Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What was New-GNR's worst gig?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: What was New-GNR's worst gig? (106 member(s) have cast votes)

What was New-GNR's worst gig?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Sweersa

Sweersa

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • 04-July 08

I have to give honerable mention to Detroit in 2002. I was at that show and Axl threw the mic up in the air during patience and just walked off stage and then the lights came on. It was just a really lackluster show the whole time, and that ending was just horriable. This show is one of the main reasons why I never truelly embraced that version of gnr.

What venue did they play at?

bionic56

bionic56

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • 05-June 07
Palace of Auburn Hills.

NachoLZ

NachoLZ

The One Who Knocks

• SILVER
  • 1,859 posts
  • 26-January 12

yeah,I agree,Rio IV is the worst performance I've seen
by any band.and I've seen shit through the years.

I respect your opinion, but jeez that's a little over the top aint it ??? worst ever by any band ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOF1FJ7wGhw

Are you sure ???

hahahahah :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media and Brand Ambassador
  • 19,398 posts
  • 28-December 02
RIR 2011 without a doubt, for me personally the biggest let down by this band in a long time :thumbsdown:

Obviously I was not there though

Edited by gunsguy, 18 October 2012 - 07:50 PM.

axlrare.jpg

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • 12-December 08
Was Detroit 2002 the only New-GNR show that didn't close with Paradise City?

tkarmy

tkarmy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • 03-April 05

Why is Rock in Rio III (2001) on that list? Seriously, it is in my opinion one of the most amazing Guns N' Roses concerts, old and new.

I agree... people shit on axl's voice but I thought it sounded great... way better than the majority of garggled with bleach show in the UYI tour

GNR123GNR456

GNR123GNR456

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts
  • 02-May 09

RIR 2011 without a doubt, for me personally the biggest let down by this band in a long time :thumbsdown:

Obviously I was not there though

THIS!

Edited by GNR123GNR456, 18 October 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • 04-December 11

I respect your opinion, but jeez that's a little over the top aint it ??? worst ever by any band ?

Are you sure ???

What the heck is that? Is he high on helium or something?

bionic56

bionic56

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • 05-June 07

Are you sure ???

What the heck is that? Is he high on helium or something?

It was the reading festival 2008, i was so, so fucked off. Really wanted to see KOL , i just walked off and caught train back to Slough after 30 mins of this. £89 down the drain.

Edited by bionic56, 18 October 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,831 posts
  • 17-February 06

No, one of the early Canadian 2010 shows closed with Nightrain, andPC closed the main set (Honestly don't remember which one off hand).

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

downzy

downzy

OH MY GOD

• MOD SQUAD
  • 4,154 posts
  • 18-February 06

Old guns had far more horrible shows (often due to Slash's sloppy playing and Matt's boring drumming in the fast songs), but I suppose this section is for newGuns, so carry on.

Fuck dude, aren't you the guy who gets pissed when anyone brings up classic-era members in any thread relating to Nu-Guns?

Remember this the next time you bitch about this kind of bullshit.

bionic56

bionic56

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • 05-June 07

No, one of the early Canadian 2010 shows closed with Nightrain, andPC closed the main set (Honestly don't remember which one off hand).

Jan 19, 2010 Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, i have the amazing bootleg.

Edited by bionic56, 18 October 2012 - 08:26 PM.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09

Old guns had far more horrible shows (often due to Slash's sloppy playing and Matt's boring drumming in the fast songs), but I suppose this section is for newGuns, so carry on.

Fuck dude, aren't you the guy who gets pissed when anyone brings up classic-era members in any thread relating to Nu-Guns?

Remember this the next time you bitch about this kind of bullshit.

Show me a post that backs up what you just said. Or shut your mouth.

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

X_Patience_X

X_Patience_X

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts
  • 05-February 05
I think this question has to be taken with a lot of publicity taken into account.

In 2002, there was an aura about Axl and his new band. The comeback if you might say. And for his poor vocal performance and strange looking lineup, I think it for me was the worst gig (not technically, but publicity wise).

Although the 2011 concert is up there (Axl was awful, and a few fuck ups by the band too) it doesn't reach the height of the VMA's purely because 10 years on, less people give a shit.

It's weird but if you ignore 2002 vocals/band (as great as they were, the general public weren't going to get behind that band tbf) and think if you had Axl/2006 how different things could have been. Especially considering after that you got 2010 vocals. I mean, nobody would ever consider newgnr>>>oldgnr but people might have stood up and taken notice
<center>

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a sun
In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?"
</center>

bionic56

bionic56

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • 05-June 07
2006 easily the best year for me as a guns n' roses fan. His voice was amazing most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users