Why was Merck fired?

gnrfan4life3690

I just found this.....

http://reviews.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-Cloth...000000002181326

Its actually a quick review of Sanctuary and their $165debt, claimed to the delay of CD.... not sure what it had to do with the shirt but this was the search result for Merck quits Sanctuary on Google :book:

It really looks as if Merck bought/came up with alot of money for GNR and buying up companys and rights and whatnot.....

Edited by gnfnr2006

You don't have even one example for me?

In regard to a release date for the album itself certain minor and by that I do mean minor things and or additions as well as contract negotiations need to be completed and barring any unforeseen complications these things have now been adequately scheduled. Both the band and I along with our record company feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion not the “13 Tuesdays left” and “it may just appear in your record store” approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used in order for management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters. We feel that if this was so, this was obviously unfair to them. The stress of dealing with this situation has been considerable for everyone as well as to the band themselves as a whole but that this was more importantly in our opinion something utterly insane to do to our fans.

When I agreed to do our recent North American tour I agreed with the understanding that I and my manager Merck Mercuriadis were in full agreement as to our strategy, touring plans and most importantly that any and all things needed to release the album at the latest by Dec. 26th were to be in place. Unfortunately this turned out not to be the case and not only do I regret to say that again the album will not be released by the end of the year but that though many things went extremely well and were very exciting there were in our opinion unnecessary and avoidable complications on our tour having to do with the tour routing, scheduling and album and video plans that played hell on all involved especially our crew. This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew and each individual’s particular expertise that has resulted unfortunately in the end of both Guns and my relationship in having a management or sense of band involvement with Merck Mercuriadis.

Edited by Chris 55

He was fired for lying to the fans, to Axl, the record company and everyone else involved, thats all there is to it...

Gunsguy

...maybe MERCK was a hudge SLASH FAN!!! <_<:lol:

...I HOPE HE TAKES OVER NOW VELVET REVOLVER's MANAGEMENT :lol::lol::lol:

i dont.

I think because Axl said it, 'everyone' here is buying into it...

Personally, I think the album wasnt finished to begin with. And this is a way of buying more time.

Exactly. Someone had to fall on the sword. Certainly, no one expected Axl to take responsibility? :rofl-lol:

He got fired because Axl needed a scapegoat again for delaying the album once more. Maybe as far as the record company is concerned Axl was unhappy on how he dealt with it. As far as I know he sucked big time in communicating to the fans, organizing simple things like a webpage and so on.... There also seemed a major lack of communication between the Guns camp and the record company. Also some avoidable legal troubles, perhaps regarding the cover artwork and so on are his fault....

His contributions are definetely in having organized a great European tour and an American tour. If he truly believed that CD was coming out this year and if he did lie to tour promoters we do not know. If GnR had agreed to put out the album at the end of the year and he was setting up the tour to gain money for the final touches then that was pretty legitimate. So in the end if things mainly failed because of the "muse" not showing up, I don`t really think Merck is the one to blame.

Bottom line:I think this should be point where we stop supporting Axl and his crew.If the album hasn't come out till now it probably sucks anyway.Merck being fired and all just proves my point that GNR lacks organization,solidarity and interest.If this was done to delay the album a bit longer,then it's even worse,the best way to delay an album a bit more and keep the fans pleased is to put out a single from the unfinished album on the radio,maybe go to a talk show and chat about the album and all not fire your own manager.Anyway I still have the old GNR,new GNR will prolly end up nowhere,but I still have my Illusions and Appetite.

Exactly. Someone had to fall on the sword. Certainly, no one expected Axl to take responsibility? :rofl-lol:

You are right, somebody had to pay and Merck was the easy target.

Edited by gina9

He got fired because Axl needed a scapegoat again for delaying the album once more. Maybe as far as the record company is concerned Axl was unhappy on how he dealt with it. As far as I know he sucked big time in communicating to the fans, organizing simple things like a webpage and so on.... There also seemed a major lack of communication between the Guns camp and the record company. Also some avoidable legal troubles, perhaps regarding the cover artwork and so on are his fault....

His contributions are definetely in having organized a great European tour and an American tour. If he truly believed that CD was coming out this year and if he did lie to tour promoters we do not know. If GnR had agreed to put out the album at the end of the year and he was setting up the tour to gain money for the final touches then that was pretty legitimate. So in the end if things mainly failed because of the "muse" not showing up, I don`t really think Merck is the one to blame.

A. The leaks don't suck

B. A lot of what you said was part of a manager's job.

C. Even more of what you said is conjecture.

:sleeper:

PS-Do we still get lambasted by mods if we say bad things about Merck now?

An excerpt from the AP article about the March 6 release :

Rose went on to blame legal issues, "complications" with tour scheduling and album/video plans, and a "lack of respect" by the band's management. He announced that manager Mercuriadis had been fired, and he canceled four concerts scheduled for next month.

Really?

An excerpt from the AP article about the March 6 release :
Rose went on to blame legal issues, "complications" with tour scheduling and album/video plans, and a "lack of respect" by the band's management. He announced that manager Mercuriadis had been fired, and he canceled four concerts scheduled for next month.

Really?

Yep... where have you been?

reading Merck`s statement it makes clear to me that chinese democracy delay is Axl´s fault, the inspiration didn´t come to him and that´s the main cause the disc is not finished, that´s all ... the rest of things stated by Axl are excuses. Even Merck said they were going to put a single out the labor day (1st of may). I think is proof enough to understand who´s fault

Hmmm... when was the whole IRS single thing happening. I don't really remember, but I do remember having my thread taken down b/c I said that the local radio station had a "promo disc", I think they called it, with an IRS single on it (granted, I only saw a picture of it). I wonder if the wheels for a single were that far in motion...