up there. Anyway, I voted Slash.

Yup. Steph dwarfs Erin IMHO. Also- I think a case could be made that Robin's two departures hurt Axl just as much as Slash- even if the public (understandably so) is focused on the whole Axl-Slash thing...

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Slash?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

This. Just makes me wonder what it would take to ever get those two to even have a conversation again.. in all fairness though, has Slash ever apologized publicly for the shit he's said?? I wonder what would happen if he did...?

Edited by AxlRose14, 22 September 2012 - 12:51 PM.

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Axl?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

I think around same amount as Axl if Im not mistaken.

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Axl?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

I think around same amount as Axl if Im not mistaken.

Haha saw that typo. Woopsy!

I voted for Ashba

AXL_N_DIZZY

AXL_N_DIZZY

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • 18-November 11

And This I Love.

Yup. Steph dwarfs Erin IMHO. Also- I think a case could be made that Robin's two departures hurt Axl just as much as Slash- even if the public (understandably so) is focused on the whole Axl-Slash thing...

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Slash?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

Certainly you have a point- particularly live. That said Axl and Robin spent their fair share of time together on stage in 01/02 and 06/07. It's not like Bucket where they just played 20 shows total or whatever...

Meanwhile- on the creative/studio side Brian May was pretty specific about how upset Axl was the first time Robin left and how the material he'd recorded with Robin meant a great deal to him, etc.

Anyway- who knows...
Dizzy Reed: "You know what, Axl is a lot more fun at 5 a.m. than he is at 5 p.m. Let's put it that way."

Dariablue

Dariablue

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • 24-October 08

And This I Love.

That is about Erin, not Steph.

Edited by Dariablue, 22 September 2012 - 06:56 PM.

licksig.jpg

"There is no good guy, there is no bad guy, there is just Axl and Slash and they just disagree." - Marc Canter

"You're offended? Shut up. Everyone is awful."

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09

And This I Love.

Certainly you have a point- particularly live. That said Axl and Robin spent their fair share of time together on stage in 01/02 and 06/07. It's not like Bucket where they just played 20 shows total or whatever...

Meanwhile- on the creative/studio side Brian May was pretty specific about how upset Axl was the first time Robin left and how the material he'd recorded with Robin meant a great deal to him, etc.

Anyway- who knows...

Fair point. I was thinking when Robin left in '08, not when he left in like 2000 for a little bit..regardless, I'm sure every member of the band leaving had an effect on him to some degree. I think a good question would be which member had the LEAST effect..

And This I Love.

That is about Erin, not Steph.

Didn't know that. istening to that songs lyrics and overall tone versus the others, I think Erin takes the cake.

recklessroad

recklessroad

Marc Canter

• Insider
  • 1,885 posts
  • 10-August 07

Tell me Marc, do you believe in your heart of hearts that they will reconcile down the road?

For someone to throw them both in a padded room together, let them beat the shit out of each other and then they would need 3 days to talk it out before you can let them out. That would do it. They just need to talk it out and that would be the only way it could happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users