Keith Urban

The Real McCoy

If you watch the Taylor Swift/Def Leppard Crossroads, they summed it up when they said the only difference between the two of them is that country has fiddle and slide guitar in it.

In some ways, country artists play rock more than rock bands .

I'd agree. Garth Brooks was a good example. That duet he did with Kiss on hard luck woman back in the day was great.

Love that version. Garth is the man. Keith did some guitar work for him on the "Double Live" album.

Listen to Garth's endorsement of Keith:

My parents took me to see Garth Brooks when I was about 6. My first concert. Lol kinda hoping he comes through winnipeg next year for nostalgics sake.

Keith Urban is here in a few weeks. My wife loves him , and as much as I wish I coulda snagged tickets they were just a bit much for us to afford at the time.

If you watch the Taylor Swift/Def Leppard Crossroads, they summed it up when they said the only difference between the two of them is that country has fiddle and slide guitar in it.

In some ways, country artists play rock more than rock bands .

I'd agree. Garth Brooks was a good example. That duet he did with Kiss on hard luck woman back in the day was great.

Love that version. Garth is the man. Keith did some guitar work for him on the "Double Live" album.

Listen to Garth's endorsement of Keith:

My parents took me to see Garth Brooks when I was about 6. My first concert. Lol kinda hoping he comes through winnipeg next year for nostalgics sake.

Keith Urban is here in a few weeks. My wife loves him , and as much as I wish I coulda snagged tickets they were just a bit much for us to afford at the time.

Garth's tour is apparently going to the country version of the UYI tour, from what I understand. I'm sure that he'll be up that way at some point.

Too bad that you have to miss out on Keith this time. He'll be around again at some point.

• 7 months later...

Saw Keith a few weeks back on August 10th - these aren't my videos, but what a show! Got to meet Keith for the second time as well! Dude is a total class act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl7vPUZkfB8&list=UUpFU0CGL_S5ZxATM--ZTT9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7BRL_2ieY&list=UUpFU0CGL_S5ZxATM--ZTT9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjxGdNs9nM&list=UUpFU0CGL_S5ZxATM--ZTT9A

Did Garth start that weird thing country singers often do where they have their voice break a little bit during certain vocal parts 20-25 times a song? I'm sure there is a name for it, I just don't know what it's called. They change the reflection (not the right word). LIke in Friends in Low Places - he sings/phrases certain words in a different tone/sound/etc than he does for all the rest of the song.

Kind of like when Adele came out with song of hers that was so popular. Then for the next couple of years 99% of singers trying out for shows like Idol would use that same vocal style.

Now I hear it in rap music. I listened to the popular Iggy song and the new Nikki Minaj song and they sing in that weird voice - like half baby, half ghetto sound. The first time I heard that Iggy song I thought it was a parody with somebody making fun of how the female rappers sound like that now, but apparently that is her "style."

Is there a word for that?

Did Garth start that weird thing country singers often do where they have their voice break a little bit during certain vocal parts 20-25 times a song? I'm sure there is a name for it, I just don't know what it's called. They change the reflection (not the right word). LIke in Friends in Low Places - he sings/phrases certain words in a different tone/sound/etc than he does for all the rest of the song.

I think that I know what you're talking about with Garth. I've never noticed Keith do it too much, but he does accentuate certain parts of songs live where he doesn't on the studio versions of the songs. He's more apt to throw in a "Woo!" Or a "here we go now." Something like that, anyway.

• Like 1

Fuck Adele.

I didn't love her, but I didn't mind her that much - she was basically a non-entity for me music-wise.

UNTIL we'd watch a singing show, or go out and hear somebody kariokie (sp) and every friggin girl out there for a couple year period tried to sing in her style.

Then I began to feel like you do.

What's up with Keith Urban fans? At his concert here last month 46 required medical attention, 22 needed to be taken to hospitals, 50 were taken into protective custody, dozens more were arrested, and the crowd just stood and watched and recorded a guy raping a 17-year-old girl right there in the open for all to see. Seems like that's common behavior for Urban fans. There's dozens of concerts every year in the same venue, without this shit happening. :shrugs:

that is crazy, and yet people think a metal/hardcore concert is violent :drevil:

• Like 1

What's up with Keith Urban fans? At his concert here last month 46 required medical attention, 22 needed to be taken to hospitals, 50 were taken into protective custody, dozens more were arrested, and the crowd just stood and watched and recorded a guy raping a 17-year-old girl right there in the open for all to see. Seems like that's common behavior for Urban fans. There's dozens of concerts every year in the same venue, without this shit happening. :shrugs:

To be fair, that was an isolated incident. The first time that's ever happened at one of Keith's shows, and hopefully the last.

I've seen Keith three times - twice in arenas and once at an outdoor venue - the crowd was more than respectful at all three.

This was a really cool moment during the show that I saw a few weeks ago. Keith had female fans submit videos of them singing Miranda Lambert's part of their duet, "We Were Us", and the winner got to sing the song with him onstage. REALLY cool stuff. Like I've always said, the dude is all class.

Edited by The Real McCoy

• 1 month later...

Dat solo though.

And these videos always blow my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioD7gp41GYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNNLfr_vx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFnRqm-8f8&list=UUvU-Fg-vQO4Q5YdfhQBkyYQ

I still have no idea what it takes to play guitar like that.

Edited by The Real McCoy