Concert DVD´s for sale!

s044671

Guest gnr>everything

Do you have any shows yet? Do you have a DVD burner?

If you ask the people on GN'R forums no one will sell you their bootlegs, and you shouldn't ask them to...most people only trade them. On eBay however you can buy some...illegally.

If you have a DVD burner there are a lot of DVDs going around lately, and you can download whole DVDs on torrents.

Guest gnr>everything
Thanx for the replies...appreciate it!

Excuse my unknowledge...

But what is B+P?

Do you mean that you can sell me some?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have a DVD Burner?

Guest gnr>everything
Yes i do!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that's very helpful then. :shades:

A lot of DVDs have been uploaded to different forums recently...you can start by downloading those and burning them. Also, there are some shows available on torrents(Paris 92 has a healthy one going I believe). In the beginning you'll have to trade with other people who only have a small selection who doesn't already have all the common shows(like me) and then eventually by doing this you'll get a bigger and bigger one. Once I get my DVD burner I'd be more than willing to start trading with you, if you get a show I don't have or something.

And yeah, what does B+P mean?

Edited by gnr>everything

Guest gnr>everything
B+P is Blanks and Postage. He sends you blanks, and you burn them and return in the enclosed SASE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh, I see...thanks.

Edited by gnr>everything

http://gnrbootlegsforum.tk has 3 DVDs permanently uploaded...another one is being uploaded on yousendit, but the first disc is pretty much expired.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like a cool site. Where are these three permanent uploads though? I saw one thread that is pinned called Unlimited Download Shows, which has a ton of megaupload links. Do you know if those are mostly audio?

A couple of other questions

1) if you want to download videos and then burn a DVD from it, does a torrent provide any advantages over yousendit or megaupload? I think it's just a different way to download stuff, right?

2) and what should you look for if you want the best quality for a downloaded concert in video form? Like, for an mp3 it should have a higher bps...should you look for something similar to that for video? And is rar better than mpeg? Stuff like that.

http://gnrbootlegsforum.tk has 3 DVDs permanently uploaded...another one is being uploaded on yousendit, but the first disc is pretty much expired.

Looks like a cool site. Where are these three permanent uploads though? I saw one thread that is pinned called Unlimited Download Shows, which has a ton of megaupload links. Do you know if those are mostly audio?

1) if you want to download videos and then burn a DVD from it, does a torrent provide any advantages over yousendit or megaupload? I think it's just a different way to download stuff, right?

2) and what should you look for if you want the best quality for a downloaded concert in video form? Like, for an mp3 it should have a higher bps...should you look for something similar to that for video? And is rar better than mpeg? Stuff like that.

Ok, i'm not a HUGE bootlegger -- but I should be able to answer these.

1) Torrent files are better for larger (DVD) files, as yousendit and megaupload have limits to the size of files you can upload. Torrents involve you essentially connecting to another person's computer and downloading the file directly off them -- so there's no limit on filesize.

If multiple people are sharing (seeding) the file, then you can download off multiple people at once, increasing download speed and reducing strain on the people seeding the file.

I've never used a torrent -- so that information may be slightly wrong, but the general gist is correct.

2) Best quality in video form really depends on the quality it's saved in. Same as a JPG file -- you can save it with quality 60, 80, 100 -- whatever. The higher the quality it's saved in the larger the file, the better the picture. You also look for kbps in video files -- just like mp3 and wma.

Rar files aren't video files -- they're compressed folders (like a winzip file) that people use on megaupload so links aren't removed, as music and video files get deleted for breeching the terms of service of megaupload. It also makes the files marginally smaller -- and is VERY handy for splitting a file up into multiple smaller sized files to be rejoined later. The only real way to get a DVD on megaupload is to split the files into RAR files, upload seperately and have the person downloading them rejoin at the other end.

Generally .AVI files are from DVD rips -- not sure why, but they seem to have good quality most of the time. The others really vary in this regard.

The best quality are the huge 2-3 gigabyte DVD images that are lossless rips from DVD discs. The idea is that you download these, burn them straight to DVD and delete them off the computer. These files (IFO, VOB) give you the best quality for DVD burning.

Hope i've answered your questions.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well highvoltage answered most of the questions, but when a member of that forum, or any forum saves the IFO, or VOB files instead of ripping the actual video, the files are too big to upload to YSI or MU, so they split them up in either archive files(.z01, .z02, etc.) or rar files. You then have to download those files and extract the IFo or VOB. The bad thing is there's usually a lot of parts you need to download in order to extract, and on MU they are very slow, and on YSI there's that 7 day/25 download limit.

And yes, most of the shows on gnrbootlegs' Unlimited Download thread are audio, and here's links to the unlimited download DVD rips:

http://s10.invisionfree.com/gnrbootlegs/in...?showtopic=3087

http://s10.invisionfree.com/gnrbootlegs/in...?showtopic=2792

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=54671

edit: one I hadn't seen

http://s10.invisionfree.com/gnrbootlegs/in...?showtopic=2894

Edited by gnr>everything

Sorry guys, one more question...when someone posts a bunch of rar files with megaupload, and then says you need to download them all and join them for it to work...what program is used to join them? Can you do it with Winrar, or does that just extract the files?

Sometimes a poster will say you need a certain program to do it, and then they put the program up using megaupload. What I'd like to know is what that program is called, I don't actually need it posted. Thanks!

Guest gnr>everything
Sorry guys, one more question...when someone posts a bunch of rar files with megaupload, and then says you need to download them all and join them for it to work...what program is used to join them?  Can you do it with Winrar, or does that just extract the files?

Sometimes a poster will say you need a certain program to do it, and then they put the program up using megaupload.  What I'd like to know is what that program is called, I don't actually need it posted.  Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well a bunch of rars like the RIR II links, can be extracted by WinRar. (I'm almost done...37/40 parts!) but if someone's uploading videos to rapidshare, the limit for files is 50MB(although it looks like now it might be 100) they need to split up the biger videos. Then you download the two parts of the video(files are usually called part1.rar, part2.rar, etc.) and you join them with a program called "splits". If you give me specific links I can help more, unless that answered your question.

Edited by gnr>everything

This was posted by adleer in the Makin' of Estranged thread:

For those who don't know how this works, first download all 12 files complete (can be used download manager with megaupload).Don't try to open any file cause it wont work.

After that download the Spliter/Joiner program. Open it and choose join. Add all the files you downloaded before. Choose directory and name the file but don't forget to put the extension ".mpg" at the end. Example - Makin of......Cry.mpg

Click start and wait till the program stops the join process. After that , just enjoy and share 

Spliter/joiner program -

and then he put a megaupload link for the spliter/joiner program. That thread is currently on page six. I take it by your post then that the program is called "splits"? And that you can't join files using just WinRar?

So really, all a person needs to do is d/l WinRar and Splits and they should be all set?

Are AVI files handled differently? Do you need to extract them, what do you need to play them, etc.

Wow man, sorry for all the questions. You are very patient. It's really appreciated.

Edit: looks like the Divx player will play AVI files, but I think Windows Media Player will too from what I can tell.

Edited by KBear

Guest gnr>everything
This was posted by adleer in the Makin' of Estranged thread:
For those who don't know how this works, first download all 12 files complete (can be used download manager with megaupload).Don't try to open any file cause it wont work.

After that download the Spliter/Joiner program. Open it and choose join. Add all the files you downloaded before. Choose directory and name the file but don't forget to put the extension ".mpg" at the end. Example - Makin of......Cry.mpg

Click start and wait till the program stops the join process. After that , just enjoy and share 

Spliter/joiner program -

and then he put a megaupload link for the spliter/joiner program. That thread is currently on page six. I take it by your post then that the program is called "splits"? And that you can't join files using just WinRar?

So really, all a person needs to do is d/l WinRar and Splits and they should be all set?

Are AVI files handled differently? Do you need to extract them, what do you need to play them, etc.

Wow man, sorry for all the questions. You are very patient. It's really appreciated.

Edit: looks like the Divx player will play AVI files, but I think Windows Media Player will too from what I can tell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, for Making of Estranged you download all the parts, then add them in the splits program, and join them. It's pretty easy. But that only works for that one, because the video was broken into different parts. If someone broke up the VOB file or VIDEO_TS folder or something other than a video into rar parts, then you can join them with WinRar. Don't worry about asking too many questions either, cause I was in the same place as you just a few weeks ago when I started downloading all this shit and had to ask a bunch of stuff. :);)

A few more questions! :rolleyes:

I downloaded this show, all 28 parts, and then extracted them with WinRar. Okay, seemed to work, but there's a couple of problems.

First, I found that thread through a link in this thread...adleer's post. He mentions that it's in AVI format, and better quality in big red letters.

But when I extracted it WinRar indicated that only KOHD was an avi file, the others are all mpeg. Did I do something wrong?

Also, when viewing the video in WMP, when the picture size is small the picture quality is pretty nice and crisp. But when viewing it larger (like in full screen mode) it is very blurry. Is there any way to fix this? Will the quality be the same if I burn to a DVD?

Thanks again...I'm slowly gettin' there. :lol: