Third single Street of Dreams (new picture page10)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITW better be the big summer single. Axl, good luck with this song, it's a classic.

Don't you think they should release ITW now then, because if SOD performs like Better did that is it for singles off this album. Releasing something new like ITW for the make or break single seems a better idea to me than a song that has essentially been in circulation for 8 years now.

I think SOD is the safest bet for a single because it sounds like old school GN'R. Regardless of it being in circulation. ITW is so different in its sound, despite its fantastic melodies, it may alienate many narrow-minded people out there.

Ali

Gotta be the most ignorant post of the day. I'm a huge fan of the new album, but I hate that song with a passion, does that make me narrow-minded? Keep in mind I like Shacker's Revenge and This I Love (the 2 songs that sound nothing like old Guns).

ITW better be the big summer single. Axl, good luck with this song, it's a classic.

Don't you think they should release ITW now then, because if SOD performs like Better did that is it for singles off this album. Releasing something new like ITW for the make or break single seems a better idea to me than a song that has essentially been in circulation for 8 years now.

I think SOD is the safest bet for a single because it sounds like old school GN'R. Regardless of it being in circulation. ITW is so different in its sound, despite its fantastic melodies, it may alienate many narrow-minded people out there.

Ali

Gotta be the most ignorant post of the day. I'm a huge fan of the new album, but I hate that song with a passion, does that make me narrow-minded? Keep in mind I like Shacker's Revenge and This I Love (the 2 songs that sound nothing like old Guns).

Naw, he was just sayin' that the general public would recognize that SOD is closer to the old Guns' sound than ITW is.

Ali

Wow, way to misinterpret my post :) Hating the song in and of itself doesn't make you narrow-minded. That is, if you've given it a fair chance. Many people who are deeply attached to the old band's sound will dismiss ITW right off the bat because it is so different in sound. Unfortunately, with radio, you can't take that kind of risk with a song when you are trying to bring people into buying the record. It may be one and done with some people and they won't give it a chance to grow on them. Having a song that sounds closer to old school GN'R is a safer way to go.

Ali

SOD is the most recognizably GNR track on the album.

It's like something off UYI and sounds like the most commercial thing on the album. Perfect for playing on the radio or sports car stereos.

This may be true.

But am I the only one that thinks its odd that the only evidence of this single that exists is a newbie on a message board.

No, single listed on industry and radio websites, no mention on the GNR website, or the myspace, HTGTH, no radio station announcement or radio station website anywhere in the U.S. - it just don't add up.

Even if someone uploaded a radio edit, it don't mean dick. (computers are excellent for editing audio tracks)

I have heard the original leaks of Chin Dem edited so that the AIM noises were gone, what does a bad quality radio edit prove?

Edited by lost in the garden

Ali

Wow, way to misinterpret my post :) Hating the song in and of itself doesn't make you narrow-minded. That is, if you've given it a fair chance. Many people who are deeply attached to the old band's sound will dismiss ITW right off the bat because it is so different in sound. Unfortunately, with radio, you can't take that kind of risk with a song when you are trying to bring people into buying the record. It may be one and done with some people and they won't give it a chance to grow on them. Having a song that sounds closer to old school GN'R is a safer way to go.

Ali

Valid point I think. It will be interesting to see if they actually push this song. I'm thinking if they can turn SOD into a hit, hopefully with a video, they might then release Better along with a video (the way they did with WTTJ back in the day after SCOM took off). Then ITW in the spring. This is probably the way to go if they are serious at all about promoting the album. If you think about it, that's arguably the top three songs on Chi Dem in terms of hit potential, and they may have a chance to try this all over again.

Edited by KBear

I dont see why we shouldnt believe this is real, the artwork isnt the best but neither is the artwork on most singles, and why would anybody fake this and send it to this dude? Ooooo real prankster

cant say i know much about promotional singles though

I'd like Sorry for a third single better, 'cause it's a different kind of power ballad it has no piano and then they could realise This I Love wich has piano and symphonic arrangements, two opposite songs of the same type wich can become grand singles.

But Street Of Dreams is a good choise too, all tho I hated the "radio edit" if it's real anyways...

Edited by Cold Razor

I think it has more mass appeal than CD, Shackler's and Better.

ITW falls in between a ballad (which everyone loves) and a funky RNB James Bond theme which isn't complete commercial suicide either.

The most moderate song is SOD.

To me it doesn't even feel like there has even been a 1st real single yet. SOD would be a great choice for a single after plugging away with a rocker 1st. They should focus their efforts on Better.....then drop SOD.

I genuinely think this album could have done heaps better with just a little more effort by whoever it is that needs to make it.

Speaking from a U.S. perspective, I simply cannot imagine songs like ITW or TWAT playing through the radio to American audiences. It simply would not catch on, imo. I can't imagine people singing along to TWAT.

It comes down to which songs have the most mainstream appeal to the biggest consumer area in the world (the U.S.).

The "average Joe" or college kid driving down the highway with the radio on....and what they can sing along to.

And imo songs like TWAT are nowhere near that category.

I don't expect "average Joe" to sing those lyrics.

I expect him to sing lyrics to songs like SCOM.

From this perspective, this new single choice makes perfect sense.