The Evolution of Axl

Vincent Vega

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer my question.

He's probably my favorite musician. He gets enough shit due to his music, pretty much everything he does, or doesn't do is criticized, and I personally think the plastic surgery BS is just that--BS. It was born out of him being out of the spotlight for a long time and all these Howard Hughes type rumors sprung up due to him being a "recluse"--Even though he wasn't a recluse like Hughes was, he was just out of the "public eye." But I'm sure someone like you would believe Axl grew his fingernails to be 11 inches and watched the same movie 200 times a day. You'd push that rumor if you and your side could.

If you want to paint a celebrity as a creepy freak, the best way to do it post MJ is to claim they've had extensive plastic surgery. And I believe that was at work here. I see it as slander against Axl, and it pisses me off as a fan. Legitimate beefs like him showing up late, or him doing this or that I can understand, but not mud slinging bullshit aimed to basically make him look like a freak of nature.

But does it really matter what people think about Axl? People will say things regardless, you need to let go of this and let Axl take the punches. Besides, for all you know Axl may not care at all. The guy is a grown man. He doesn't need a nineteen year old to protect his image.

Plus it is kind of creepy. I can understand if you were defending him for a falsely excluded murder, but for an appearance? C'mon man!

I'm sure if people said Slash is wearing a wig, it'd bother you ;)

Your a joke Indigo, not everyone that criticizes Axl is a Slashite, they criticize him because he isn't perfect(sorry to spoil your dream).

Wasn't a recluse? Even his good friend Sebastion Bach didn't see him for over 10 years. He wasn't Howard Hughs recluse but he sure was a recluse.

But this will all go over the top of your head. But thats good, people are seeing your fanaticism on a wide scale now. Keep it up, you'll be the forum joke, if you aren't already.

Answer my question.

He's probably my favorite musician. He gets enough shit due to his music, pretty much everything he does, or doesn't do is criticized, and I personally think the plastic surgery BS is just that--BS. It was born out of him being out of the spotlight for a long time and all these Howard Hughes type rumors sprung up due to him being a "recluse"--Even though he wasn't a recluse like Hughes was, he was just out of the "public eye." But I'm sure someone like you would believe Axl grew his fingernails to be 11 inches and watched the same movie 200 times a day. You'd push that rumor if you and your side could.

If you want to paint a celebrity as a creepy freak, the best way to do it post MJ is to claim they've had extensive plastic surgery. And I believe that was at work here. I see it as slander against Axl, and it pisses me off as a fan. Legitimate beefs like him showing up late, or him doing this or that I can understand, but not mud slinging bullshit aimed to basically make him look like a freak of nature.

But does it really matter what people think about Axl? People will say things regardless, you need to let go of this and let Axl take the punches. Besides, for all you know Axl may not care at all. The guy is a grown man. He doesn't need a nineteen year old to protect his image.

Plus it is kind of creepy. I can understand if you were defending him for a falsely excluded murder, but for an appearance? C'mon man!

Your a joke Indigo, not everyone that criticizes Axl is a Slashite, they criticize him because he isn't perfect(sorry to spoil your dream).

Wasn't a recluse? Even his good friend Sebastion Bach didn't see him for over 10 years. He wasn't Howard Hughs recluse but he sure was a recluse.

But this will all go over the top of your head. But thats good, people are seeing your fanaticism on a wide scale now. Keep it up, you'll be the forum joke, if you aren't already.

Don't think he and Baz were that good of friends back in the early 1990s.

I'lll put it this way: All his bandmates (including Duff, Matt, and the "New Guns") all saw him on what was probably a daily basis between '94 and 2000.

Just because he wasn't out being a "celebrity" and attending events and galas and shit doesn't mean he was in his room with jars of piss screening the same film over and over again.

Lame.

What is the theme of Miser's threads for $500, Alex?

What is BBA hijacking yet another thread just to cupcake?

Oh, that's right. The topic of this thread was to discuss and compare a pic of Axl when he was a thin twenty something rock icon and compare it to his fat jelly donut fall from grace 2010 pic. Yeah, he hasn't changed at all!

Much better than discussing the reunion that will never, ever happen :rofl-lol:

Answer my question.

I'll defend indigo here.

The people who throw shit at Axl here, would go just as ape-shit and defensive if the same or similar was said about Slash -- let's not forget.

I'm a fan of Axl's and what indigo posted up there, part of it resonated with me. Noone said he's perfect.

Answer my question.

Don't think he and Baz were that good of friends back in the early 1990s.

I'lll put it this way: All his bandmates (including Duff, Matt, and the "New Guns") all saw him on what was probably a daily basis between '94 and 2000.

Just because he wasn't out being a "celebrity" and attending events and galas and shit doesn't mean he was in his room with jars of piss screening the same film over and over again.

Lame.

What is the theme of Miser's threads for $500, Alex?

What is BBA hijacking yet another thread just to cupcake?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=1&t=171340&qpid=2805371

Oh, that's right. The topic of this thread was to discuss and compare a pic of Axl when he was a thin twenty something rock icon and compare it to his fat jelly donut fall from grace 2010 pic. Yeah, he hasn't changed at all!

Much better than discussing the reunion that will never, ever happen :rofl-lol:

Um they hung around eachother all the time in the 90's. Axl got Skid Row to tour with them even though they could have booked a bigger band. It was Axl who contacted Bach in 2006, not the other way around. And you say they weren't good friends... oh yeh, that fits your motif of Axl not being a recluse, forgot that, sorry.

No shit Duff would have seen Axl more often then other people, im sure Howard Hughes wife and employees(of which Duff was) would have seen Howard almost daily/weekly, doesn't remove the recluse factor though.

This place is a fucking loony bin! It has to be one of the mot fucked up places on the internet. The recluse thing does fit for Axl. Read about howard Hughes and you will not compare Axl to him again, completly different people. Howard Hughes died a fucking mad man and spent years in a room in Vegas. Some bullshit journalist stared that tag and has stuck somehow, but only people with limited knowledge would use that. Who the fuck is BBA? I have been on here since 01, when it was a message board and I still dont know a single fucking one of you or your stupid fucking screen names. I percieve axl as the realest person to make into pop culture, that is why his dramatic change in appearence had an affect on the way i see him. I just dont belive a real person, espically a person in Axls position needed to do all that shit to himself.

Edited by Butters

This place is a fucking loony bin! It has to be one of the mot fucked up places on the internet. The recluse thing does fit for Axl. Read about howard Hughes and you will not compare Axl to him again, completly different people. Howard Hughes died a fucking mad man and spent years in a room in Vegas. Some bullshit journalist stared that tag and has stuck somehow, but only people with limited knowledge would use that. Who the fuck is BBA? I have been on here since 01, when it was a message board and I still dont know a single fucking one of you or your stupid fucking screen names. I percieve axl as the realest person to make into pop culture, that is why his dramatic change in appearence had an affect on the way i see him. I just dont belive a real person, espically a person in Axls position needed to do all that shit to himself.

butters-got-blood-south-park-3177398-460-355.jpg

btw, how come you've been here since 01 but signed up in november 10?

Edited by henfjel

butters-got-blood-south-park-3177398-460-355.jpg

You are the third person to do that. The Coon was taken, so shoot me. Butters is funny as hell anyways

haha, sorry but i could not resist ;)

how come you've been here since 01 but signed up in november 2010?

Well in 01, the forum was a blue and red message board it was kinda cool ,too. MyGNR even had a page of Axl rants you could download , but that was in like 96. I have been banned my madison twice, even when I didnt have access , I always was here looking and reading . Mostly loving it, but recently decided I miss dicussing Axl with people. So, you could say Iam back, but I have been here since 96. Who esle can say that?

haha, sorry but i could not resist ;)

how come you've been here since 01 but signed up in november 2010?

Well in 01, the forum was a blue and red message board it was kinda cool ,too. MyGNR even had a page of Axl rants you could download , but that was in like 96. I have been banned my madison twice, even when I didnt have access , I always was here looking and reading . Mostly loving it, but recently decided I miss dicussing Axl with people. So, you could say Iam back, but I have been here since 96. Who esle can say that?

say hi to gunsguy!

Edited by gunsguy

Axl has changed,but it's pretty normal.He'll turn 49 next month,so what were you expecting?If he has had surgeries or not,it's just his business.It's his life,he can do whatever he wants.For me he still looks great,he still rocks the stage.I don't care if you don't agree with me,everyone has the right to have his own opinion.

Indigo posted lots of god pics that show how he hasn't changed in the face that much at all, the only thing that makes it look a bit different is the lack of facial hair and his hair pretty much, I honestly doubt he had anything done, you guys think what the media says about him is more valid than it really is, haven't you learned?

Honestly..I'm sure he did have some work done, but who gives a fuck? It's everyone's right to do what they wanna do..nobody on this board can honestly say they wouldn't like to tweak their appearance in some way or another..what's the problem with doing it if you have the means?

Answer my question.

I'll defend indigo here.

The people who throw shit at Axl here, would go just as ape-shit and defensive if the same or similar was said about Slash -- let's not forget.

I'm a fan of Axl's and what indigo posted up there, part of it resonated with me. Noone said he's perfect.

Sorry but your wrong. I throw shit at Axl from time to time and i wouldn't get defensive if someone said similar shit about Slash, if its true, its true. Slash is going bald, Slash played with Fergie, Slash played on Paulina Rubio's track, Axl has hair plugs, Axl puts the Guns N' Roses name on fucken candles and beach towels etc. I've proven my point.

Edited by Young_Gun

Besides physically evolving, I was watching Axl's '90 interview with Kurt Loder...He seems so relaxed, so open minded, so idealistic there. Not overly idealistic but optimistic. Yet you watch say, an interview from '92 or the Making Fucking Videos thing from '93 and he seems so much more cynical, a little bitter, not nearly as optimistic. The UYU really aged him, IMO, physically and mentally

Besides physically evolving, I was watching Axl's '90 interview with Kurt Loder...He seems so relaxed, so open minded, so idealistic there. Not overly idealistic but optimistic. Yet you watch say, an interview from '92 or the Making Fucking Videos thing from '93 and he seems so much more cynical, a little bitter, not nearly as optimistic. The UYU really aged him, IMO, physically and mentally

It was a double album which was toured for 2.5 years at the age of ~30...hardly the case for extensive physical and mental aging. Axl burned all his bridges during and after that tour and has never fully recovered.

It was a double album which was toured for 2.5 years at the age of ~30...hardly the case for extensive physical and mental aging. Axl burned all his bridges during and after that tour and has never fully recovered.

I'd say touring the world for 2.5 years, dealing with all sorts of mental and emotional shit as well as fame could definately age a person, physically or mentally.