The Evolution of Axl

Vincent Vega

Bono is by far the most talented frontman of all time. He could sing November Rain backwards and it would still be better than the original.

Bono is fucking gay. His music is family friendly crap. He's everything Rock n' Roll isn't. He's shit.

Want a good frontman? Freddie. Mick Jagger. Morrison. Frank Valli. John Lennon. Robert Plant. Those guys are frontmen.

Bono is a little pussy charity boy.

Bono's level of amazingness is all of those musicians plus Axl and multiplied by some ridiculously large number.

Besides, how much tickets did Freddie Mercury sell this year? None because he's dead.

Or probably 14 in music hell because he sucks. Literally too.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bono is by far the most talented frontman of all time. He could sing November Rain backwards and it would still be better than the original.

Bono is fucking gay. His music is family friendly crap. He's everything Rock n' Roll isn't. He's shit.

Want a good frontman? Freddie. Mick Jagger. Morrison. Frank Valli. John Lennon. Robert Plant. Those guys are frontmen.

Bono is a little pussy charity boy.

Bono's level of amazingness is all of those musicians plus Axl and multiplied by some ridiculously large number.

Besides, how much tickets did Freddie Mercury sell this year? None because he's dead.

Or probably 14 in music hell because he sucks. Literally too.

No.

Bono is a douche. He looks like one. He sings like one.

He should go stay in Darfur or whatever shithole he's plying his trade in now with his "Look at me, I'm a good guy, I do charity" shit.

A dead Freddie Mercury is still more exciting than a living Bono.

Steven Adler literally sucks too, does that mean you don't like him anymore?

Slash is boss a pussy.

Fixed. He cries now about how he was supposedly "strong armed." Yet in 1995, 1997, etc he basically said publicly he didn't care about the name. No one put a gun to his head. He just didn't care about the name.

Look at the show in 1992. Axl confronts him about Slash talking shit, and instead of saying, "Yeah, I said it", Slash starts mealy mouthing and denying what he had said.

You can clearly hear him saying, "It's another clothing change." Axl may have just stopped watching the monitors, pissed off hearing Slash say that. Axl would've only heard the initial cutesy remark. And when confronted about that, Slash could've simply said "Yeah, I was wrong--And I corrected myself." But he denies it saying it and gets all nervous.

Here's you're answer, from Axl himself:

DEL: When you and Slash aren't at each other's throats, you're really a force to be reckoned with.

AXL: Let me say something about us being at each other's throats: We haven't really been that way in the past year and a half. I love the guy. We're like opposite poles of energy, and we balance each other out. We push each other to work harder and complement each other that way. We had a run-in in Dayton [Ohio], because both myself and Dougie thought he said something shitty to me onstage. That was the night I cut my hand to the bone. Backstage we have monitors much like the ones onstage, and while I was back there dealing with my hand, I thought I heard him take a potshot at me. I wrapped my hand up in a towel and was like, "Let's get it taken care of, so I can finish the show." I came back onstage and was a dick to him and told him I'd kick his f?!king ass in front of 20,000 people. That was f?!ked up. I was wrong, and I apologized the second I realized I was mistaken. Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite.

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=11

hardly the person to ask about whose music sucks...

I have pretty damn, wide ranging tastes. But Bono is a a feg and his music sucks ass.

nah, you can hate but if what you said were true U2 wouldn't have found any audience.

The reason U2 has an audience is because they're as edgy as a glass of milk. They're not offensive. They're family friendly, radio friendly, commercialized CRAP.

none of what you described is crap. :shrugs:

You sound like my old metalhead friends.

I have pretty damn, wide ranging tastes. But Bono is a a feg and his music sucks ass.

nah, you can hate but if what you said were true U2 wouldn't have found any audience.

The reason U2 has an audience is because they're as edgy as a glass of milk. They're not offensive. They're family friendly, radio friendly, commercialized CRAP.

They're like all those pussy "let's all share our touchy feely feelings" bands. All that post grunge shit like Bush and whatnot. Except at least Grunge and post Grunge had good guitar riffs and some aggression.

U2 is just Disney rock.

You are just jealous that Bono is so talented and such a good person that you find excuses to belittle him. Even Axl has played with him, but we all know who really stole the show...

Besides Steven kicks ass. Drug addiction is a terrible sickness. Shame on you.

Steven blew. I don't care what drugs you're on, a straight man doesn't suck cock.

Bono is gay and I don't care if Axl loved U2 and played with them. They're still CRAP to me. They're everything that's wrong with Rock. They're like neutered rock, which is why Rap took over--Rock lost it's balls with bands like U2.

They're like all those pussy "let's all share our touchy feely feelings" bands. All that post grunge shit like Bush and whatnot. Except at least Grunge and post Grunge had good guitar riffs and some aggression.

U2 is just Disney rock.

And yet people here lose their shit over stuff like This I Love :rolleyes:

You are just jealous that Bono is so talented and such a good person that you find excuses to belittle him. Even Axl has played with him, but we all know who really stole the show...

Steven blew. I don't care what drugs you're on, a straight man doesn't suck cock.

Bono is gay and I don't care if Axl loved U2 and played with them. They're still CRAP to me. They're everything that's wrong with Rock. They're like neutered rock, which is why Rap took over--Rock lost it's balls with bands like U2.

You think Axl's new record is rock? Buddy, that has more pop elements than Bono has ever used.

U2 is all about bringing good music. Listen to City of Blinding Lights. That itself, is more rock than post 1998 Axl.

U2 is just Disney rock.

And yet people here lose their shit over stuff like This I Love :rolleyes:

There's a difference. Not every single GN'R song takes the This I Love route.

Whereas every U2 song is crap. Inoffensive, commercialized crap. Everything that Rock wasn't supposed to be about. Rock was sex, anger, aggression, and violence. Rock was edgy; Sexual, subtle. Fun.

U2 is none of those.

You think Axl's new record is rock? Buddy, that has more pop elements than Bono has ever used.

U2 is all about bringing good music. Listen to City of Blinding Lights. That itself, is more rock than post 1998 Axl.

I've heard it. It makes Elton John look butch.

And at least CD had good licks and aggressive songs like Shackler's, Better and Rhiad.

Whereas every U2 song is crap. Inoffensive, commercialized crap. Everything that Rock wasn't supposed to be about. Rock was sex, anger, aggression, and violence. Rock was edgy; Sexual, subtle. Fun.

U2 is none of those.

That's because they're not a hard rock group. You're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole there...

U2 is none of those.

That's because they're not a hard rock group. You're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole there...

Unfortunately, to Joe Public, they represent modern rock.

Even Queen had more balls than U2.

U2 is great because The Edge is great. But it's not an either/or. There's a place for all of them. I don't find U2 better than GnR or vice versa. They're different and I like them both. I prefer hard rock, so I tend to listen to 2 GnR songs for each U2 song. Someone into a softer (not soft) rock might listen to more U2.

Steven is cool He's had a long, rough battle and appears to be coming through it and still playing his music. I have to respect him for that.

U2 is none of those.

Of course. Freddie loved balls.

U2 is none of those.

Of course. Freddie loved balls.

And yet he still was more of a rockstar and a better performer and frontman than Bono could ever dream of being.

And his music wasn't neutered down Pussy Rock. Thanks to bands like Bono, we've got Rap filling the 'dangerous' void which Rock once did.

Bono should just move to Africa already.

U2 is none of those.

balls, aggression, is not all that matters in rock. Can't be raw all the time.

U2 came in on the initial New Wave era, and all the 70s Punks were horrified at what the new bands were doing. They went soft, it goes in cycles.

This never an "either, or" situation.

U2 is none of those.

balls, aggression, is not all that matters in rock. Can't be raw all the time.

U2 came in on the initial New Wave era, and all the 70s Punks were horrified at what the new bands were doing. They went soft, it goes in cycles.

This never an "either, or" situation.

To fight against the ghetto rhythms, rock has to be more raw now.

No. Bono takes music to a whole new level.

You might think it's simple bland rock, but that's the genius of it. They took The Edge and showcased his guitar style into their own sound.

Guns N' Roses was the next Rolling Stones and Queen was comparable musically to Bowie among others. U2 was an 80's rock band, but they've developed into more than that. Now Coldplay an others are using the U2 style as their backbone, but it doesn't work that way. There will only be one U2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWdG8NoFXY0

Edited by Unknown Caller

And his music wasn't neutered down Pussy Rock. Thanks to bands like Bono, we've got Rap filling the 'dangerous' void which Rock once did.

Bono should just move to Africa already.

Bono is not a band.

And it was never up to them to fill the 'dangerous' whatever... They were already a long since established band. Way before GNR.

It was GNR who let everyone down by not sorting out their problems and delivering a kick ass rock album in 96ish. It was Metallica deciding to experiment with country songs, mellow tunes, trippy stuff and drop the whole thrash metal approach when it was needed the most.

It was the new bands who never came up with the goods on the same level as the legends that came before. With the exception of STP, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, almost no mainstream new bands produced anything memorable. 90s were a dire time for hard rock, because hard rock let it happen.

I'm reminded of that rant where Axl says it's no longer about the money, chicks, drugs and being the bad ass rock n roll man because, in his own words, "I can't fake it no more." So to say all the perks of touring in some way outweighed the negative bull crap he was going through is off the mark in my opinion.

But on the other hand he strong arms his band into signing over the name, and tries to take full control of the band and reduce his friends to employees. So I think it had a little to do with money....

But that's impossible. Forcing someone into a contract, no matter how lightly you push them, is illegal. If Axl had in any way forced the old band into that contract then he would have been sued straight into poverty. Axl showed them the contract, they accepted.

I'm reminded of that rant where Axl says it's no longer about the money, chicks, drugs and being the bad ass rock n roll man because, in his own words, "I can't fake it no more." So to say all the perks of touring in some way outweighed the negative bull crap he was going through is off the mark in my opinion.

But on the other hand he strong arms his band into signing over the name, and tries to take full control of the band and reduce his friends to employees. So I think it had a little to do with money....

But that's impossible. Forcing someone into a contract, no matter how lightly you push them, is illegal. If Axl had in any way forced the old band into that contract then he would have been sued straight into poverty. Axl showed them the contract, they accepted.

No. Axl put a gun to Slash's head, screamed "SIGN BITCH!", and Slash began whimpering, saying, ""No-No Axl..No..Think of the fans...I only love the fans...Not money at all. NO AXL!" Axl proceeded to beat innocent, sweat, childlike Slash, who only loves music and the fans, senseless and then forged his signature. And then he beat Slash again just because he could, that evil man that he is!

Oh, and he also committed the second holocaust which history books don't talk about.

No. Axl put a gun to Slash's head, screamed "SIGN BITCH!", and Slash began whimpering, saying, ""No-No Axl..No..Think of the fans...I only love the fans...Not money at all. NO AXL!" Axl proceeded to beat innocent, sweat, childlike Slash, who only loves music and the fans, senseless and then forged his signature. And then he beat Slash again just because he could, that evil man that he is!

As I recall, that's just the way it happened. Axl also screamed repeatedly "And initial here... And initial here..." as they had to initial each changed section to acknowledge that they saw the changes.