Pink Floyd - The Wall. Audio question

aliexpress

Hi,

This might be a simple answer and I apologise in advance if it's on iTunes or something and I just cant find it but does anyone know if there's a film version of the audio available anywhere, ie with Geldof singing and the different mixes of the songs?

Edited by aliexpress

1 hour ago, aliexpress said:

Hi,

This might be a simple answer and I apologise in advance if it's on iTunes or something and I just cant find it but does anyone know if there's a film version of the audio available anywhere, ie with Geldof singing and the different mixes of the songs?

I am a self proclaimed expert on The Wall, so I'll step in here :lol:

The answer is "yes and no". There's no officially released version of the audio from the movie. However, there are a bunch of bootleg variants out there with pretty decent sounding transfers. I have this on vinyl, for example:
https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Film/master/220807

That has all the film versions. I think my favorite of all the versions from the film is Mother, but I like them all for different reasons. I don't like Geldof's singing personally but I do like the differences in the way the band plays the actual songs behind him.

In any case, I hope this helps!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I am a self proclaimed expert on The Wall, so I'll step in here :lol:

The answer is "yes and no". There's no officially released version of the audio from the movie. However, there are a bunch of bootleg variants out there with pretty decent sounding transfers. I have this on vinyl, for example:
https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Film/master/220807

That has all the film versions. I think my favorite of all the versions from the film is Mother, but I like them all for different reasons. I don't like Geldof's singing personally but I do like the differences in the way the band plays the actual songs behind him.

In any case, I hope this helps!

Thanks mate, this is just what I'm looking for. I'm not a huge fan of Geldofs singing either (not that Rodger Waters is Pavarotti), it was just an example but I am after the different versions of the songs, funnily enough I just finished watching it and it was the stripped down version of Mother that made me ask the question! 

Thanks for your help

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aliexpress said:

Thanks mate, this is just what I'm looking for. I'm not a huge fan of Geldofs singing either (not that Rodger Waters is Pavarotti), it was just an example but I am after the different versions of the songs, funnily enough I just finished watching it and it was the stripped down version of Mother that made me ask the question! 

Thanks for your help

You're very welcome. The Wall might be my favorite record of all time, I get very excited whenever I can talk about it :lol:

I took a look on YouTube and there's a playlist with that entire "Pink Floyd - The Film" album on it, check it out:

• Like 1