The Evolution of Axl

Vincent Vega

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a little scared seeing the '02 picture of him with the cigar. It is a good picture but come on he looks like he's 25 and we all know he's 40 in that pic. If people are really believing he had no work done, then he must be the only man in the world to look younger and have MORE hair at 45 than he did at 30. In all honesty, I am just curious as to WHAT exactly he had done as the reports vary to the specific procedures (botox, chemical peel, etc, etc.). For me, he's no less of a person for wanting to improve his appearance but it was so drastic in the early 00's that one can't help but wonder what he had done. And if you think that is ridiculous for me to say, it is more ridiculous for one to think he's had NOTHING done to his hair or face.

I got a little scared seeing the '02 picture of him with the cigar. It is a good picture but come on he looks like he's 25 and we all know he's 40 in that pic. If people are really believing he had no work done, then he must be the only man in the world to look younger and have MORE hair at 45 than he did at 30. In all honesty, I am just curious as to WHAT exactly he had done as the reports vary to the specific procedures (botox, chemical peel, etc, etc.). For me, he's no less of a person for wanting to improve his appearance but it was so drastic in the early 00's that one can't help but wonder what he had done. And if you think that is ridiculous for me to say, it is more ridiculous for one to think he's had NOTHING done to his hair or face.

He doesn't look younger. He looks the same but heavier in the face.

And he DEFINITELY does not have more hair now than he did in 1992, let's say.

You know, not everybody ages the same. My brother in law is 41 years old and doesn't have a single line on his face. I've seen photos of him from the 1980s and he looks EXACTLY the same.

my god, he changed ALOT between 1998 and 2000.... :shocked:

Yes this is right around the time he got his hairplugs and facial treatment...seriously. There is a marked difference in those 96-97 pics and the ones after these procedures. His complexion is plasticky and his hair got magically thicker.

Oh for fuck's sake.

axl01526x801.jpg

2002?

looks fucking bad ass

Yes this is right around the time he got his hairplugs and facial treatment...seriously. There is a marked difference in those 96-97 pics and the ones after these procedures. His complexion is plasticky and his hair got magically thicker.

Oh for fuck's sake.

axl01526x801.jpg

2002?

looks fucking bad ass

Always been a favourite pic of mine, he looks very cool here.

Axl looks like he is 22-25 in the 2002 pic. He has had some sort of work done. I don't see that it has changed his musical talent or voice though. And that should be all that matters to his fans.

Edited by sleeper

Oh for fuck's sake.

Seriously man, get off Axl's nuts. YOU create a thread about Axl's LOOKS and you expect no one to point out obvious differences in his hairline and face? His hairline was obviously denser and leveled out during rock in rio III then it was during ANYTIME during UYI. I don't know if it was a wig or a hair transplant, but if you don't like the comments about his looks, don't make threads about them, or simply ignore the posts.

Edited by Young_Gun

Oh for fuck's sake.

Seriously man, get off Axl's nuts. YOU create a thread about Axl's LOOKS and you expect no one to point out obvious differences in his hairline and face? His hairline was obviously denser and leveled out during rock in rio III then it was during ANYTIME during UYI. I don't know if it was a wig or a hair transplant, but if you don't like the comments about his looks, don't make threads about them, or simply ignore the posts.

Why is it then, that pictures of Axl taken in 1993 and 2001 from the same angle, look the same? If his face looked so different, how can it look the same?

As to the hair...It's really not thicker. Also, a friend of his during that period said he took nutritional pills for his "nails and hair", and I also read he had went on an intense health kick and became very conscious of his physical health. I don't know if taking some kind of supplement or something could have an effect on your hair.

Besides, does his hair here:

l_56c742301bc0fb04948083b7e388670b.jpg

Look thicker than here:

axl-rose-082393-700p.jpg

Edited by Indigo Child

Oh for fuck's sake.

Why is it then, that pictures of Axl taken in 1993 and 2001 from the same angle, look the same? If his face looked so different, how can it look the same?

As to the hair...It's really not thicker. Also, a friend of his during that period said he took nutritional pills for his "nails and hair", and I also read he had went on an intense health kick and became very conscious of his physical health. I don't know if taking some kind of supplement or something could have an effect on your hair.

Look thicker than here:

axl-rose-082393-700p.jpg

So you are admitting his face does look the same? Wow you switched sides very quickly. I would think that a naturally aging man's face would look DIFFERENT in 8 years wouldn't you??

And no, no health supplements, pills, voodoo magic can make your hair gain that much density.

And congrats for posting one picture where we cannot see Axl's hairline because it is combed down, great proof on your part.

You really think this is a naturally hairline?

acca.jpg

Hair starting from no where. Insane density, no loss of thickness ANYWHERE. It looks glued on, just like most wigs do!

to get get decent braids, you have to pull the hair back (the forehead is pulled back) as tight as you can. also braids tends to stop hair loss, as your hair protected.

I tend to think axl didn't have any work done, but who knows.

edit: doubt he has hair plugs, but I wouldn't suprised if he had a weave (yes white people can get them to).

Edited by SunnyDRE

Oh for fuck's sake.

Look thicker than here:

axl-rose-082393-700p.jpg

So you are admitting his face does look the same? Wow you switched sides very quickly. I would think that a naturally aging man's face would look DIFFERENT in 8 years wouldn't you??

And no, no health supplements, pills, voodoo magic can make your hair gain that much density.

And congrats for posting one picture where we cannot see Axl's hairline because it is combed down, great proof on your part.

acca.jpg

Hair starting from no where. Insane density, no loss of thickness ANYWHERE. It looks glued on, just like most wigs do!

Yeah, it looks the same with age. Capice?

Why not? Just changing my shampoo brand changes how thick and curly my hair looks....

I think it's pretty obvious that his hair was a bit thinner in 2001 than in 2003 as in that shot.

If you comb your hair back, or have it pulled back, PLUS BEING BRAIDED, it's going to be thicker than if you have it down, like he's had it for most of his career. And yes, the hairline with the braids matches his natural hairline. This is one of the only pictures we have of Axl with his hair deliberately pushed back (as in, not waving back while running on stage):

axlbathrx8.jpg

AxlRose2006Portrait_article_story_main.jpg

AxlTransform1.jpg

Also, those two pix: The first is January 1994, the second is 2006. Look at his face. His cheeks are fuller (no surprise given his weight gain), his eyes a little less fiery, but generally similar. Basically a guy who's aged but looks basically the same.

Edited by Indigo Child

Oh for fuck's sake.

Look thicker than here:

axl-rose-082393-700p.jpg

acca.jpg

Why not? Just changing my shampoo brand changes how thick and curly my hair looks....

I think it's pretty obvious that his hair was thinner in 2001 than in 2003 as in that shot.

If you comb your hair back, or have it pulled back, PLUS BEING BRAIDED, it's going to be thicker than if you have it down, like he's had it for most of his career. And yes, the hairline with the braids matches his natural hairline.

axlbathrx8.jpg

AxlTransform1.jpg

Don't show me pictures with Axl from the appetite era, before his hair started thinning, i specially said UYI era Changing shampoos doesn't increase the density at the root of the hair, not as drastically as it does at the tips, im talking about the frontal hairline.

Look at the 2002 VMA footage, Axl's face is shiny, bloated, plastic looking, raised eyebrows, young looking. Hmmmm those aren't trademark Botox symptoms at all!!!!!!!

SunnyDre, im talking about the frontal hairline mainly, where the hair starts, no dreads/braids can thicken that up as it has to get pulled back first. We only see the braid start directly from the skin here.

Regardling his face, he probably got small stuff like a chemical peel and botox done, nothing like Mickey Rourke or anything. Stop making it out like we mean he got 5 facelifts.

Anyway, im not getting into a pissing match with you indigo, you have shown time and time again that you think Axl is the perfect human being and can do no wrong whatsoever. But everytime you post some berating biased statement, im going to call you out on it.

Edited by Young_Gun

Oh for fuck's sake.

Look thicker than here:

axl-rose-082393-700p.jpg

acca.jpg

I think it's pretty obvious that his hair was thinner in 2001 than in 2003 as in that shot.

If you comb your hair back, or have it pulled back, PLUS BEING BRAIDED, it's going to be thicker than if you have it down, like he's had it for most of his career. And yes, the hairline with the braids matches his natural hairline.

axlbathrx8.jpg

AxlTransform1.jpg

Again, don't show me pictures with Axl and his hair down, that proves nothing. Changing shampoos doesn't increase the density at the root of the hair, not as drastically as it does at the tips, im talking about the frontal hairline.

Look at the 2002 VMA footage, Axl's face is shiny, bloated, plastic looking, raised eyebrows, young looking. Hmmmm those aren't trademark Botox symptoms at all!!!!!!!

SunnyDre, your right about braids increasing the thickness of the hair along the braid itself(like dreadlocks), im talking about the frontal hairline mainly, where the hair starts, no dreads/braids can thicken that up as it has to get pulled back first. We only see the braid start directly from the skin here.

Anyway, im not getting into a pissing match with you indigo, you have shown time and time again that you think Axl is the perfect human being and can do no wrong whatsoever. But everytime you post some berating biased statement, im going to call you out on it.

This was taken just days after the VMAS. Does his face look "bloated, plastic, shiny, raised eyeblows, young looking"?

axlkr0.jpg

Look: 1980s left, 2002 [same time frame as VMAS] right:

mhvvad.jpg

Oh for fuck's sake.

Look thicker than here:

axl-rose-082393-700p.jpg

acca.jpg

axlbathrx8.jpg

AxlTransform1.jpg

Again, don't show me pictures with Axl and his hair down, that proves nothing. Changing shampoos doesn't increase the density at the root of the hair, not as drastically as it does at the tips, im talking about the frontal hairline.

SunnyDre, your right about braids increasing the thickness of the hair along the braid itself(like dreadlocks), im talking about the frontal hairline mainly, where the hair starts, no dreads/braids can thicken that up as it has to get pulled back first. We only see the braid start directly from the skin here.

This was taken just days after the VMAS. Does his face look "bloated, plastic, shiny, raised eyeblows, young looking"?

axlkr0.jpg

mhvvad.jpg

Your a genius, surely Axl couldn't have gotten Botox done a day before the VMAs?!?!?!?! Nooooo thats impossible!!!!!!!!

How do you know the photo was taken days after? Is it dated? Does it have a date that it was taken? No. Stop spitting shit.

cccc.jpg

He looks fucken unrecognizable here.

Oh yeh, showing me pics with him wearing sunnies and having his hat halfway covering his face proves alot.

Edited by Young_Gun

Oh for fuck's sake.

Look thicker than here:

axl-rose-082393-700p.jpg

acca.jpg

axlbathrx8.jpg

AxlTransform1.jpg

axlkr0.jpg

mhvvad.jpg

Your a genius, surely Axl couldn't have gotten Botox done a day before the VMAs?!?!?!?! Nooooo thats impossible!!!!!!!!

cccc.jpg

He looks fucken unrecognizable here.

Oh yeh, showing me pics with him wearing sunnies and having his hat halfway covering his face proves alot.

Unrecognizable, you say?

swwwwo.jpg

Edited by Indigo Child

Well, there you go. One picture out of all the pics that look the same here. That's how he really looked. That could be any number of things. The lights were very bright, he had a big smile on his face which he typically doesn't do when he poses for pics.

I had cornrows (though we called it 'the Bo Derek') for a few weeks one summer. It pulled my skin very tight making my face look very severe, I showed a high forehead, which I don't really have. I don't think he's had anything done. But really, it's just hair and skin. It just doesn't matter.

Unrecognizable, you say?

swwwwo.jpg

No shit, young Axl wasn't red, bloated, shiny, plastic looking, semi-asian looking. Funny how you seem to pull out pictures from the Appetite era when we are discussing how Axl in his 40's...

Also, where did it say the photo was taken days after the VMAs? Or was that another "fact" you conjured up, just like the Pitman interview.

Oh for fuck's sake.

axl01526x801.jpg

2002?

That pic reminds me of Jar Jar Binks

11453982_gal.jpg

...Sorry couldn't help it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Waxl2002

No shit, young Axl wasn't red, bloated, shiny, plastic looking, semi-asian looking. Funny how you seem to pull out pictures from the Appetite era when we are discussing how Axl in his 40's...

Also, where did it say the photo was taken days after the VMAs? Or was that another "fact" you conjured up, just like the Pitman interview.

Well considering the issue here is whether he got botox, plastic surgery, etc, a picture taken from TOKYO 1992 (him smiling) shows that the smile he had the VMAs which you claimed make him look "unrecognizable" is his smile. He must've looked semi-Asian looking in 1992 as well....

Also, I'll get a professional page with those pictures. If I remember right, they date from the first week of September, 2002. The VMAS were August 29th 2002 I believe.

1992 VMAS:

1259284550186_f.jpg

2002 VMAS:

mv5bodczotk1mtezml5bml5.jpg

Edited by Indigo Child

Well considering the issue here is whether he got botox, plastic surgery, etc, a picture taken from TOKYO 1992 (him smiling) shows that the smile he had the VMAs which you claimed make him look "unrecognizable" is his smile. He must've looked semi-Asian looking in 1992 as well....

Also, I'll get a professional page with those pictures. If I remember right, they date from the first week of September, 2002. The VMAS were August 29th 2002 I believe.

He doesn't look semi-asian in that photo(not the photo with Elton), which i doubt is from 1992, it looks like Appetite era or pre-Appetite era. When did i ever mention his smile? I mentioned his shiny, plastic, stretched face and eyes. Do you not notice how raised Axl's eyebrows are in all the VMA shots compared to the shot with Elton??

Im not going to comment anymore about this anymore. Show me the page with those pictures INCLUDING the date of the photo, not just the date of the magazine, that won't prove shit, magazines use photos from whenever date, not just at the current time. If you are right, i will withdraw my comments and apologise. If not, you will lose whatever credibility you have left. I garuntee you it won't have a date of the actual photo.

1992 VMAS:

1259284550186_f.jpg

2002 VMAS:

He looks younger in the 2002 pic. But he looks great in both.

1992 VMAS:

1259284550186_f.jpg

2002 VMAS:

Exactly. I never said he doesn't look good, he looks the best out of all the original members. Doesn't mean he did it natural though.

He doesn't look semi-asian in that photo(not the photo with Elton), which i doubt is from 1992, it looks like Appetite era or pre-Appetite era. When did i ever mention his smile? I mentioned his shiny, plastic, stretched face and eyes. Do you not notice how raised Axl's eyebrows are in all the VMA shots compared to the shot with Elton??

Im not going to comment anymore about this anymore. Show me the page with those pictures INCLUDING the date of the photo, not just the date of the magazine, that won't prove shit, magazines use photos from whenever date, not just at the current time. If you are right, i will withdraw my comments and apologise. If not, you will lose whatever credibility you have left. I garuntee you it won't have a date of the actual photo.

You said his ''plastic stretched face and eyes'' and used a photograph of him smiling at the 2002 VMAS as evidence. I in turn used a photograph of him giving the same smile, which is a screencap from the 1992 Tokyo video, to disprove that he looked shiny or plastic. You said he looked "unrecognizable."

And no, it isn't the AFD era. Axl seemed to imply in his 2006 conversation with Eddie Trunk that the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert was the first time they met, because he mentions if I recall correctly how it was a little awkward given Axl's reputation due to One in a Million. There's only been two other (recorded) instances where they were notably together--The 1992 VMA's, and his induction into the RRHOF in January 1994. And that photo of him and Elton isn't from '94.

Axl's always had "raised eyebrows." Some people have straight ones. Others have curved. His have always been pretty curved.

1992 VMAS:

1259284550186_f.jpg

2002 VMAS:

Well, having facial hair like he does in the 1992 pic will do that to you, whereas his face is bare in 2002.