Ozzfest '07

GNRrocks3

I went on Friday to Ozzfest Chicago and had a blast. We didn't get there til 3, so we missed a majority of the 2nd stage. I saw In This Moment and Devildriver- both rocked. On the main stage, there was a band called Black Tide that opened. The lead singer is 14, and the oldest bandmember is 19. They did pretty good for a group of teens. Lordi was fun. Lots of Pyro and stuff. Mr.Lordi sounds like Cookie Monster w/ a Finnish accent when he speaks. Static X fucking rocked! I'm not a Lamb Of God fan, but they were alright. Ozzy is still the man. Zakk did a long ass guitar solo. Ozzy's set list was (not in order) Bark At The Moon, Suicide Solution, Mr.Crowley, Not Going Away, Road To Nowhere, I Don't Know, Here For You, Mama I'm Coming Home, War Pigs, I Don't Wanna Change The World,Crazy Train, Paranoid.

Well I went into the festival not expecting too much, and I was pleasently surprised.

Highlights for me included: 3 Inches of Blood, The Showdown, Ankla, Daath, and of course all of the bands on the main stage

I saw In This Moment and Devildriver- both rocked.

Hmm, I found In This Moment to be one of the weaker ponts of the whole show along with Chthonic.

But I guess the variety of music is what makes Ozzfest great B)

I don't think Ozzfest has been any good since 2001.

...You mean 2005. It doesn't get much better than BLS, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath! rock3

Ozzfest didn't come to Darien Lake, NY for the first time in ages, apparently Darien won't host free concerts. Only bands I care for though are Ozzy and Lordi so it's not a huge loss

Ozzfest didn't come to Darien Lake, NY for the first time in ages, apparently Darien won't host free concerts. Only bands I care for though are Ozzy and Lordi so it's not a huge loss

Maybe Darien Lake isn't owned by LiveNation? All the venues on Ozzfest this year were LiveNation owned. That's part of how they were able to pull off the "free" thing. They (Sharon & Ozzy) don't have to pay rent on the venues.

Maybe Darien Lake isn't owned by LiveNation? All the venues on Ozzfest this year were LiveNation owned. That's part of how they were able to pull off the "free" thing. They (Sharon & Ozzy) don't have to pay rent on the venues.

That might be it, I'm going to see VR tonight so I'll look into it.

Have fun!! Wish i was going. Let me know how AIC was too!

Lucky, I was dying to see the VR Darien Lake show cause that's actually close to me. Have fun.

Anyways, I was really hoping to go to the Ozzfest on the 24th but had no transportation so mehhh.