Anyone here ever sell a online gaming account?

I'm not buying or selling anything here first of all.

However I'm thinking about selling one of old MMO online gaming accounts that I used since I was a kid, because I have litterally no interest in online gaming unless it's over the PSN or steam. Second, of all because I just remember being terriblly addicted for years when I could have been doing other things with my time. It's been a while, but I don't want a slip in the trap of logging in to start playing again (even though it's been a few years). Lastly, because I'd prefer the money.

So anyone have experience with selling their account for whatever on *insert site name site* and did you avoid getting scammed?

Edited by AtariLegend

no experience but some thoughts.

I'm a gamer myself, for 25 years and counting. There were times when gaming took all of my time, and you could say I "wasted" my life back then. Nonetheless, these games provided priceless moments I cherish to this day. Without them, my life would be pretty dull. This very statement may seem odd to some people, but ultimately all that matters is yourself. If you think it was worth it, then that's that.

From an outside perspective you could argue I was addicted, but these days I don't game remotely as much as I used to, because life got in the way. At no point did I need to put some rehab effort to be where I am now. It just happened, and part also because I lost interest in modern games.

I have a nintendo switch now, which for the first time in years offers me a solution to game when the wife watches television. She watches her program, and I game on my switch. It's all very natural and peaceful. I dont consider her television programs as an addiction, and neither does she my gaming habits.

It's just an innocent hobby, like there are many. On the plus side, I can play games with my son, providing yet other priceless moments to cherish for the rest of my life.

1 hour ago, action said:

no experience but some thoughts.

I'm a gamer myself, for 25 years and counting. There were times when gaming took all of my time, and you could say I "wasted" my life back then. Nonetheless, these games provided priceless moments I cherish to this day. Without them, my life would be pretty dull. This very statement may seem odd to some people, but ultimately all that matters is yourself. If you think it was worth it, then that's that.

From an outside perspective you could argue I was addicted, but these days I don't game remotely as much as I used to, because life got in the way. At no point did I need to put some rehab effort to be where I am now. It just happened, and part also because I lost interest in modern games.

I have a nintendo switch now, which for the first time in years offers me a solution to game when the wife watches television. She watches her program, and I game on my switch. It's all very natural and peaceful. I dont consider her television programs as an addiction, and neither does she my gaming habits.

It's just an innocent hobby, like there are many. On the plus side, I can play games with my son, providing yet other priceless moments to cherish for the rest of my life.

'time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time' John Lennon (I got a fuckin' quote from that scouse cunt for every occasion :lol:)

46 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

'time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time' John Lennon (I got a fuckin' quote from that scouse cunt for every occasion :lol:)

When I used to date, "I'm bigger than jesus" always was a line to impress the girls

• Haha 1

Basically trying to sell Warcraft account and Blizz games accounts that I haven't used in years. Not sure where to sell though. Mostly dodgy sites.

The game itself became very toxic a few expansions back, when Blizzard started focusing on micro transaction s and streamling everything. Honestly as fun as it was almost a decade ago, I do regret getting into it. Haven't played it in years, but I have lots of old obtainable things on it. I know people used to sell things on it and people were using it for bitcoin trading several years ago, before it became a big money thing. Bit too late now, but I do want to get rid of the account. Though I am aware the days of getting a grand for it are long gone.