New lawsuit against Axl by LA Art Dealer

jack99

Rocker Axl Rose just got hit with a lawsuit by a Los Angeles art dealer who says he backed out of a deal to

buy a $2.3 million Andy Warhol portrait of John Lennon. The Acquire d'Arte gallery charges in L.A. Superior

Court that, after agreeing to buy the painting, Rose's manager said Axl didn't like the price or didn't have

enough money for final payments. The gallery wants $1.1 million in damages. Rose's lawyer Howard

Weitzman tells us: "Axl owes nothing," adding: "[He] may be the victim of a fraud or misrepresentation."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/454168p-382165c.html

If I got a print of that Worhol painting, or even just a poster of it, I guarantee I would be just as happy as if I had the real thing. I don't understand the thing with buying the genuine pieces of famous art and paying millions. I mean, what does it actually do for you? It makes you more of a target, that's the only thing I can think of. I mean, it'll just hang there on the wall... It will look nice, sure, but what will it DO for you that is worth several millions?

I'm not criticiizng Axl for this. It's his money, whatever. I just never understood the thing with buying high-profile art.

i mean i thought axl wouldnt be worth more than about 7 million?

Me too. But how much is he really worth now?

Do you realy think that "some" record company payed $15000000 for the recording of Chinese Democracy? I have my doubts about that. The mony has to come from somewhere,so probably Axl payed the most of it and is that the reason why he can't pay this painting.

That's it. No CD this year.... :confused:

Press release within 14 days -

"The band has been put in an untenable position by The Acquire d'Arte gallery and their latest lawsuit against me....

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further.

Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

:krider:

"The band has been put in an untenable position by The Acquire d'Arte gallery and their latest lawsuit against me....

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

:rofl-lol:

Thanks! That made my day!

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

:rofl-lol:

Thanks! That made my day!

Glad to hear that rock3 :xmasssanta:

M.

Rocker Axl Rose just got hit with a lawsuit by a Los Angeles art dealer who says he backed out of a deal to

buy a $2.3 million Andy Warhol portrait of John Lennon. The Acquire d'Arte gallery charges in L.A. Superior

Court that, after agreeing to buy the painting, Rose's manager said Axl didn't like the price or didn't have

enough money for final payments. The gallery wants $1.1 million in damages. Rose's lawyer Howard

Weitzman tells us: "Axl owes nothing," adding: "[He] may be the victim of a fraud or misrepresentation."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/454168p-382165c.html

Jesus Christ! When will idiots stop coming out of the woodwork and suing this poor guy???!!! It never ceases to amaze me what people will do for an extra buck...

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

:P:P:P

Edited by axlsend