2.0.4 to 2.1.3 Forum upgrade

eRomano

FORUM UPGRADE:

The Forum will soon be upgraded from version 2.0.4 to 2.1.3.

WHEN WILL THE UPGRADE TAKE PLACE?

The upgrade should be early next week. I will keep all of you informed in this thread.

WILL THEIR BE ANY DOWNTIME?

Yes their will be, it's unavoidable. Last time we upgraded that meant 4.5 hours of downtime. During the downtime, the Forum was not accessible at all and the server unreacheable.

BUGS

Should their be any bugs, members will be able to start one thread per bug in the "Support" Forum. I will appreciate all of you to let me know about the bugs (with as much detail as you can) and when ever possible and rellevant, to include a screen capture.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE UPGRADE

The moment the Forum comes back on, the Forum may be in it's default skin (white and blue). This is obviously one of the first things I will fix. I will then fix the bugs one by one, not necessarilly in the order in wich they are received.

It'll be a couple of day's work, but it should be worth it!

Edited by admin

The Forum was just updated.

I'm verry happy to say that the total down time was only 20 minutes!

I will be working almost roung the clock for the next few days to gove the Forum the same look it had prior to the upgrade. :D

Hey the forum is great like this! :D

Thanks Eric!

IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE UPGRADE

The moment the Forum comes back on, the Forum may be in it's default skin (white and blue). This is obviously one of the first things I will fix. I will then fix the bugs one by one, not necessarilly in the order in wich they are received.

It'll be a couple of day's work, but it should be worth it!

Eric here's a request.

Can you put the old old CHINESE_DEMOCRACY skin back? I want that, its my fav. one and I always used it before the upgrade

- 2.1.3 could handle the Chat better. In any case the chat won't be up anytime soon.

- Yes gunsguy, version 2.1.4 will be out soon. Of course I will install it if it's necessary. It will be a small update and not a full upgrade. So it should go unnoticed.

- The MYGNRFORUM Skin will be back soon. :D I used to have many different sets of skins available for members in the past, that ended up being too much trouble when havingto make changes to the skins. So now we have one trouble free skin. The debate about wich skin is better was made a long time ago.

- I'm glad to say that the Forum is stable.

- Some options are a bit different, they are all improvements wich the Forum maker incorporated into the Forum because of popular demand from the Community of Forums.

Edited by admin

I just wanna test this new textbox thing.. There are like 15 million new fonts :P

And this new "smiley-box" rocks :D..

Off Topic but I guess Eric is gonna read this thread.. Are you going to make a own section for Soccer? Like a sub forum to Anything Goes..

Edited by Wando

Off Topic but I guess Eric is gonna read this thread.. Are you going to make a own section for Soccer? Like a sub forum to Anything Goes..

No need really. Is It that distracting to see it there everyday?

No need really. Is It that distracting to see it there everyday?

I thoguht more it would be useful when every game could have a own thread :)