package from sacramento

s487807

So I have this buddy named Rob Luther. He is a lawyer at some think tank in Cali, and a really big rock fan. He likes Bon Jovi more than GNR but I don't hold that against him. Recently he sends me this message:

John, I need your address, I have found something for you in my travels. . .

I was like: what?

So I send him my address here in fort myers about a week ago.

Today a gently wrapped jewel case arrives with three sony burned DVDs. They are marked with post it notes.

GNR 1

GNR 2

GNR 3

There was no note, or anything else.

So, I put them in my DVD player, grab the remote, and take a seat. WOW!

Enclosed on the 3 DVD set is every single television appearance that GNR has ever made, in full 1080i HD where possible.

It is a cool anthology. There are no menus or anything, but the appearances are broken up on tracks. If anybody wants it, PM me, or email me at lawyerjohnevans@aol.com, and I'll send you my info. I'm gonna need three blank DVDs and a self addressed pre-paid mailer.

you should all see this. it's pretty cool.

J

Eh, you're being harsh on the guy.

I will say, however, to the original poster - that if he REALLY wanted to do the fanbase a big favor, he'd put the DVDs up on a torrent. It won't take much time. Just rip 'em as .VOBs to your hard drive, make a torrent for each DVD, and just upload a few gigs. One at least one person has downloaded the discs, you wouldn't even really have to keep seeding if you didn't want to. It's easy as hell, and if you need help starting a torrent, just ask for help and I can give you some info.

That's a lot easier - and nicer - for us fans than making us send you blank DVDs.

I will say, however, to the original poster - that if he REALLY wanted to do the fanbase a big favor, he'd put the DVDs up on a torrent. It won't take much time. Just rip 'em as .VOBs to your hard drive, make a torrent for each DVD, and just upload a few gigs. One at least one person has downloaded the discs, you wouldn't even really have to keep seeding if you didn't want to. It's easy as hell, and if you need help starting a torrent, just ask for help and I can give you some info.

That's a lot easier - and nicer - for us fans than making us send you blank DVDs.

the proof:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...;albumId=954235

JE

the proof:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...;albumId=954235

JE

I believe ya now, but I agree with ER; make a torrent. :)