The Evolution of Axl

Vincent Vega

What about in 1995, when Axl supposedly formed the new contract? The new "legal" Guns N' Roses?

Duff was sober, I believe Slash was as well.

Again, if they were high/drunk in 1992 at the time of the contract signing, they could've contested it later in court on the grounds that they entered into a legal agreement while not in a state of mind which would enable them to make consenting decisions. They've never contested it legally. I wonder why.

This is the same Slash who first claimed he never went to Axl's house, and then only months later reversed his original story and said he did.

Slash never reversed his original story. He made a dismissive and ambiguous reply on a radio show. He never flat out said that he never went to the house.

Axl clearly lied to us forum members about his motive when he got Slash and others to sign away the name. That's most important that anything. I believe Slash is the one telling the truth.

I have serious doubts about the enforceability of the contract that signed over the name. If the contract getting Steven to sign away his rights wasn't legally binding there could very well be significant flaws in the contract that signed away the band name.

Were you there? You say he lied about his motive...How do you know? Do you live in his head?

Well, obviously Slash's lawyers since 1992 haven't seemed to find any flaws in it, or Slash at least since he hasn't tried to contest it. Please, face it, he is never going to be back in Guns.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=170485&st=45&p=2786711entry2786711

I don't think you live anywhere else other than your head.

I don't know why you went on to say "Please, face it, he is never going to be back in Guns" like it's supposed to get some emotive response out of me. Seriously I think you walk up and down the street IRL and say "Hi BBA" "Hi Madison" to random strangers. You need to get out more.

Fact of the matter is that Axl said to journalist David Wild in 2000 that he was upset friends thought he couldn't go anywhere without Slash. Ten years gone, bye. Well, they were right. Axl failed. Many people wouldn't want a reunion including me. Axl is done.

Nice post there, but I don't see the contradiction at all between what Axl said and what Alan Niven said. Alan Niven doesn't claim that Axl forced the band under duress to sign over the rights to the band's name to him should they break up. There's no indication from Axl that the contract renegotiation was not completed after Alan Niven was fired, which in turn would not contradict Niven's statement about the name transfer occurring after he stopped managing the group. We don't know when the contract renegotiation occurred (started and completed). Why would we, it's not our business.

Ali

Edited by Ali

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl should really just retire, right?

See we've come to the point in the conversation where it can't go any further, so I'll give it the same dignity that I give every Slashite.

And a semi intelligent conversation comes to a typical sad Miser conclusion.

You Slashites fight, I fight back. I see the world in terms of friends and enemies.

Slashites and Axlites cannot and should not be friends.

Damn, GnR fans can't be friends with other GnR fans because one of those fans may like Chinese Democracy while the other does not.

You're an idiot.

One group is out to try and stop the new band and do whatever they can to either get Axl to go away or make him reunite with Slash.

The other group just wants to be left alone and enjoy the new band.

Where's the facepalm when you need it.

You're acting as if you've never made a thread (usually more than one at a time) that has a main point of bashing Slash or the old band. You don't seem to want to "enjoy the new band and be left alone" as you constantly make threads about the old band, usually about how Slash is an evil fucker or how he's a master manipulator. Many people in that "group" you mentioned that apparently just want to enjoy the new band and be left alone specifically make threads or cupcake in the VR/Former Gunners sections.

Now I'm not making excuses about the other side of the coin, the people that cupcake the new band and hate on whatever Axl does, because those people are idiots too. But thinking that there's only one "group" of GnR fans that post stupid shit and cupcake for the sake of trolling is idiotic. Both sides do it. And both sides will probably continue to do it.

And for god sake, can you please stop saying that thing about Axl retiring? It seems to be your only line. If your going to get at people, use some new material.

So I'll put you in the "You want Axl to die/retire" crowd. He's done. He's crap. Hail Slash, cocksucker.

Now you are being purely hyperbolic for no reason. That must have to do with the fact that you don't like facts. You didn't acknowledge the evidence I provided. You didn't even acknowledge that evidence when I posted it as a reply to your original post in the other thread a month ago. You really have nothing to say. Nothing. That is why you fill up your posts with random banter like an incompetent rhetorician. Axl hasn't evolved. He's lost his way and now many people either hate him or feel sorry for him.

I think you say the sarcastic missives on Axl because you are looking for sympathetic thoughts to arise. Well, your strategy might be successful in generating that line of thinking. People may hate Axl a lot but I would opine that he is the member people feel sorry for the most.

Well, you say "he's done", so what do you want from him then?

I mean you say you don't want a reunion, and that he failed, so what else is there for him to do except retire?

I think they still cared they were still going into the studio and rehearshing and trying to make new music. They still wanted to perform so they must have cared. I think things happened on both sides that none of us will never know about. I have often wondered about all those "yes" people that Duff has spoken about that were around the band at the time.

What I think is interesting is Slash saying that Axl's side of the story is just as valid as his. There can't be two versions of the truth with both being valid. Either one side is the truth, or the other.

"There are three sides to every story: yours...mine...and the truth (This is my version.... and by the way it's all f***ing true!)"

- Robert Evans

Edited by axl8302

So I'll put you in the "You want Axl to die/retire" crowd. He's done. He's crap. Hail Slash, cocksucker.

Now you are being purely hyperbolic for no reason. That must have to do with the fact that you don't like facts. You didn't acknowledge the evidence I provided. You didn't even acknowledge that evidence when I posted it as a reply to your original post in the other thread a month ago. You really have nothing to say. Nothing. That is why you fill up your posts with random banter like an incompetent rhetorician. Axl hasn't evolved. He's lost his way and now many people either hate him or feel sorry for him.

I think you say the sarcastic missives on Axl because you are looking for sympathetic thoughts to arise. Well, your strategy might be successful in generating that line of thinking. People may hate Axl a lot but I would opine that he is the member people feel sorry for the most.

I mean you say you don't want a reunion, and that he failed, so what else is there for him to do except retire?

I am not in the equation. I didn't say I wanted him to retire. I just said he was done. I do believe he should stop using "Guns N' Roses" as his band name and I will say that is my opinion as a fan. I am not sure he should go as "Axl Rose" though since that name brand has deteriorated. He can go to Vegas and be a nostalgia act like Elton John and Sarah Brightman and many others.

Indeed. He's just a talentless loser.

He's a washed up Vegas act. He can only net 200 seats, if that. He never had any talent to begin with.

Get it all out! Come on get it all out!

I am not in the equation. I didn't say I wanted him to retire. I just said he was done. I do believe he should stop using "Guns N' Roses" as his band name and I will say that is my opinion as a fan. I am not sure he should go as "Axl Rose" though since that name brand has deteriorated. He can go to Vegas and be a nostalgia act like Elton John and Sarah Brightman and many others.

He's a washed up Vegas act. He can only net 200 seats, if that. He never had any talent to begin with.

Hey, if you don't like what people say, don't ask them to say anything. You're the only who pressed him on his opinion.

Hey, if you don't like what people say, don't ask them to say anything. You're the only who pressed him on his opinion.

Well I'm guessing you agree with him.

I'm guessing you either can't or don't like responding directly to what people say.

Edited by Nintari

I'm guessing you either can't or don't like responding directly to what people say.

I don't dignify enemies with real responses.

I can't debate and or have a rational argument with those of opposing views because I'm really a cupcake and don't give a shit.

Fixed

He can go to Vegas and be a nostalgia act like Elton John and Sarah Brightman and many others.

Agreed. Love Vegas, and this would be the perfect setting for Axl and this last man standing act that he tries to portray. I've thought this for years.

Of course you have, BBA.

Vegas, I must admit, would beat going in back alleys giving BJs like Adler does these days.

He can go to Vegas and be a nostalgia act like Elton John and Sarah Brightman and many others.

Agreed. Love Vegas, and this would be the perfect setting for Axl and this last man standing act that he tries to portray. I've thought this for years.

Of course you have, BBA.

Vegas, I must admit, would beat going in back alleys giving BJs like Adler does these days.

Seriously, Miser ... Get yourself some pussy, even if you have to pay for it.

So indigo child is a miser and BBA is 12 headed mygnr dragon?

Indigo child has been exposed. Responding to him/her is like talking to yourself.

HAHAHA! I agree. I suggested he kill himself and he went thermo nuclear in a PM. As if I was the first person to tell him that before, or the last who will say it.

Indigo you talk about enemies, and you feel all gnr-fans can be put in two camps, pro Axl or against. I think most fans on this board can't be put in one of the two. I am a fan of all orginal gunners and I am a fan of newguns. There is a middle way, you know.

Oh good let's talk about the name of the band being signed over to Axl.

What the fuck are you arguing or even talking about?

At the end of the day Axl has the name and they all signed it over to him. Most of the band probably regretted it at somepoint and obviously blamed Axl.

Whatever the real story it's probably not half as 'interesting' as people are trying to make out. I don't think Axl held a gun to their heads, but sure he probably threatened to quit the band if they didn't do it.

And regardless of what did happen it will change FUCK ALL! Things are as they are, talking about something that happened 20 years ago won't change anything.

And stop quoting people from interviews 10-15 years apart, don't you think their opinions might change?

If you're pissed about something you're gonna tell the story with more angst and blame against someone, and if you're not bothered you'll just say "yeah we signed it".

Shit changes, and most of the band were fucked up on some kind of substance that time and hazy recollections don't bode well for remembering details.

People should just fucking forget it. We know what happened, how it happened is pretty irrelevant except for the sad bastards trying to validate their prefence for their "favourite" member.

Clowns.

LP

Oh good let's talk about the name of the band being signed over to Axl.

What the fuck are you arguing or even talking about?

At the end of the day Axl has the name and they all signed it over to him. Most of the band probably regretted it at somepoint and obviously blamed Axl.

Whatever the real story it's probably not half as 'interesting' as people are trying to make out. I don't think Axl held a gun to their heads, but sure he probably threatened to quit the band if they didn't do it.

And regardless of what did happen it will change FUCK ALL! Things are as they are, talking about something that happened 20 years ago won't change anything.

And stop quoting people from interviews 10-15 years apart, don't you think their opinions might change?

If you're pissed about something you're gonna tell the story with more angst and blame against someone, and if you're not bothered you'll just say "yeah we signed it".

Shit changes, and most of the band were fucked up on some kind of substance that time and hazy recollections don't bode well for remembering details.

People should just fucking forget it. We know what happened, how it happened is pretty irrelevant except for the sad bastards trying to validate their prefence for their "favourite" member.

Clowns.

LP

No.

Yes

Indigo child has been exposed. Responding to him/her is like talking to yourself.

HAHAHA! I agree. I suggested he kill himself and he went thermo nuclear in a PM. As if I was the first person to tell him that before, or the last who will say it.

No comment on what discussion might have happened with Indigo, but suggesting that anyone kill himself is appropriate?

At least I'm not named for the arguably suckiest character in South Park.

At least I'm not named for the arguably suckiest character in South Park.

Keep on with your stuff Indigo no one wants anything to happen to ya! :thumbsup:

I've said it before and I'll say it again no doubt but there are certain reasons that many members on this board don't venture much outside of Anything Goes these days.

You should visit this section more often....it can be quite entertaining at times.

Axl should really just retire, right?

See we've come to the point in the conversation where it can't go any further, so I'll give it the same dignity that I give every Slashite.

And a semi intelligent conversation comes to a typical sad Miser conclusion.

You Slashites fight, I fight back. I see the world in terms of friends and enemies.

Slashites and Axlites cannot and should not be friends.

How sad it must be to only see the world in black and white. You're truly missing out.