Axl thanking Beta at Rock in Rio III, 2001. A little fact I just noticed.

Nosaj, why do you say Beta got bitter and angrier?

For what she has showed in the years after Rio? The censoring in the forums, the PMS to Madison, the way she treats people who are willing to discuss or slightly criticize the band? I don't know I feel that wasn't her first plan to help Axl out.

You are hearing it wrong, he is not saying she is a manager or anything of the sort...

he is saying she has been a mother to me...... AND.... my manager... AND.... my other assistants

meaning she has been a mother to him personally as well as a mother to his manager, his other assistants and anyone in the band who ever needed her at any time.

You're right. Then she was surprised because he said she was also a mother to his manager? Maybe Portuguese people can tell if Beta translated that wrong? 'Cause I had the feeling that she understood it as I did.

Indeed she translated it wrong, but it wasn't her fault. Axl said: "She has been a mother to me, [to] my manager, [to] my other assistants, and [to] anyone in the band who ever needed her, at any time." She said: "I have been a mother to him, his manager, his assistent, and [have been a mother] to anyone in the band who need me at any time." That's it.

Edit: In other words, she didn't think Axl said she was a mother to the manager and to the other assistants.

Edited by nosidam

Nosaj, why do you say Beta got bitter and angrier?

For what she has showed in the years after Rio? The censoring in the forums, the PMS to Madison, the way she treats people who are willing to discuss or slightly criticize the band? I don't know I feel that wasn't her first plan to help Axl out.

You are hearing it wrong, he is not saying she is a manager or anything of the sort...

he is saying she has been a mother to me...... AND.... my manager... AND.... my other assistants

meaning she has been a mother to him personally as well as a mother to his manager, his other assistants and anyone in the band who ever needed her at any time.

You're right. Then she was surprised because he said she was also a mother to his manager? Maybe Portuguese people can tell if Beta translated that wrong? 'Cause I had the feeling that she understood it as I did.

Indeed she translated it wrong, but it wasn't her fault. Axl said: "She has been a mother to me, [to] my manager, [to] my other assistants, and [to] anyone in the band who ever needed her, at any time." She said: "I have been a mother to him, his manager, his assistent, and [have been a mother] to anyone in the band who need me at any time." That's it.

Edit: In other words, she didn't think Axl said she was a mother to the manager and to the other assistants.

Got it. Thank you.

Then, despite of what Axl really said, she thought that Axl called her his manager and the question still remains.

I have no problem with this aspect of Beta or team Brazil. They've given Axl the family he never had. That's great. If I criticize her or team Brazil it has to do with how they promote the band, the name, and in many ways how they have not promoted anything, but instead remain quiet like everything needs to be a surprise.

They signed up for that criticism when they took over management. I think the personal attacks are too far, but I have questioned how they have dealt with fans and guns n roses in general.

I'm glad Axl has someone he can trust. Maybe Axl would still be on top of the world without her, or he might not be part of this world anymore. I'm just glad we still have him to criticize and praise. His music has been big in my life and I know many others. I hope they keep/start pushing Guns forward though.

Sure everyone wants that to happen. What about Axl?

I wish I knew what Axl's plans are. He seems to be content giving a few tours here and there to make ends meet. I think he's done, ready to retire and enjoy his life now.

I was watching rio 2011 last night, and it's just sad how out of it he was. Then I watched Puerto Rico 2010 and it blew my mind how much energy and excitement he brought into every performance. Whatever happened between the end of 2010 and 2011 rio completely changed Axl. He went from the greatest frontman to a robotic version of his formal self. No album news, no new music. It's been a quiet road from there. Idk if he got a medication that mellowed him out or got some terrible news that depressed him. It just seems he's been lost for 3 years. I'm hoping he's got another run left in him. But right now it's not looking like GNR is going anywhere except Vegas.

Yup

But Nosaj's point is interesting...

Is it just me, ?

But when it comes to Axl's choice of words, when ever he starts bandying round the word Mother...

I cannot but help to associate the word Mother with (well u know....)

He says Mutha, we say Fukher

(isn't that how it goes?)

(potato/potatoe, tomato/tomatoe let's call the whole thing off)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8-ZKcOhiY

:headbang:

Guest Gunns

Is it just me, ?

But when it comes to Axl's choice of words, when ever he starts bandying round the word Mother...

I cannot but help to associate the word Mother with (well u know....)

He says Mutha, we say Fukher

(isn't that how it goes?)

(potato/potatoe, tomato/tomatoe let's call the whole thing off)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8-ZKcOhiY

:headbang:

oh look who's back posting, this is going to be interesting..

Guest Len B'stard

If anything it looks like she sort of took offence to how impersonal that sounds, like she thought she was specialier or more unique to him as opposed to a mother figure to him and all his mates.

Sure it was mentioned already in the thread - but didn't Beta give Axl some sorta ultimatum - Have TB take over as manager etc or she goes?

Will just throw my thoughts in for anyone who cares - At this stage Axl has been through enough managers - if he's happy with TB then so be it - am I happy? no. Reasons? Complaints, complaints complaints. That just really pissed me off. Made me think that they are in that bubble where they get to go around the world with Axl staying in the best hotels, eating the best food, watching gigs from the side of the stage that they think that all we do is complain - the reality is that we are probably some of the most forgiving fans you can get - however, there does reach a point where you just want the basics, of which GNR/Axl/TB aren't doing - which is releasing new music in a timely manner. I'll keep saying that till I'm blue in the face.
In terms of what she's done for Axl (getting him into a happy place) - then I cannot fault her and much respect for that.

• Like 3

Sure it was mentioned already in the thread - but didn't Beta give Axl some sorta ultimatum - Have TB take over as manager etc or she goes?

Will just throw my thoughts in for anyone who cares - At this stage Axl has been through enough managers - if he's happy with TB then so be it - am I happy? no. Reasons? Complaints, complaints complaints. That just really pissed me off. Made me think that they are in that bubble where they get to go around the world with Axl staying in the best hotels, eating the best food, watching gigs from the side of the stage that they think that all we do is complain - the reality is that we are probably some of the most forgiving fans you can get - however, there does reach a point where you just want the basics, of which GNR/Axl/TB aren't doing - which is releasing new music in a timely manner. I'll keep saying that till I'm blue in the face.

In terms of what she's done for Axl (getting him into a happy place) - then I cannot fault her and much respect for that.

Well said, I totally agree with that.

Just because they're enjoying the perks of his wealth, don't assume there's no drudgery involved.

It sounded like Beta knows numbers if she was working as an exec assistant and managing restaurants, so when she goes into the business meetings with him and sitting across from moguls, she's as sharp as anyone in that room, but she has an unassuming presence with an accent that probably makes them think she knows less than they do.

I do think she makes Axl get his hands dirty around the house, cooks his own meals, and does his own laundry. Maybe not scrub the toilets, that's probably left to the kids to do or hire someone to come in and deal with that. Someone's got to handle the mail, too, threats of being sued, and the "Axl is the baby daddy" lawyer letters.

Usually the people that get hired to do this stuff are a lot younger but they don't last. Her kids aren't kids, she's a grandma, so how much longer is she going to do this?

This thread reminded me of why I hate the "insiders" and "news reporters" so much.

"I spent 3 hours with Beta so I know her" - :lol:

On topic: I guess both Axl and Beta got more bitter with time. They have this stupid "us against the world" mentality that makes them see the fans as their enemies. BUT U CANT SAY DIS YOU DONT XCHANGE EMAIL WITH HERS!!!! - Well, I'm judging them from what I see. I'm sorry if I'm not a NEWS REPORTER!!! and can't spend a wonderful afternoon with them. So excuse me for having a different perception.

Dealing in any way with someone like Axl mustn't be an easy thing, and I've got give credit for Beta doing that. That being said truth is that she didn't for sure do that just thinking about Axl's well being - she must have taken good care of her and her children if you know what I mean… So it's basically a win-win situation for everyone, except (true) Gn'R fans.

He's normal there. He also looked normal in 2006/2007. He got bigger in 2009. People are always quick to call Axl fat. The truth is that he was skinny as fuck through the UYI days, so he'll always look "fat" in comparison.

Normal in 2001?? And skinny like fuck through the UYI days? You got to be kidding...

This looks like a real toned up body to me.

Axl during the UYI...

995732_661250387237287_26837829_n.jpg

• Like 1