WANTED Original 1988 Needle Skull Appetite Tour Shirt

apate4

Hey everyone! Brand new in here as a member, but I've read the forums on here on/off for the last 3 years or so and I finally decided to register to become a member. I'm a big fan so thank you very much for the add. Currently, I'm in search of a specific appetite era t-shirt if anyone has one. It's the one with the Needle and Skull that Axl wore most notably in Donington Park 1988 Monsters of Rock festival. I have owned this shirt a couple times over the years but have worn mine to death, to the point where it's no longer black. So I'm looking for a replacement. Preferably a size L or XL, in good/excellent condition if anyone has one I'll pay a really good price for it via PayPal. Please help me track one down! I have attached images so everyone knows which one exactly. I have floor seats to the concert in Atlanta and I really hope I can track one down before then! 

Thank You!

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah, I'm actually looking specifically for an original. I bought a reprint from the Vegas show a week ago but it's not as cool as the original one I have. The print on the new ones is a lot darker and the yellow letters, green and red of the roses doesn't pop off nearly as much my original from '88 does. I was pretty disappointed. Here's what the reprint looks like in person if anyone was thinking of ordering. 

image.jpeg

I know it's nit-picky, but in person side by side, the new one doesn't even compare to the original. And they used that "artificial aging" technique on the print so the letters on the new one are like an orange to yellow gradient shade and the green and red of the Rose have a lot of black speckled in it so the print is way darker and it just doesn't pop nearly as much as Axl's or the one from '88 that I have. So I'm still searching for an original!

Edited by apate4

On 4/21/2016 at 11:09 AM, apate4 said:

Yeah I'm deff still hunting for an original. I have one already but it's been worn out quite a bit. I thought for sure this would be an easy find in this group but no luck so far. Lol. :/

this shirt is a pretty tough find in good shape..not to mention ppl asking $180

if you don't want the reprint i'll take it if its small/medium :P

Yeah it's definitely been a hunt to find the needle skull one from 1988. I wouldn't even mind paying the $180-$200 for an excellent condition one that is a vintage L or XL. Usually I wouldn't pay that much for a shirt but this one is an exception.  

Someone actually offered me $100 for the reprint on eBay so I sold it. I figure if I end up wanting another one I'll be at the Atlanta show in July and should be able to grab another reprint for $40. The reprint seems to be pretty readily available at all the shows. But they need to fix the font on it in order to appease me. If the reprint looked exactly like the original I'd have no problem getting a couple of them but it doesn't in person.

As for that Welcome To The Jungle shirt it's insanely rare. But there's a member (Troccoli) on here who has stumbled across one and owns it now I believe.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:47 AM, apate4 said:

Yeah it's definitely been a hunt to find the needle skull one from 1988. I wouldn't even mind paying the $180-$200 for an excellent condition one that is a vintage L or XL. Usually I wouldn't pay that much for a shirt but this one is an exception.  

Someone actually offered me $100 for the reprint on eBay so I sold it. I figure if I end up wanting another one I'll be at the Atlanta show in July and should be able to grab another reprint for $40. The reprint seems to be pretty readily available at all the shows. But they need to fix the font on it in order to appease me. If the reprint looked exactly like the original I'd have no problem getting a couple of them but it doesn't in person.

As for that Welcome To The Jungle shirt it's insanely rare. But there's a member (Troccoli) on here who has stumbled across one and owns it now I believe.

Insanely rare indeed.  I couldn't even believe it when I came across it on eBay.  Right time, right place, and WAY cheap

http://www.troccolitm.com/ShirtRareAsFuck.html

11 minutes ago, troccoli said:

Insanely rare indeed.  I couldn't even believe it when I came across it on eBay.  Right time, right place, and WAY cheap

http://www.troccolitm.com/ShirtRareAsFuck.html

Hey Troccoli you don't happen to have the needle skull shirt I'm looking for you do ya? I know you are the master on here of all things memorabilia! Haha

1 minute ago, apate4 said:

Hey Troccoli you don't happen to have the needle skull shirt I'm looking for you do ya? I know you are the master on here of all things memorabilia! Haha

I have it but not for sale sadly!  I may have an extra but won't find out for A WHILE.  I just moved, buying a house, etc. won't have access to all my stuff until late June, early July.

5 minutes ago, troccoli said:

I have it but not for sale sadly!  I may have an extra but won't find out for A WHILE.  I just moved, buying a house, etc. won't have access to all my stuff until late June, early July.

I understand man. If you happen to have an extra or come across an original for sale please keep me in mind. I expect to pay a good bit for it as far as what the market asks for em so if you let me know first chances are I'll buy it and be ready to pay right away if I haven't already found one before then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for posting that. I've actually seen that listing but the two problems are that 1.) it's from Malaysia and Looks to be in pretty terrible shape. 2.) It's not the version of the shirt I'm looking for. That one is the replaced version that has all arrows on it. The original one is the banned one pictured above that has the needles on it instead.

• Like 1

On 25-5-2016 at 5:54 PM, apate4 said:

Hey thanks for posting that. I've actually seen that listing but the two problems are that 1.) it's from Malaysia and Looks to be in pretty terrible shape. 2.) It's not the version of the shirt I'm looking for. That one is the replaced version that has all arrows on it. The original one is the banned one pictured above that has the needles on it instead.

Ah, didn't see that too good on my phone. Will pay closer attention now when I spot one!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/18/2016 at 9:08 AM, apate4 said:

Hey everyone! Brand new in here as a member, but I've read the forums on here on/off for the last 3 years or so and I finally decided to register to become a member. I'm a big fan so thank you very much for the add. Currently, I'm in search of a specific appetite era t-shirt if anyone has one. It's the one with the Needle and Skull that Axl wore most notably in Donington Park 1988 Monsters of Rock festival. I have owned this shirt a couple times over the years but have worn mine to death, to the point where it's no longer black. So I'm looking for a replacement. Preferably a size L or XL, in good/excellent condition if anyone has one I'll pay a really good price for it via PayPal. Please help me track one down! I have attached images so everyone knows which one exactly. I have floor seats to the concert in Atlanta and I really hope I can track one down before then! 

Thank You!

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

I think I found the shirt but in a small:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/507614368/1988-guns-n-roses-appetite-for?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=gun+n+roses+shirt+small&ref=sr_gallery-1-5&organic_search_click=1&frs=1