Third single Street of Dreams (new picture page10)

Spoke to Interscope Records today.

Was told that there is no decision on what the next single will be.

This may be a legit promo for the European, or another country, but the U.S. has no 3rd single confirmed. This, according directly to the label.

Thanks for doing the research.

I was too lazy to go through the trouble.

I just thought it was obvious that with no other media outlet in the U.S. having any word on this single,

that it did not exist.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood the love this song got/gets. I like it ok but whatever. Better is the most radio friendly track on the album and hasn't done that well, I can not see this doing anywhere near CD or Better. If I am wrong then that will be a good thing.

I never understood the love this song got/gets. I like it ok but whatever. Better is the most radio friendly track on the album and hasn't done that well, I can not see this doing anywhere near CD or Better. If I am wrong then that will be a good thing.
Spoke to Interscope Records today.

Was told that there is no decision on what the next single will be.

This may be a legit promo for the European, or another country, but the U.S. has no 3rd single confirmed. This, according directly to the label.

Thanks for doing the research.

I was too lazy to go through the trouble.

I just thought it was obvious that with no other media outlet in the U.S. having any word on this single,

that it did not exist.

Third Single? There hasn't been a first single yet!

Until I can buy a physical CD then there hasn't been a single yet.

Better didn't do well because it was never released, they just sent a copy of the song to radio stations.

So if there's a video for better then release it properly on CD with another catchy track from the album like Shacklers Revenge (double A?) and release the video. Hopefully Axl can pull enough members from the many people on CD to actually play the song live a couple of times on a couple of big shows.

Axl should go on Jonathan Ross in the UK and play it. Would be cool if Axl was in the mood and could have a laugh with Wossy.

Never gonna happen, but they should at least release a proper hard coppy single and video of better.

LP

Edited by Longpig

Better didn't do well because it was never released, they just sent a copy of the song to radio stations.

So if there's a video for better then release it properly on CD with another catchy track from the album like Shacklers Revenge (double A?) and release the video. Hopefully Axl can pull enough members from the many people on CD to actually play the song live a couple of times on a couple of big shows.

Axl should go on Jonathan Ross in the UK and play it. Would be cool if Axl was in the mood and could have a laugh with Wossy.

Never gonna happen, but they should at least release a proper hard coppy single and video of better.

LP

I agree digital singles suck

you can buy the promo singles if you really want them

I agree digital singles suck

you can buy the promo singles if you really want them

No I don't want the promos! There more pointless than digital downloads - I have the song on the album, they don't have a b-side, and they don't even contribute to a chart position.

My point was more about that fact that people couldn't buy these singles from a shop, can't see a video, can't listen to a b-side and can't see the band promoting it. Because of this no one requests it, radios don't play it (often) and no-one hears it. Impact on Album sales: Nil.

Now I don't understand how people can call things singles if a couple of the things above are true, let alone all of them.

So let's stop calling them singles, all that happened is someone sent some CDs to some other people. That's just post.

LP

Edited by Longpig

If The World should be the next single. That thing can blow up big if Guns play their cards right. I can just imagine it, the video clip. Our man Axl and his men going through towns slicing people's necks and breaking it down with some prosties in a seedy brothel followed by 2 minutes of doing coke off a toilet seat (yeah I know Slash did it in 1989 but it fits my idea of the clip great mmmk?).

Prosties sounds like a fishy breakfast cereal.

LP

If The World should be the next single. That thing can blow up big if Guns play their cards right. I can just imagine it, the video clip. Our man Axl and his men going through towns slicing people's necks and breaking it down with some prosties in a seedy brothel followed by 2 minutes of doing coke off a toilet seat (yeah I know Slash did it in 1989 but it fits my idea of the clip great mmmk?).

LP

I'm sure if you ate out either a prostitute or a fishy breakfast cereal, it would taste the same.

I was making a pun on this cereal:

frostiesST_250x350.jpg

If I was under 25 I might have photo-shopped it, but I'm not so I haven't.

LP

LP

I'm sure if you ate out either a prostitute or a fishy breakfast cereal, it would taste the same.

frostiesST_250x350.jpg

LP

We don''t have Kelloggs cereal around my part of town. The only cereal we get is Goody Grains - features 5 kinds of wheatgerm. Really stimulating stuff.

You haven't live until you've had frosties and long-life milk..................

LP

LP

frostiesST_250x350.jpg

LP

We don''t have Kelloggs cereal around my part of town. The only cereal we get is Goody Grains - features 5 kinds of wheatgerm. Really stimulating stuff.

You haven't live until you've had frosties and long-life milk..................

LP

Long-life milk??

:vomit:

Semi-skimmed or full fat for that extra taste for me B)

There was a promo single for Chinese Democracy available for purchase in Germany, so that single actually did chart. But not very good since it was a very limited release. It was strange anyway ... putting out a promo single for sale. I found that kinda fishy. But the whole release was completely out of line. Nothing was done properly. It was the most amateurish album release ever.

But it's true there still is no second single. Some people claim that Better was the second single, but think it was a failure since it didn't chart on any sales charts, only on download and airplay charts. But oh well ... no wonder it didn't chart on any sales charts when there was no physical release ... cos that's what makes sales charts ...

Once a second single is out, it will chart on sales charts worldwide. It's as easy as that ...

I agree with this, I'd be happy with just a radio and an LP cut on the single, but imagine remixes or acoustic versions, or perhaps old songs that have been scrapped, now that I would buy without hesitation.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Sorry should be the third single

I love it, but don't think it's radio friendly + people won't recognize it as GNR.

most people won't recognize any of those tracks as GNR

Yeah, those under 13 who haven't heard Axl's voice before.

It's by far the worst song for a single...

"Sorry" is really overated by alot of the fans. The song just does nothing for me. Poor lyrics and very repetitive (not in a good way). Probably the worst song on the album and GNR's most boring song.

That's called "My World.

Edited by Cold Razor

It's by far the worst song for a single...

"Sorry" is really overated by alot of the fans. The song just does nothing for me. Poor lyrics and very repetitive (not in a good way). Probably the worst song on the album and GNR's most boring song.

"Street of Dreams" has the most potential because of all the songs on CD it sounds the most like "old Guns" so the casual fans may latch onto it.

Who knows?

Don't agree at all. Great lyrics, beautiful music, great melodies and a killer guitar solo. I think "Sorry" is one of the best songs on the album.

Ali