Third single Street of Dreams (new picture page10)

The promotional single has a distorted image of a chinese woman smoking in the cover.

Maybe it isn't fake. :shrugs:

The woman sure seems to me to be Bai Ling, Mickey R's current squeeze.

mickeynbai.jpg

I don't think this would be a bad choice for a single. This is the most old school sounding of the new tracks.

As for the TIL question. I think yes, he'd get ripped by some idiots if he released it as a single. But, if he'd hook up with the Twight folks and released it with the New Moon movie, he'd sell MILLIONS of copies. I can't really imagine him doing that though. He does a good job of keeping the GnR image up. I think there would have to be a young woman in his life like a niece or something who was in love with the series to go for it. My daughter sure would be happy though. :P

Yeah, it really looks like her.

I dont think its a bad choice for a single, like you said. Maybe it wouldnt be my choice, but it might work very well to the general public

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I really hope this is fake. 'Street of Dreams' is one of my least-favourite songs on the album.

'This I Love' should be the next single, hand's down. How many times can this guy shoot himself in the foot?

I dont think its a bad choice for a single, like you said. Maybe it wouldnt be my choice, but it might work very well to the general public

I really think it looks like her too. I personally do like the image. I'm a smoker, so I have a few wallpapers that are simular to this I use for my moods. I like Bai Ling as well. She's quirky and strange and has the balls just to be herself even though the press picks on her so much. She's actually a great choice for a model for Axl. If not fake, it makes a cool statement about his character for me.

SOD wouldn't be my choice either. But, my best friend would disagree. I do think it's a good transition song - connects the old with the new. I guess I mean somewhat like a bridge between the two. It's the one that could make those that have the impression that CD would be too far removed from old Guns for their taste go, "Wait a minute. I though Axl dumped the old Guns style. Maybe I should have judged for myself." Who knows though.

I really think it looks like her too. I personally do like the image. I'm a smoker, so I have a few wallpapers that are simular to this I use for my moods. I like Bai Ling as well. She's quirky and strange and has the balls just to be herself even though the press picks on her so much. She's actually a great choice for a model for Axl. If not fake, it makes a cool statement about his character for me.

SOD wouldn't be my choice either. But, my best friend would disagree. I do think it's a good transition song - connects the old with the new. I guess I mean somewhat like a bridge between the two. It's the one that could make those that have the impression that CD would be too far removed from old Guns for their taste go, "Wait a minute. I though Axl dumped the old Guns style. Maybe I should have judged for myself." Who knows though.

I was just thinking that if she is dating Mickey Rourke (which i didnt know), it makes sense to have her helping out. Axl gave sweet child to the move ""the wrestler", and that maybe made it easy for them to point in the same direction and having a chinese symbol like her with all she symbolizes as a person (as you were saying) promoting the GnR Album

Not promo CDs of full albums -- singles. Singles usually don't have artwork, but there are exceptions.

I was just thinking that if she is dating Mickey Rourke (which i didnt know), it makes sense to have her helping out. Axl gave sweet child to the move ""the wrestler", and that maybe made it easy for them to point in the same direction and having a chinese symbol like her with all she symbolizes as a person (as you were saying) promoting the GnR Album

On the other hand, someone could simply be exploiting Axl's connection to Mickey Rourke/The Wrestler in order to make a legitimate-looking fake...

On the other hand, someone could simply be exploiting Axl's connection to Mickey Rourke/The Wrestler in order to make a legitimate-looking fake...

cmon, i hope i dont have to say this again...this came directly from Universal's office, so unless universal is joking around...of course this is legit, the only problem is that people always like to complicate.

cmon, i hope i dont have to say this again...this came directly from Universal's office, so unless universal is joking around...of course this is legit, the only problem is that people always like to complicate.

My bad - I didn't know it came from Universal. I guess it's real then, in that case. Bummer.

What do you do in the music business to get promos from universal?

I do some studies about creativity in music composers, musical movements, etc...but thats not the reason i get promos. I'm very well connected in the music industry and thats how i get promos and albuns..

Edited by Journeyman

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

This I Love would have been a better choice. I don't like any of them very much, but it's the two most radio-friendly on the album.

I do some studies about creativity in music composers, musical movements, etc...but thats not the reason i get promos. I'm very well connected in the music industry and thats how i get promos and albuns..

ok,

can you send me anymore promos if you get them.

What's wrong with the artwork? It looks pretty cool. It's just a little blurry.

SOD is the right 3rd single if you think of the best song to grab the avg. listener upon 1st listen. Also sounds the most like Old GNR's radio friendly ballads.

To me, it doesn't look fake. It makes sense, as it is a logical choice, but why release a new single when the video for Better isn't even out yet??

because better already peaked and is falling at lightning speed.....theres no use to release a better video really when the single has played its course..

that being said...if GNR dont promote "street of dreams" or release a single...it will face the same fate as "better" its too bad because a few interviews and a video and I think BETTER couldve been a big rock hit....but it only peaked at #18...

To me, it doesn't look fake. It makes sense, as it is a logical choice, but why release a new single when the video for Better isn't even out yet??

because better already peaked and is falling at lightning speed.....theres no use to release a better video really when the single has played its course..

that being said...if GNR dont promote "street of dreams" or release a single...it will face the same fate as "better" its too bad because a few interviews and a video and I think BETTER couldve been a big rock hit....but it only peaked at #18...

they have to promote betteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer 3 singles without promotion or videos?? whats that?? whats happening to universal?

I was just thinking that if she is dating Mickey Rourke (which i didnt know), it makes sense to have her helping out. Axl gave sweet child to the movie ""the wrestler", and that maybe made it easy for them to point in the same direction and having a chinese symbol like her with all she symbolizes as a person (as you were saying) promoting the GnR Album

Agreed. As many people who have complained about how challenging Axl is to work with, just as many are loyal because he clearly believes in inclusion - helping out his friends. His hooking up Riki Rac with Mtv is a good example. More recently his purcahse of his ex's art piece for CD. This would be a consistant pattern.

ok, journeyman sent me the pics via email, thanks dude, good stuff

sod1wa3.jpg

sod2jk7.jpg

Uh...it looks fake to me. :shrugs:

The text on the pamphlet looks like it was done in Paint. Also, I don't think radio promos usually have artwork on the discs...

thats a bit ignorant...i could send you pictures of all the promos I have...but then again, why bother. Believe it if you want..i know its the real deal, its directly from the record company...and i dont think they are faking it

Exciting stuff,interesting choice,i love TIL but i think it would have been better recieved a few years ago,It is an emotional epic song and i think people would use that to take the piss out of Axl at the moment.i do think these release are wierd though,we are still waiting for that video and here we are with promotion for a new song! :blink:

Edited by juadlu

The writing on the cover looks patheticly fake... and that was my first thought, but on the other hand... do we actually expect something more professional?

I think there are better choices, but I expected this to be the next single... should be good for the general public. A little promotion would help this time though.

One thing I do find odd though is that the cover image goes right to the left edge of the CD case. Is the image pasted on the front rather than on the inside of the plastic cover like they normally are?

Edited by CDNGNR