Weird dreams/Nightmares

Gibson87

8 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

@DeadSlash It’s very freaky when you dream of deceased people you know, isn’t it?

Does anyone know the psychology of why we dream about loved ones who have passed away?

I wasn’t going to contribute to this thread, but last night I dreamt I was in my third marriage. Somehow the first guy I married was my friend’s ex who was a bit of a wet blanket. Totally not right for me. 

————-

As a side note, in real life this guy saw himself as a writer. He wrote fan fiction which involved my friend and himself having nasty sex to Crazy Bitch. She confirmed to me that this event was very much in the realm of non-reality. :lol:

95% of the time, yes.

I had one dream that was the most comforting dream I ever had, it was about a year after my Mother passed, and it was a very quick and lucid dream.  I was standing in front of my Mom, and I knew it was a dream, even though it felt real.  I asked her "This isn't going to last long is it?" and she said "I don't think so."  I asked her the most important question I could think of on the spot, and I asked her "Can you hear us when we talk to you?"  She looked at me like it was such a silly thing to worry about and she said "I think I hear what I need to hear, yes."  and then I woke up.  You might wonder why I didn't ask if she was in heaven or if she was ok, but I have always felt very strongly that she was, and nothing in the dream indicated she was in any kind of distress.

95% of my dreams around deceased relatives are unsettling in some way.

The worst is dreaming about someone you haven't seen in a long time, suddenly waking up at 4:30 am with a freaky feeling, only to find out the next day that your friend died at the exact time you woke up from that dream. 😣

Months later I dreamed about him again, in one dream he said he will always be with me. In another dream, we were just hanging out talking like the old days and I asked him why he had to die. In my dream he said "What do you mean? I'm not dead" 😨

A reoccurring dream I used to have was being in a house that looked like an MC Eshar painting. Doors leading to ladders, poles, other doors. I would open a door inside the house that lead outside to another door suspended in place. Weird shit.

One of the oddest dreams I had recently was I was going to the mailbox and I saw my neighbor's wife going to the box as well. Very attractive woman. I don't remember a lot of what was said but it was sexual in nature. I knew I was dreaming and was about to wake up and she said "stay asleep, I'll make it worth your while" Yeah WTF indeed. So I stayed asleep and she made it worth it LOL.

Then my brother showed up with an envelope. Inside it were white sewing buttons. I have no idea why and don't remember what it was for or meant. He then told me to go with him because it was time to pick up "Katsume" I don't know who the hell that was but I went with him.

We get to this house and I see my youngest son and my mother come out through the front door. My mom had died a few months ago and it was the first time I ever had dreamed about her, and vividly too. After that I woke up.